Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Darden - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Agreed on the FF a month, but on that note, I really dislike that we can't submit anymore updates. I'm sitting on the bubble for a promotion any minute now and wish I could communicate that to admissions - I'd understand if the cutoff date was like a week before or something.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Agreed on the FF a month, but on that note, I really dislike that we can't submit anymore updates. I'm sitting on the bubble for a promotion any minute now and wish I could communicate that to admissions - I'd understand if the cutoff date was like a week before or something.

Who knows, they might look at materials submitted after the 'deadline' (assuming that it really is a timely update rather than somebody missing the deadline for other reasons). As long as you aren't pestering them with extraneous information, I would go ahead and submit the additional info. Good luck on the promotion! Looks like we are waiting on a lot of the same adcoms...

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Bigblue1010 wrote:
Wish I could fast forward 1 month.

That reminds me of a cheesy joke....I have a time machine, but it only runs forward at regular speed... :|
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Who knows, they might look at materials submitted after the 'deadline' (assuming that it really is a timely update rather than somebody missing the deadline for other reasons). As long as you aren't pestering them with extraneous information, I would go ahead and submit the additional info. Good luck on the promotion! Looks like we are waiting on a lot of the same adcoms...

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Zomba wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?

I have a family connection to Booth. If I get in there, then I will attend. I am honestly torn about the rest, though 'Team Fuqua' really impressed me. I would want to visit before I could decide on the others. A lot boils down to my wife, actually.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.[/quote]

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?[/quote]

I have a family connection to Booth. If I get in there, then I will attend. I am honestly torn about the rest, though 'Team Fuqua' really impressed me. I would want to visit before I could decide on the others. A lot boils down to my wife, actually.[/quote]

similar boat here...no wife but a girlfriend of six years/soon to be fiance has found jobs offers in chicago for next yr (she is in school right now), but nowhere else. Plus the Chicago schools are my two top choices that remain in my app pool.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Was notified this morning that my promotion came through last friday. Now hopefully Booth will accept it as part of my WL updates...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dancingonmyown wrote:
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?

I applied to the Chicago schools in R1 and Fuqua/Darden in R2. Glad that I finally got some good news, because I only applied to four programs.

Good luck on the WL. Did you submit a video update to Booth, or stick with a letter/something traditional?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
Dancingonmyown wrote:

I applied to the Chicago schools in R1 and Fuqua/Darden in R2. Glad that I finally got some good news, because I only applied to four programs.

Good luck on the WL. Did you submit a video update to Booth, or stick with a letter/something traditional?

Congrats!!! I know exactly how you feel. I was figuring out back-up life plans until last Thursday, especially as my current job has a set end date. I went with video and essay. I feel my video was pretty solid, and I really drove home my desire to attend Booth and how I plan to be an active community member. Once this thing is over, we should all share videos in a file drop box somewhere.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is anybody else's GMAT score still reflecting as 'awaiting'. That has driven me nuts for months. I emailed in December to check that all is alright, and it appears to be so, yet the status still shows as 'awaiting'.

During my 2nd round applications, I discovered that my percentiles had changed for all subsections from when I originally took the test (in 2008), though the overall percentile mark didn't change. I am a bit worried that this mismatch between the scores I self reported and the new test report that I sent will cause me some problems.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
Is anybody else's GMAT score still reflecting as 'awaiting'. That has driven me nuts for months. I emailed in December to check that all is alright, and it appears to be so, yet the status still shows as 'awaiting'.

During my 2nd round applications, I discovered that my percentiles had changed for all subsections from when I originally took the test (in 2008), though the overall percentile mark didn't change. I am a bit worried that this mismatch between the scores I self reported and the new test report that I sent will cause me some problems.

i wouldnt sweat it - they know this happens and expect it. mine changed too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Well, things will start getting a bit more lively on this forum in about 36 hours. It seems like quite a few R1 WL got in on the R2 notification deadline last year, so I hope that the results are similar again this year. *fingers crossed*

For the 'Booth or Bust'ers, best of luck!

I'm pretty happy with my application, interview, and WL updates, so if I don't get in, I at least feel like Booth got my best effort.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
Well, things will start getting a bit more lively on this forum in about 36 hours. It seems like quite a few R1 WL got in on the R2 notification deadline last year, so I hope that the results are similar again this year. *fingers crossed*

For the 'Booth or Bust'ers, best of luck!

I'm pretty happy with my application, interview, and WL updates, so if I don't get in, I at least feel like Booth got my best effort.

It has certainly been a rocky year and a half. I hope Wednesday is my day!!

Good luck people!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Although I know it doesn't matter, I can't help but wonder if it's better to be a R1 waitlister or a fresh R2 interviewee. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
A couple of sleepless nights ahead. I hope we all get in, you've all been a great help throughout the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Its Booth or bust for me! Hoping to make it. Best of luck everyone!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts