Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB 2013 - Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
marc43 wrote:
I interviewed and waiting for the decision.
Im not really confident. My interview went super well but still I have the impression that it is not the most important aspect of your application (More focus on essays and recommendation letters)...

I thought I wouldn't stress about it but damn this is hard!

Yeah my interview didn't feel like it went very well. She kept it to 45 mins on the dot and the email said to expect a 1 hr interview. She seemed mildly positive but I didn't feel like I put my best foot forward--it was less of a softball interview than I was expecting. So... hoping that it's not weighted too heavily here. It doesn't seem fair to weight one person's snap judgment about you heavily relative to the word of reputable people who have known you and worked with you through thick and thin for 4 years.

I'm surprised there isn't more activity on this board right now--where are all the other stress cases?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Catatonic wrote:
I'm surprised there isn't more activity on this board right now--where are all the other stress cases?

I suspect its because so few people actually got interview invites. At least, that's what I tell myself as someone who didn't get an invite. :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Have also been surprised that it has been so quiet on here. Of the cycles of grief, I think I'm arriving at "Acceptance" given the lack of an interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
In the same boat. Did not feel great coming out of the interview - my interviewer kept interrupting my responses / asking for additional detail / showed no emotion. Ended the interview by saying "oh i forgot to ask you whether you wanted to go to Stanford." Definitely not what i was expecting.

Catatonic wrote:
marc43 wrote:
Im not really confident. My interview went super well but still I have the impression that it is not the most important aspect of your application (More focus on essays and recommendation letters)...

Yeah my interview didn't feel like it went very well. She kept it to 45 mins on the dot and the email said to expect a 1 hr interview. She seemed mildly positive but I didn't feel like I put my best foot forward--it was less of a softball interview than I was expecting. So... hoping that it's not weighted too heavily here. It doesn't seem fair to weight one person's snap judgment about you heavily relative to the word of reputable people who have known you and worked with you through thick and thin for 4 years.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Catatonic wrote:
marc43 wrote:

I interviewed, thought it went really well (1/2 hour interview, 1/2 hour lets have life discussions about women/leadership/business because my interviewer was such a Boss) but am so anxious for Tuesday... I imagine the lack of activity is because of many people not hearing about interviews(yet?) and those of use who have... what do we have to say right now? I imagine we'll be chatting up a storm on Tuesday! Best of luck to all

on another note, at the very end of the interview she told me she hosts a reception for admitted women so "can meet your classmates." it would be super messed up if she gave me a poor review and said that, right?!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview invite in the last few days? Or is it pretty much done?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
We will see I guess
I also believe mine went really well and I received some good signs
But he said the decision wasnt his so we will see

Good luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
If I wasn't interviewed, can I expect to simply receive an official "ding" from Stanford next week? Is anyone put on the waitlist in R2 who wasn't interviewed? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Catatonic wrote:
marc43 wrote:

Stress case here! My interview was fine but not outstanding...my interviewer was very nice and friendly so hard to tell if she liked me or was just being herself. So far, have been rejected from HBS and WLed at Kellogg, and feel like I have zero confidence about positive outcomes at GSB and Booth :( I thought Kellogg was in the bag, so getting WLed really shook me. The next week is going to be awful!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
My interview went okay. I really have nothing to say which is why I don't feel the need to post. I am currently part of the zero-admit club, but i'm really hoping 1 of Stanford/Wharton will grace me with good news next week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
I threw an wish app in the well
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell
And now you're in my way

I trade my soul for an wish admit
Pennies and dimes for an kiss interview
I wasn't looking for this
But now you're in my way

Your stare was holding
Ripped jeans Knight centre, skin palm trees were showing
Hot night, wind was blowing
Where you think you're going baby?

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy
But here's my number gmat, so call me maybe
It's hard to look right, at you baby
But here's my number essay, so call me maybe

And all the other boys b-schools, try to chase me

You took your time with the call
I took no time with the fall
You gave me nothing at all, but still you're in my way
I beg and borrow and steal
At first sight and it's real
I didn't know I would feel it, but it's in my way

Your stare was holding
Ripped jeans Knight centre, skin palm trees were showing
Hot night, wind was blowing
Where you think you're going baby?

And all the other boys bschools, try to chase me

Before you came into my life I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad... I missed you so, so bad
And you should know that... I missed you so, so bad

And all the other boys bschools, try to chase me

I missed you so bad... I missed you so, so bad
And you should know that
So call me maybe

- With due apologies to Carly Rae Jepsen, and my application to Stanford GSB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
RIP, my Stanford app...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Economics
Send PM
Anybody knows how the interviewers evaluate us? Is it a form with grades? or just a note saying whether or not we should be admitted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V51
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
yoginijenn wrote:
Stress case here! My interview was fine but not outstanding...my interviewer was very nice and friendly so hard to tell if she liked me or was just being herself. So far, have been rejected from HBS and WLed at Kellogg, and feel like I have zero confidence about positive outcomes at GSB and Booth :( I thought Kellogg was in the bag, so getting WLed really shook me. The next week is going to be awful!

Aw man, remember how we talked about being in the exact same boat, schools-wise? Well, we're STILL in the exact same boat! I was also WLed at Kellogg, and am also now feeling a lot worse about Stanford and Booth as a result. Not that I ever felt really good about Stanford, but still--ugh!

I've just been trying not to think about Stanford, since it seems like such a long shot... My interview went reasonably well, but I feel like my essays weren't the best, and I just overall don't have a good feeling about my chances. So I'm stressed, but... not really expecting a positive outcome enough to be really stressed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Cerasi wrote:
yoginijenn wrote:

Aw man, remember how we talked about being in the exact same boat, schools-wise? Well, we're STILL in the exact same boat! I was also WLed at Kellogg, and am also now feeling a lot worse about Stanford and Booth as a result. Not that I ever felt really good about Stanford, but still--ugh!

I've just been trying not to think about Stanford, since it seems like such a long shot... My interview went reasonably well, but I feel like my essays weren't the best, and I just overall don't have a good feeling about my chances. So I'm stressed, but... not really expecting a positive outcome enough to be really stressed.

Funnily, I know several people who were rejected by Kellogg and admitted to Stanford. I wouldn't let the Kellogg ding get you down. For one thing, every school is looking for different things. For another thing, my impression is that Kellogg is aggressive about yield management, and if you are clearly Harvard/Stanford material, they may reject or waitlist you to maintain their yield.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V51
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Catatonic wrote:
Funnily, I know several people who were rejected by Kellogg and admitted to Stanford. I wouldn't let the Kellogg ding get you down. For one thing, every school is looking for different things. For another thing, my impression is that Kellogg is aggressive about yield management, and if you are clearly Harvard/Stanford material, they may reject or waitlist you to maintain their yield.

I'm going to cling to this hope! :) If not for Stanford, then at least that Kellogg could still be convinced to take me if nothing else pans out...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
equestrian wrote:
Catatonic wrote:
marc43 wrote:

I interviewed, thought it went really well (1/2 hour interview, 1/2 hour lets have life discussions about women/leadership/business because my interviewer was such a Boss) but am so anxious for Tuesday... I imagine the lack of activity is because of many people not hearing about interviews(yet?) and those of use who have... what do we have to say right now? I imagine we'll be chatting up a storm on Tuesday! Best of luck to all

on another note, at the very end of the interview she told me she hosts a reception for admitted women so "can meet your classmates." it would be super messed up if she gave me a poor review and said that, right?!

Originally posted by BuilderSF on 22 Mar 2013, 21:05.
Last edited by BuilderSF on 23 Mar 2013, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts