Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Re: What Video Games Are You Playing? [#permalink]
I'm about to start portal 2 (finally), nice to hear the walking dead games are worth playing, maybe I'll give them a try.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Portal 2 is awesome! And definitely try the Walking Dead, but only Telltale's game.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Have either of you tried Tomb Raider yet? From the trailer and all gameplay I've seen - the game looks pretty awesome. I'm just going to wait for it to go down a bit in price before picking it up.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
My boyfriend bought Tomb Raider awhile ago and has been trying to get me to play it. It does look pretty awesome, and he said it's a lot of fun.

EDIT: Just started playing Tomb Raider. It hasn't been very interesting thus far, but I'm told that it vastly improves after the first hour of gameplay.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by missxmelon on 25 Mar 2013, 06:42.
Last edited by missxmelon on 04 Apr 2013, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Have any of you tried DotA2? It's got an insane learning curve, but it's crazy fun / addicting.

It's a short duration RPG game. Games last up to an hour (sometimes slightly longer, but usually shorter). You start at level 1 with 600 gold, as the game progresses you gain experience and gold (which you use to buy items).

Basic premise is that there are two teams (each with five players) and the goal is to destroy the other team's base before they destroy yours.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
jko wrote:
Have any of you tried DotA2? It's got an insane learning curve, but it's crazy fun / addicting.

It's a short duration RPG game. Games last up to an hour (sometimes slightly longer, but usually shorter). You start at level 1 with 600 gold, as the game progresses you gain experience and gold (which you use to buy items).

Basic premise is that there are two teams (each with five players) and the goal is to destroy the other team's base before they destroy yours.

A few of my friends are addicted to DotA (and in medical school...not sure how that works). The insane learning curve is what keeps me away - I don't think I have the patience to get through it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i want wii! :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
jko wrote:

A few of my friends are addicted to DotA (and in medical school...not sure how that works). The insane learning curve is what keeps me away - I don't think I have the patience to get through it!

Haha yeah, the learning curve is steep, but you can get past it. Plus the matchmaking system is reasonably good, so if you queue for a match you'll get matched with people who are equalled skilled (or unskilled).

There are some decent guides out there, one of the best is 'Welcome to dota, you suck' haha.

The thing is, since you're always being matched against people the same skill as you, even as you get better, the game doesn't get any easier. It's always a struggle whether you're a complete newb or a veteran.

Honestly I have 400 wins by now, and still exceptionally mediocre.
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anybody here playing Diablo 3? It's a fun game with a lot of possibilities and a big emphasis on team play... kind of like GMAT! :)

-Ron
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
Anyone else pick up Bioshock Infinite? I just beat it the other day. Very interesting story, I highly recommend it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RyanCJW wrote:
Have either of you tried Tomb Raider yet? From the trailer and all gameplay I've seen - the game looks pretty awesome. I'm just going to wait for it to go down a bit in price before picking it up.

My buddy loaned me a copy of Tomb Raider, so I've been playing it a bit this week. It's very good! I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't really intend to buy it, but now I'll probably get my own copy of it. The gameplay is very fun and the premise is interesting so far. The bow is an awesome weapon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Booth '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
How can this topic about games developing team work and co-ordination go on without the mention of Counter-Strike and Age of EmpiresII. These have to be the most popular games on the international multiplayer game scenario. Thought the latter has become rather obsolete now. But Counter-Strike still keeps its kegs up.

:lol: :lol:
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
Anyone else pick up Bioshock Infinite? I just beat it the other day. Very interesting story, I highly recommend it.

Bioshock Infinite, yes! I too think the story is highly fascinating :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
RyanCJW wrote:

My buddy loaned me a copy of Tomb Raider, so I've been playing it a bit this week. It's very good! I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't really intend to buy it, but now I'll probably get my own copy of it. The gameplay is very fun and the premise is interesting so far. The bow is an awesome weapon.

I love the bow (esp for stealth kills), but my fav has to be the rifle (not sure where you're at in the game, but you get cool upgrades for this) and also the shotgun for close range!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
missxmelon wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
RyanCJW wrote:

I love the bow (esp for stealth kills), but my fav has to be the rifle (not sure where you're at in the game, but you get cool upgrades for this) and also the shotgun for close range!!

Yes I already beat it now lol, finished it yesterday - well the story at least. My total completion is 87% due to not getting all of the GPS/relics/documents etc. But yes the bow was my favorite weapliked being stealthy with the bow though.

Originally posted by TonyMontana896 on 06 May 2013, 17:45.
Last edited by TonyMontana896 on 06 May 2013, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
Yes I already beat it now lol, finished it yesterday - well the story at least. My total completion is 87% due to not getting all of the GPS/relics/documents etc. But yes the bow was my favorite weapliked being stealthy with the bow though.

Ahh you were pretty comprehensive! I think I was like 75%~ complete when I finished the story. I'm too impatient to look for all those GPS caches/relics/docs etc. (though I do thoroughly enjoy the challenges and never pass up a tomb!). I'm at 97% now, but don't plan on fully completing it. I swear that stupid mushroom challenge is not worth it...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oops, not sure what happened with my previous post, I somehow deleted part of it. It was supposed to say 'favorite weapon.' But yeah the rifle was cool too, especially with the upgrades.

I may slowly go back and try to find the things I missed, not sure if I'll bother to get 100% though cause you're right, some of the challenges and GPS caches are a pain to find. Maybe I'll cheat and watch youtube videos of the locations.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4