Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [7]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [3]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: 710 Q50 V36 - Phew I'm done with the GMAT (probably) [#permalink]
Kudos
I know I said I wouldn't retake. However after some consideration and noting that it fell below the median scores of some of my target schools, I went ahead and booked another GMAT.

I am delighted to say I scored a 740 (Q48, V44). I honestly have no idea where that verbal score came from as I had never scored more than V41 during my practice tests. In terms of what I did between the last test and today's retake, I really can't put a finger on it. I generally took quite a laid back approach of reviewing the medium to hard questions on the OG13. I did notice that I instinctively noticed the trap answers quicker and this helped. So apologies to people looking for the holy grail on how to improve your verbal score dramatically, I really can't pin down what improved my score other than a little bit more practice!

So after finally achieving a GMAT score that I am comfortable with and is above the median for my targets schools, I can set aside my books and move onto the next stage of my preparation for the upcoming application season.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
domotron wrote:
I know I said I wouldn't retake. However after some consideration and noting that it fell below the median scores of some of my target schools, I went ahead and booked another GMAT.

I am delighted to say I scored a 740 (Q48, V44). I honestly have no idea where that verbal score came from as I had never scored more than V41 during my practice tests. In terms of what I did between the last test and today's retake, I really can't put a finger on it. I generally took quite a laid back approach of reviewing the medium to hard questions on the OG13. I did notice that I instinctively noticed the trap answers quicker and this helped. So apologies to people looking for the holy grail on how to improve your verbal score dramatically, I really can't pin down what improved my score other than a little bit more practice!

So after finally achieving a GMAT score that I am comfortable with and is above the median for my targets schools, I can set aside my books and move onto the next stage of my preparation for the upcoming application season.

This is encouraging since I'm retaking the GMAT and hope to get a similar score. I need a 80 percentile for quant and I feel like I can push my verbal higher.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts