Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q760 V670
GPA: 3.47
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
jiggedyjared wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
Does anyone know when the decision email is sent out? I am a R3 applicant, who was never invited. I am pretty much expecting a ding, but secretly hoping for a WL w/o Interview.

Nothing for me yet either. Previous rounds sent the dings at midnight on the night (or morning) before the decision date if I recall correctly.

Posted from my mobile device

I received an email at 12:10 am EST Friday March 29th and was WL'd. In email after accepting the WL, they say they will reach out with instructions for submitting additional material if needed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
So I received a midnight ding email. All those who haven't heard back should call admissions if you don't hear back till late afternoon. If you were to be dinged you should have been with me I think!

Best of luck to those still in the game!

D3
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
dschwa238 wrote:
AlonZ wrote:
ace312 wrote:
Got an email, logged in to find out I was Waitlisted, the wait continues
R3 International applicant, so whoever said internationals cannot be waitlisted in R3, this is for you

But does anyone know how waitlists work for R3 for internationals? It makes no sense to wait till the next admit notifications for R4 which is in May. From a visa perspective it might be a lil late by then

Yeah that's me...and guess what they seemed to answer me right back by putting me in it!!!

I guess they do compare international ones to US ones by diversity.

Everyone who hasnt got an email yet - last week the WL'd got the email on thursday and the admitted ones on Friday. I hope that's your cue

Sorry, can you clarify - so you were on the waitlist last week, emailed, and then they accepted you?
Did they ask you for any more information/material?

LOL no...It's an inside joke for the one who said that I wrote a few days ago that I dont see why international students such as I would go on the WL...as I all international students have applied and they dont compete with domestic ones....I was wrong as I got WL last night(US noon time- I'm in Israel)

I havent even digested what it means to be WL and what I need to do to get admitted...

What I meant by talking about last week is to let people who havent got any notice yet that they should give up as last week Thursday was the day of WL notifications and Friday of Admissions....of course this time there will also be denials ..

Good Luck to everybody!

Happy Shabbat :roll:
Director
Director
Send PM
Daedalus3 wrote:
So I received a midnight ding email. All those who haven't heard back should call admissions if you don't hear back till late afternoon. If you were to be dinged you should have been with me I think!

D3

Interesting. Not sure why all Dings are not sent out at the same time. Maybe they want to WL me w/o interview? Will surely call in couple hours.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
Daedalus3 wrote:

D3

Interesting. Not sure why all Dings are not sent out at the same time. Maybe they want to WL me w/o interview? Will surely call in couple hours.

I woke up at 12:30 and then about every 45 minutes after that expecting to be able to put this awful application mess behind me.

You're right; it doesn't make much sense to do multiple releases of dings. Now, I'm wondering if somehow my application fell through the cracks since I applied for a separate McCombs program and withdrew that application in an earlier round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
WE:Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Good luck to all those dinged, WLed, or still waiting. I can only imagine they filled most of the slots in R1 and R2 and you were vying for a small number of remaining seats. My guess is we will start seeing people move off the waitlist right after April 18th, and then another batch in May.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
Gorgasali wrote:
Good luck to all those dinged, WLed, or still waiting. I can only imagine they filled most of the slots in R1 and R2 and you were vying for a small number of remaining seats. My guess is we will start seeing people move off the waitlist right after April 18th, and then another batch in May.

I wonder how WL candidates from one round compare with the other. Does Adcom first get done with the WLed candidates from R1 and R2 before focusing on R3? Curious
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
ace312 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

I wonder how WL candidates from one round compare with the other. Does Adcom first get done with the WLed candidates from R1 and R2 before focusing on R3? Curious

I don't really know, but I'd guess all rounds of WLers are on equal footing. The waitlist is basically used to round out the class, so if they see someone who fits what they are looking for I think they'd offer them the spot regardless of which round they applied in. The only advantage I could see a rd 1 waitlister having is more time to improve his/her candidacy and demonstrate that they want to come to McCombs (assuming McCombs accepts waitlist updates).

Best of luck to all waitlisted. It looks like rd 3 was particularly sparse on acceptances, so take it as a sign that they like you. That's what I'm trying to tell myself after being WLed at 4 schools in a row. :lol: Hope a few spots open up for you guys.
Manager
Manager
Send PM

Originally posted by jiggedyjared on 29 Mar 2013, 12:35.
Last edited by jiggedyjared on 01 Apr 2013, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
jiggedyjared wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

Um... to all those waiting to hear back... guess what, I just got the following email from AdCom:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Your application is good to go and is still being reviewed. While we work to get all decisions out today it is tough! We should have an answer for you by mid-week next week. Thanks for your patience and good luck!

Regards...
"

Wow that's crazy. Well since you haven't been dinged or waitlisted so far, hopefully it means your chances are pretty good. Kinda frustrating that they're pushing the decision date back on you though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
jiggedyjared wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

Um... to all those waiting to hear back... guess what, I just got the following email from AdCom:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Your application is good to go and is still being reviewed. While we work to get all decisions out today it is tough! We should have an answer for you by mid-week next week. Thanks for your patience and good luck!

Regards...
"

Wow that's crazy. Well since you haven't been dinged or waitlisted so far, hopefully it means your chances are pretty good. Kinda frustrating that they're pushing the decision date back on you though.

I'm assuming it's a de facto Waitlist for me while they take a quick peak at the domestic round 4 applicants. In any case, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess it sort of makes sense that the people on here that have gotten a final decision (whether WL, Ding, or Admit) have all been either international or from the North. It allows them to make arrangements to get down to Austin for preview weekend. As a Dallas resident, I can be down there on very short notice. So, maybe they really are behind and just prioritized based on proximity.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Dallas resident here, already got my waitlist email. :? So not sure what to make of your situation, it seems pretty odd.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Odd that so many of you Dallas residents are getting WLed as well? I got waitlisted a few weeks ago in the Consortium round, just sent in my updates + video by the 4/1 deadline. Though I am in San Francisco, so who knows.

Fingers crossed for everyone.
Director
Director
Send PM
I am a round 3 applicant and didn't hear anything last Friday (no ding, waitlist or interview invite). Its seems pretty odd.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
silvaware wrote:
Odd that so many of you Dallas residents are getting WLed as well? I got waitlisted a few weeks ago in the Consortium round, just sent in my updates + video by the 4/1 deadline. Though I am in San Francisco, so who knows.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Can you share what questions were asked in the video? I'm going to do mine later this evening
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
russ wrote:
adee009 wrote:
I got the email too .. anyone of you submitted it. I am going to take it tonight or tomorrow. Please share the questiones of the process..its a first!
The video interview was 3 questions, with a 90 seconds time limit for each response...for a total 4 minutes and 30 seconds MAX. I was expecting about a half hour!

First question: why would you be a good fit with McCombs?
Second question: what would you change about the McCombs curriculum?
Third question: what clubs would you like to join?

It was really odd for me to not have the instant feedback from seeing an interviewer's reactions and no ability to interact. Also, your computer displays how you look in your video, so it's like dictating an essay into a mirror. I felt quite awkward, while I'm quite comfortable in face-to-face interviews.

I thought that the video interview would be my chance to jump onto the accepted list, but it was a strange experience that didn't leave me feeling confident.

Good luck to you other waitlistees.

Just did my video interview after making R2 waitlist with in-person interview. There were 3 questions @ 90 seconds each (as stated by prior poster). Once you start, you have to finish. So for those who don't read these forums and may not have had a head start in prepping, I have to wonder what the quality of their responses were (or what the admissions committee is expecting). I had the above 3 questions as my reference point so I was able to have somewhat coherent answers.

My questions were similar to the above poster's, but one was different.

1- Why is the Texas MBA program the right program for you?
2- Based on what you now know, if you could change one thing about the curriculum or student life, what would it be?
3- Where do you see yourself working in 10 years and why
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V33
Send PM
brosnan6 wrote:
russ wrote:
adee009 wrote:
I got the email too .. anyone of you submitted it. I am going to take it tonight or tomorrow. Please share the questiones of the process..its a first!
The video interview was 3 questions, with a 90 seconds time limit for each response...for a total 4 minutes and 30 seconds MAX. I was expecting about a half hour!

First question: why would you be a good fit with McCombs?
Second question: what would you change about the McCombs curriculum?
Third question: what clubs would you like to join?

It was really odd for me to not have the instant feedback from seeing an interviewer's reactions and no ability to interact. Also, your computer displays how you look in your video, so it's like dictating an essay into a mirror. I felt quite awkward, while I'm quite comfortable in face-to-face interviews.

I thought that the video interview would be my chance to jump onto the accepted list, but it was a strange experience that didn't leave me feeling confident.

Good luck to you other waitlistees.

Just did my video interview after making R2 waitlist with in-person interview. There were 3 questions @ 90 seconds each (as stated by prior poster). Once you start, you have to finish. So for those who don't read these forums and may not have had a head start in prepping, I have to wonder what the quality of their responses were (or what the admissions committee is expecting). I had the above 3 questions as my reference point so I was able to have somewhat coherent answers.

My questions were similar to the above poster's, but one was different.

1- Why is the Texas MBA program the right program for you?
2- Based on what you now know, if you could change one thing about the curriculum or student life, what would it be?
3- Where do you see yourself working in 10 years and why

Thanks Brosnan. I thought the video questions are all equal. Seems like they still have a sets of questions.
Really useful information and hope all WL candidates bringing out the best performance!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts