Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.44
WE:Project Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GRE 1: Q83 V97
GPA: 3.19
WE:Human Resources (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]
Hi Conrad,
Any idea as to when the decision for R4 interviews should be coming out?
Thanks,
Send PM
@TheCount

We are aiming to get the majority out either end of this week or early next week. The fact that I am in Asia right now, 8 timezones ahead of the team, makes this round a bit more challenging for us than previous rounds :-)

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GRE 1: Q83 V97
GPA: 3.19
WE:Human Resources (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CambridgeMBA wrote:
@TheCount

We are aiming to get the majority out either end of this week or early next week. The fact that I am in Asia right now, 8 timezones ahead of the team, makes this round a bit more challenging for us than previous rounds :-)

Conrad

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello Conrad,

My Toefl score is 104: Reading 29 / Listening 24 / Speaking 24 / Writing 27. This is not in line with your requirement of 110 / min 25 in each section.

Can I still apply ?

Many thanks in advance.
Send PM
@kotikota

Apologies for the delay in replying. I am travelling at the moment and the wifi has been patchy.

As you mentioned, your TOEFL is below our minimum requirement but you can apply. If you are successful, you will have to take a language assessment from our Language Centre, who will then decide if you should retake the TOEFL and make that a requirement for admission.

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Conrad / Admissions team,

The 2012 career placement results are still not updated on the JBS site. Is this likely to be updated in the near future?

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/employment ... index.html

Thanks
Send PM
The formal employment report is still being prepared but the headline stats are at this page

https://www.thecambridgembaadmissions.co ... d-in-2012/

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: CBS '15
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi Conrad/Admission Team,
With Cambridge and other UK B-schools class profile clearly indicating that they prefer candidate with high work experience, is it absolutely no for a candidate with less work experience (approx 3 yrs.)
Also is there anyway to overcome such limitation in profile.
Send PM
Our requirement is for candidates to have at least 3 years of work experience from the time they begin the programme, so if you have less than 3 years at the time of application, you could still be eligible.

We do accept people with 3 or 4 years of work experience. They demonstrated a strong track record of achievement within a short space of time so if you are in that position, you should definitely not be deterred from applying to the Cambridge MBA.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hi Conrad

I wanted to find out what the job prospects are in UK for Non-EU students (I'm from India) post completion of an MBA from judge. The placement report doesn't throw light on how many Non-EU students were able to secure jobs in UK post their MBA. So I was hoping that you could throw some light on this subject.

Thanks & Regards
Send PM
@ramalo

Firstly, any MBA, regardless of country of origin or visa status, will have to demonstrate that they are the best candidate for the job. Depending on the sector, that might not be that easy given the high degree of competition for jobs in the UK, which tends to attract applicants from around the world.

But specifically on the visa issue, I would say that it is very much dependent on the company. Some of our non-EU students have found employment with small UK companies who are willing to sponsor visas. On the other hand, there are international professional services firm who have a policy of not sponsoring visas, whereas their direct competitor might sponsor a visa.

So there are no patterns but it does mean that non-EU students should start their career search early. Advice, which everyone should heed.

Conrad
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hey would you be in a position to tell when the new MBA placement data report will be out?
Send PM
@ramalo

Our students graduate in September of each year and we only send out employment surveys 3 months after they graduate. This is the standard time that all MBA programs adopt. We usually give alums a month to submit their employment data and we then publish the employment report soon after.

THe most recent employment report is for the class who graduated in 2012. You can find it here
https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/employment ... index.html

The next employment report will be ready sometime first quarter of 2014.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GRE 1: Q168 V158
GPA: 2.47
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
What are the possibilities of combining an MBA at Judge with work in nuclear policy, specifically new technology? I understand that Cambridge has the Cambridge Nuclear Energy Centre and I currently work at an AP1000 new construction nuclear plant in the United States. I have applied for your program, however I do not have your required 3.3 gpa. I have written an essay about the reasoning, including being at a military service academy, which is significantly more rigorous than civilian schools.
Send PM
@fergsonfire

I don't think this forum is the right place for queries based on individual circumstances but I would say that there is no set profiles that we are against. We believe in diversity and that each individual should be judged on their own merits. We have had military personnel, a professional dancer, a chef, entrepreneurs in addition to the more traditional finance, consulting and industry profiles.

I would encourage you to apply and if you have any other individual queries, please email mba-enquiries@jbs.cam.ac.uk.

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Great forum, lots of good insight directly from the source. I have read the pertinent sections on the Cambridge/Judge website related to the GPA requirement, as well as the answers herein, though I do have some lingering concerns that I hope you could address prior to submission of an application:

As an older applicant I took most of my classes in the late '90's from a highly regarded US university, obtaining a degree in engineering. I have recently read that grade inflation is a legitimate phenomenon at top US universities, and from my experience I witnessed a fair amount of grade inflation during my university tenure but only in courses I took outside of the math/physics/science/engineering schools. I totally value Cambridge/Judge's commitment to higher standards of education, but I'm also curious to learn to what extent the grade inflation that has been reported in recent years might affect an older applicant's GPA evaluation? I certainly don't want to diminish the accomplishments of more recent graduates, and I realize that a solid GMAT score would possibly offset a lower GPA for a highly qualified applicant, but any feedback from the Admissions Team about how GPA's are assessed for older applicants, for specific degrees or even from particular institutions, would certainly support my conviction to apply to such a prestigious and fast-growing program.

Best Regards,
Send PM
@grasshawper

Thanks for your email. I have to admit that we have not thought about that. Largely because we also look at a candidate's GMAT as well, so that gives us some indication of a candidate's academic ability.

For candidates with more work experience, what they have accomplished in the workplace would play a much larger role in the assessment so I would encourage you to apply.

Conrad
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts