Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION GMAT 700 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
smoothnavigator wrote:
Thanks Linda ,

I understand the challenges .

But considering my profile in totality. Kindly advise me following

1) Schools where my admission will be most challenging, (Probability of 0.4 or less)

2) Schools where my application will be considered competitive. ( Probability between 0.4 and 0.8)

3) Safe schools where my application is most likely be accepted ( Probability above 0.8)

I am targeting top 10~15 schools of North America.

I understand INSEAD and IMD are good options, but I intend to do MBA from North America as I have lot of family staying there.

Also just to add on my work experience

1) My core competence is in oil and gas( I have mostly worked on or commanded oil and gas ships) .
3) Worked and interacted with people from at least 40 different nations( all continents included except Alaska). Also traveled to all continents ( except Alaska) for work.
4) Lead teams with people from at least 20 different nations.( though all may not be included at same time)
5) A strong team player,my primary work is to motivate people and get some of the toughest work from them in most challenging conditions.
6) I am among the the first few Indian mariners to work on LNG ships and was instrumental in first successful technology transfer of LNG transportation to leading Indian National company.

Regarding GMAT, Is 700 really short , that even my work experience cannot cover for it ?
My break up is Q 47, V 40 ( Surprising as my quant skills are much better than my verbal skills, but GMAT does have its own ways to surprise you).
Also forgot to mention, during my GMAT there was an earthquake, leading to suspension of GMAT and evacuation from test center. The earthquake surely wasted a couple of minutes of my exam and also caused some extra uncalled stress.

Tks and brgds
Capt. Digvijay Masiwal

Smooth Navigator,

Realize that all the top MBA programs have acceptance rates of under .4 so if you are even competitive at those programs, you probably don't have a .4 percent chance of acceptance. Furthermore, I really don't like to assess odds like that.

However, here I go:

Most challenging: Harvard and Wharton.
Competitive: Duke, Darden, Michigan Ross, IMD, Cornell Johnson, UCLA Anderson, UT Austin
Safety: Indiana, Tulane, Rice

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Accepted.com wrote:
smoothnavigator wrote:
Thanks Linda ,

1) Schools where my admission will be most challenging, (Probability of 0.4 or less)

2) Schools where my application will be considered competitive. ( Probability between 0.4 and 0.8)

3) Safe schools where my application is most likely be accepted ( Probability above 0.8)

I understand INSEAD and IMD are good options, but I intend to do MBA from North America as I have lot of family staying there.

1) My core competence is in oil and gas( I have mostly worked on or commanded oil and gas ships) .
3) Worked and interacted with people from at least 40 different nations( all continents included except Alaska). Also traveled to all continents ( except Alaska) for work.
4) Lead teams with people from at least 20 different nations.( though all may not be included at same time)
5) A strong team player,my primary work is to motivate people and get some of the toughest work from them in most challenging conditions.
6) I am among the the first few Indian mariners to work on LNG ships and was instrumental in first successful technology transfer of LNG transportation to leading Indian National company.

Regarding GMAT, Is 700 really short , that even my work experience cannot cover for it ?
My break up is Q 47, V 40 ( Surprising as my quant skills are much better than my verbal skills, but GMAT does have its own ways to surprise you).
Also forgot to mention, during my GMAT there was an earthquake, leading to suspension of GMAT and evacuation from test center. The earthquake surely wasted a couple of minutes of my exam and also caused some extra uncalled stress.

Tks and brgds
Capt. Digvijay Masiwal

Smooth Navigator,

Realize that all the top MBA programs have acceptance rates of under .4 so if you are even competitive at those programs, you probably don't have a .4 percent chance of acceptance. Furthermore, I really don't like to assess odds like that.

However, here I go:

Competitive: Duke, Darden, Michigan Ross, IMD, Cornell Johnson, UCLA Anderson, UT Austin

Best,
Linda

Thanks Linda for all the help and advice. Will keep you posted in case further advice needed ( off course by subscribing your service)

Tks and brgds.
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
smoothnavigator wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
smoothnavigator wrote:
Thanks Linda ,

Tks and brgds
Capt. Digvijay Masiwal

Smooth Navigator,

However, here I go:

Best,
Linda

Thanks Linda for all the help and advice. Will keep you posted in case further advice needed ( off course by subscribing your service)

Tks and brgds.

You're most welcome. We'd be delighted to assist you.
GMAT Club Bot