Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Send PM
Send PM
Re: which US Bschools should i target? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
prateekbhatt wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi i want to know my chances for few good us universities..

10th- 49% (2003)
12th- 60% (2005)
Grad- Bachelor in commerce though distance learning from Tier1 university 43% (2009)
Grad repeated- Bachelor in commerce though distance learning from different Tier3 university 73% (2012)
Diploma in Aviation and hospitality from Edexel university (2010)
Diploma in Theater (2007)
Apart from this a lot of small certificates.

Work Exp- Small family garments business(small botique) So dont think adcom will consider it.
Want to do MBA in finance.

Have not taken Gmat but in mocks getting around 650- 680, i can improve a lot more and target 720.

So as per my profile which colleges should i target, i know my profile is not good neither i am targeting top 20 US Bschools. Kindly guide me.

Can you please answer the questions here.

Thanks,
Linda

1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?

After my schooling (2005)i joined my family garment business.We have a small showroom and we get our products from different states of india through our staff. The business was established in 1995, though its not a large scale but i wish to expand it.

My work profile-

Multiple work profile, it really difficult the content it in words but starting from

cleaning my work station to dealing with clients in terms of showing them our product to coordinating with our agents to get the product on time to working on accounts on daily basis and making a balance sheet quaterly.

But since its a small scale business i am afraid that adcom might not consider it.

2) Your GMAT.

Mocks- 720 ( have not taken it yet)

3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.

Bachelor in commerce through distance learning from university of Delhi Tier1( 43%) completed in 2009.

For this degree it was really difficult the get a good score and the topper of the university got 62%.

Graduation repeated in Bachelor in commerce through distance learning from Tier 3 university 73% & completed in 2012.

Had to repeat it since i was not eligible to take any indian mba entrances, moreover i knew the my earlier scores were not a reflector of my potentials.

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.

Diploma in Aviation and hospitality from Edexel University 2010 (18 months duration).
Diploma in Theater 2007.
Certified First Aider.
Certificate in English from BBC UK.
Certified in Galileo and Fideleo( Programs very known in Aviation and hospitality).

5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.

Though i do have a plan to go for CFA.

6) Your target programs.

MBA in Finance
MS in Finance
MS in Economics

7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.

R1 for Fall 2014.

8) Your post-MBA goal.

Getting a good exposure in international market for around 5 years and then expanding my business and taking it to another level(Have a plan to have chain of big showrooms).

Your high school grades are irrelevant at this point.

Assuming that you score on the GMAT as you believe you will, I suggest you consider MBA programs like Rochester Simon, UNC, Georgetown, UT Austin, Babson, and Zicklin.

Best,
Linda
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Send PM
Kudos

Thanks,
Linda[/quote]

After my schooling (2005)i joined my family garment business.We have a small showroom and we get our products from different states of india through our staff. The business was established in 1995, though its not a large scale but i wish to expand it.

My work profile-

Multiple work profile, it really difficult the content it in words but starting from

cleaning my work station to dealing with clients in terms of showing them our product to coordinating with our agents to get the product on time to working on accounts on daily basis and making a balance sheet quaterly.

But since its a small scale business i am afraid that adcom might not consider it.

2) Your GMAT.

3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.

Bachelor in commerce through distance learning from university of Delhi Tier1( 43%) completed in 2009.

For this degree it was really difficult the get a good score and the topper of the university got 62%.

Graduation repeated in Bachelor in commerce through distance learning from Tier 3 university 73% & completed in 2012.

Had to repeat it since i was not eligible to take any indian mba entrances, moreover i knew the my earlier scores were not a reflector of my potentials.

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.

Diploma in Aviation and hospitality from Edexel University 2010 (18 months duration).
Diploma in Theater 2007.
Certified First Aider.
Certified in Galileo and Fideleo( Programs very known in Aviation and hospitality).

6) Your target programs.

MBA in Finance
MS in Finance
MS in Economics

7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.

R1 for Fall 2014.

8) Your post-MBA goal.

Getting a good exposure in international market for around 5 years and then expanding my business and taking it to another level(Have a plan to have chain of big showrooms).

Your high school grades are irrelevant at this point.[/quote]

Assuming that you score on the GMAT as you believe you will, I suggest you consider MBA programs like Rochester Simon, UNC, Georgetown, UT Austin, Babson, and Zicklin.

Best,
Linda[/quote]

Thanks Linda,

Appreciate your help.
Send PM
Expert Reply
prateekbhatt wrote:

Thanks,
Linda

My work profile-

2) Your GMAT.

Diploma in Theater 2007.
Certified First Aider.

6) Your target programs.

MBA in Finance
MS in Finance
MS in Economics

R1 for Fall 2014.

8) Your post-MBA goal.

Your high school grades are irrelevant at this point.[/quote]

Best,
Linda[/quote]

Thanks Linda,

Appreciate your help.[/quote]

You're welcome!
GMAT Club Bot