Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.88
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
ss84 wrote:
I dont mean to add to the madness that we are all experiencing, HOWEVER.....

I remember reading on another post or blog somewhere that at some point INSEAD released their decisions for some round previously a few days before the LBS decisions came out. The next LBS decisions come out May 16th. That gave me alot of hope that we might hear sooner than later.

Then I lost hope again because interview decisions for LBS' last round come out on May 29th.

I dont even know what Im writing about anymore. I feel like a blind kid feeling around in the dark...

Gabriel's point is prolly the most accurate as I highly doubt that adcom will not take public holidays to deliberate over our files.I signed up for the gym today to go work out this anxiety!

Ha!! I feel like i will have a heart attack. Do you have any other school in your pipeline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
ss84 wrote:
Psiga wrote:
I haven't heard back from interviews but I did get notice that I need to prove my "entry language" by June 1st. I have two native languages - one of which is English. I don't know how to prove the second one though because it says that you need schooling or higher education to prove it - but all my schooling has been in English. "Speaking at home" doesn't qualify as proof. Anyone else have this problem?

Same boat. We should have listed the other language as native and proved english by saying your degree was in english, which I am assuming yours was as well. The process for this language certification is a pain. You need to find a proctor and set a date. Im trying to do mine mid May. You?

Same process for me -- between flying around the country for interviews and now having to write/speak a language test, this is by far the most demanding and expensive application process...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ducksworth wrote:
Update:

Total: 449 (283 F, 166 S)

Lebabon: 9 (8 F, 1 S)
Philippines: 4 (2 F, 2 S)
USA: 52 (36 F, 16 S)

Lucky Duck!! Whats up.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Psiga wrote:
ss84 wrote:
Psiga wrote:
... this is by far the most demanding and expensive application process...

It is great training for what is to come :o
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Whats everyone favorite dish? I hope this helps eliminate the stress from the wait.....ha......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q41 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Interviews done! Def echoing common sentiment of this whole "good cop bad cop" premise. Hoping these next few weeks go quickly...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
piiib111 wrote:
Interviews done! Def echoing common sentiment of this whole "good cop bad cop" premise. Hoping these next few weeks go quickly...

For some reason i didnt feel the same way...........what kind of questions did you get for the bad cop.........?? Where in the US are you?? All the best......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fafelu1 wrote:
piiib111 wrote:

For some reason i didnt feel the same way...........what kind of questions did you get for the bad cop.........?? Where in the US are you?? All the best......

Just the contrasting approaches -- First was an informal dinner with a recent alumnus discussing our lives while drinking beers (not to mention he picked up the tab). Second was with a senior manager of a startup, who seemed to be much more interested in my poise, scrutinizing my CV and playing more of a devil's advocate role..

im in DC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I did NOT have the bad cop/good cop experience during Round 2.

However, both my interviewers asked very different questions. The first was much more typical (3 the Why's, long-term goals, my background, etc...). The second one, however, asked me some unusual/tough questions. I hit it off with both of them. I did not feel like one was purposely being the "bad" guy.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:

However, both my interviewers asked very different questions. The first was much more typical (3 the Why's, long-term goals, my background, etc...). The second one, however, asked me some unusual/tough questions. I hit it off with both of them. I did not feel like one was purposely being the "bad" guy.

Did you get in??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just the contrasting approaches -- First was an informal dinner with a recent alumnus discussing our lives while drinking beers (not to mention he picked up the tab). Second was with a senior manager of a startup, who seemed to be much more interested in my poise, scrutinizing my CV and playing more of a devil's advocate role..

im in DC.[/quote]

Oh nice DC is awesome. Come to think of it. I did have a good cop and bad cop. My second was the good cop i guess and we meet for breakfast he also flipped the bill. Great guy and very successful. He is a BOD and he is in his late 30s. First would be a bad cop i guess, we meet at his work place for a little over an hour. Some hard question. Hardest question he asked was, how i would transit from my past experience and MBA from INSEAD to achieve my short term goal.....i was like wow dude...... I hope i nailed it.

What was the hardest question you got in your bad cop experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:

Maybe the "good cop bad cop" is a poor way to label the approach -- it's clear that the two interviews are designed to filter, 1) poor fits for the class (socially - hense the laid back coffees/dinners) 2) weak candidates for future jobs (and the more intense, pressure-oriented interview process that accompanies them).

and quite frankly, I think it's pretty smart -- especially given that they only have 1 year to "mold" a student
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
fafelu1 wrote:

im in DC.
What was the hardest question you got in your bad cop experience?[/quote]

I realize this isnt directed at me but im going to pitch in anyways. Mine went down a whole series of questions about company ethics and ethical theory - and this was an oil and gas executive so I had to tread carefully....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Psiga wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:

im in DC.

I realize this isnt directed at me but im going to pitch in anyways. Mine went down a whole series of questions about company ethics and ethical theory - and this was an oil and gas executive so I had to tread carefully....[/quote]

Thanks for sharing i was actually going to pose the question to everyone on the board.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fafelu1 wrote:
Psiga wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:

im in DC.

I realize this isnt directed at me but im going to pitch in anyways. Mine went down a whole series of questions about company ethics and ethical theory - and this was an oil and gas executive so I had to tread carefully....

Thanks for sharing i was actually going to pose the question to everyone on the board.[/quote]

It wasn't the difficultly of the questions for me, more the persistence with follow up questions, and really the lack of belief/recognition in my answers (or so it seemed). Whereas the "good cop" would tend to agree with my answers and follow up with his own experiences, the "bad cop" would either find a rebuttal, or ask how I had improved what I had discussed in future scenarios, or how I thought INSEAD would help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for sharing i was actually going to pose the question to everyone on the board.[/quote]

It wasn't the difficultly of the questions for me, more the persistence with follow up questions, and really the lack of belief/recognition in my answers (or so it seemed). Whereas the "good cop" would tend to agree with my answers and follow up with his own experiences, the "bad cop" would either find a rebuttal, or ask how I had improved what I had discussed in future scenarios, or how I thought INSEAD would help.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing.....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
fafelu1 wrote:
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:

Did you get in??

Yes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts