Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Simon (U of Rochester) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
dynabyte,
Here's what a previous interview looked like:
The interview went nearly 30 minutes and questions asked were: walk through resume, why mba, what career goals do you have,why did you choose the Simon school, do you have any experience working or managing a team, and can you provide leadership examples.

Best of luck for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MarketingProf wrote:
dynabyte,
Here's what a previous interview looked like:
The interview went nearly 30 minutes and questions asked were: walk through resume, why mba, what career goals do you have,why did you choose the Simon school, do you have any experience working or managing a team, and can you provide leadership examples.

Best of luck for the interview.

@Marketing prfo, I was interviewed by Rebekah Lewin 3 days back. I have requested them to release the decision early because I have got admission from Weatherhead with a decent amount of scholarhsip. Rebekah Lewin told me that she will consider the situation. What do you think? how many days they will take to decide?

Rebekah has also asked me regarding my international exposure(visit to other countries). I do not have that kind of exposure, thouh I have worked with International team. Is this a negative think which can let them think not to decide my profile?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi arujuit

About your questions, please see below my opinion:

---- What do you think? how many days they will take to decide?

I don't think that admissions will take long to decide if you asked for a quicker response, but as all schools, they will be busy with a large number of applications; however, I suggest that, if the deadline for the other school does get very close and you still don't have a response from Simon, you should reach out again and politely state that you would need to decide; you definitely don't want to decide with having all the opportunities in.

---- Rebekah has also asked me regarding my international exposure(visit to other countries). I do not have that kind of exposure, thouh I have worked with International team. Is this a negative think which can let them think not to decide my profile?

If you have worked with an international team, I think that can be a good replacement for international exposure; I don't think it would prevent them from making a decision regarding your profile.

I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Hi Guys, I just interviewed yesterday.
My interview lasted for 30 minutes. I think my interview was average. Does anyone know how important the interview is for the final decision? (percentage maybe)
And it seems like the scholarship weekend was passed. Does anyone know this school offer any kind of assistantship?
Thanks a lot!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MarketingProf wrote:
hi arujuit

About your questions, please see below my opinion:

---- What do you think? how many days they will take to decide?

I don't think that admissions will take long to decide if you asked for a quicker response, but as all schools, they will be busy with a large number of applications; however, I suggest that, if the deadline for the other school does get very close and you still don't have a response from Simon, you should reach out again and politely state that you would need to decide; you definitely don't want to decide with having all the opportunities in.

---- Rebekah has also asked me regarding my international exposure(visit to other countries). I do not have that kind of exposure, thouh I have worked with International team. Is this a negative think which can let them think not to decide my profile?

2If you have worked with an international team, I think that can be a good replacement for international exposure; I don't think it would prevent them from making a decision regarding your profile.

I hope this helps.

@MarketingProf, thank you for the response. I have just got an offer from Simon with 40 percent schol. May you please tell me whether non cosigner loan is available for International Students with no credit history in USA? I knew that this option is available, but now it is not clear to me. DO u have any idea? Thankx and Regards, Arusharka
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congratulations Arusharka!!! I'll try to get an answer in the next couple of days.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@arujuit: found an answer for you from the Director of Admissions at the Simon School:

"Similar to the past few years, we expect to offer the International Student Loan Program (no co-signer required) but are awaiting a finalized contract with details as to the specifics for the program. Feel free to direct the student to me and I can help with when/where we will be giving updates on this."

Feel free to reach out to the Admissions Director Rebekah Lewin.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MarketingProf wrote:
@arujuit: found an answer for you from the Director of Admissions at the Simon School:

"Similar to the past few years, we expect to offer the International Student Loan Program (no co-signer required) but are awaiting a finalized contract with details as to the specifics for the program. Feel free to direct the student to me and I can help with when/where we will be giving updates on this."

Feel free to reach out to the Admissions Director Rebekah Lewin.

@MarketingProf, Thank you for your support. I have also mailed Andrew Brayda from Simon regarding the same query. I have got an answer from him-
"Dear Arusharka,

Thank you for your note, and congratulations again on your admission to Simon. We look forward to welcoming you to Simon this fall. I hope this email is thorough and speaks to both your question and possibly some additional concerns that may arise.

In terms of non-cosigner loans for International Students, we have traditionally offered an International Student Loan Program (ISLP) which did not require international students to have a US co-signer. We are currently in talks negotiating another ISLP for this upcoming academic year (2013-2014). Step One, approval by the University’s CFO, has been completed and therefore we are proceeding with Step Two which involves getting the legal documentation in order. Considering the fact that our ISLP for 2012-2013 wasn’t signed until June, we expect another lengthy process this year. We are always cautiously optimistic – but it’s never a guarantee. The School has a limited budget set aside for ISLP and will do our best to provide some level of support to as many applicants as possible. However, we strongly encourage students to identify alternative resources simultaneously, in the event that we are unable to fully fund the ISLP request. Once we have any information, we will notify all students so you can plan accordingly. Please note that the formula for determining ISLP is: tuition minus scholarship = ISLP amount you can request. You will not be able to request funds beyond this calculation to cover living expenses, etc.

Additionally, ISLP funds cannot be used to prove funding for your MBA on the I-20 as the loan will not be finalized in time before you will need to complete your visa documentation – but will be available for your first bill. Proof of funding can come from a combination of your personal savings, as well as family/sponsor support. We have recommended to students in similar situations to consider asking family or friends to collectively gather the amount necessary to prove funding for your year of schooling. While you may not actually use this money to pay your tuition bill in the fall, it will at least provide you on paper with a snap shot of the financial proof needed to obtain your I-20 documentation. If you choose to show proof of support from a relative, friend or other sponsor, you must show evidence that they intend to support your education at the University of Rochester. In addition to their bank statement showing available funds, they must provide a brief statement indicating their relationship to you and explaining that the documented funding is available for your studies.

I hope this is helpful, Arusharka. Please feel free to follow-up with any additional questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Andrew"

As June is not far away, is it possible for me to wait till the start of June and let my visa get stamped after the confirmation? Please let me know what is your idea... Its very urgent for me. It is really difficult for me to arrange the rest of the tuition fee...

Thanks and Regards, Arusharka
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@Arusharka In this case, I am not completely sure about the best timing or if it is good to wait until June for the visa stamp...maybe ask that additional question to Andrew Brayda? He seems like the expert here. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Admitted into the 2014 Winter Program at Simon with a 35% tuition scholarship.. :)

Any other admitted candidates considering the same program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM