Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
Ha, dont worry, I'm here lurking away. Good luck all, luckily I'm keeping myself super busy this week. Woo hooo, this week is finally here!

I have a very slow week at work, and to make matters worst, my boss is taking our team for fishing on Friday - it could turn out to be an exciting/depressing day.

We'll get through it either way. Hopefully your work culture is fishing friday = drinking too many beers on a boat... because either way, you'll need a few.

Also, keep in mind, staying on the WL past R3 deadline isn't a bad thing, many people get off of it during the summer. The only bad thing that could happen for you this week is a ding, and I don't think that's very likely.

I purposely filled all of my week nights this week, I just couldn’t take another decision day sitting at home doubting everything... I suggest you try to do the same, this process is too brutal to just wait around for.
Director
Director
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:

We'll get through it either way. Hopefully your work culture is fishing friday = drinking too many beers on a boat... because either way, you'll need a few.

Also, keep in mind, staying on the WL past R3 deadline isn't a bad thing, many people get off of it during the summer. The only bad thing that could happen for you this week is a ding, and I don't think that's very likely.

I purposely filled all of my week nights this week, I just couldn’t take another decision day sitting at home doubting everything... I suggest you try to do the same, this process is too brutal to just wait around for.

Yeah, WL past R3 deadline might not be a bad thing, but I want to take a month off and travel to Europe - it can only happen if I were to get into a b-school and leave my job. Hopefully you do hear back this week, so you don't make significant progress towards your movement to Ithaca. Not sure if it's just me, but lot of people on this forum who got into Duke, matriculated somewhere else; we will know never know about the non-GCers, but hopefully GC is representative of the overall pool.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Yeah, WL past R3 deadline might not be a bad thing, but I want to take a month off and travel to Europe - it can only happen if I were to get into a b-school and leave my job. Hopefully you do hear back this week, so you don't make significant progress towards your movement to Ithaca. Not sure if it's just me, but lot of people on this forum who got into Duke, matriculated somewhere else; we will know never know about the non-GCers, but hopefully GC is representative of the overall pool.

I not only need an admit, I need some some $. Hopefully no one who was extended schollies, accepted. One can wish, right?
Director
Director
Send PM
eyjose wrote:

I not only need an admit, I need some some $. Hopefully no one who was extended schollies, accepted. One can wish, right?

haha, I am hoping for $ too, but never heard anyone getting $ after a waitlist. They usually distribute the money to applicants who got accepted in earlier rounds. What are your other options?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
eyjose wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

You can definitely wish (isn't that what the waitlist is all about?) :) However, like hailmary, I've never heard of someone getting $$ being admitted off the WL.

I'll be here lurking with you guys this week. Am really hoping for a final decision Friday so I can just know where I'll be come August.
Director
Director
Send PM
PDX105 wrote:

I'll be here lurking with you guys this week. Am really hoping for a final decision Friday so I can just know where I'll be come August.

Good Luck. I think we shall be hearing good news this week. How is the Ross WL progress coming along? I have heard that its relatively easier to get off of Ross WL.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:

Good Luck. I think we shall be hearing good news this week. How is the Ross WL progress coming along? I have heard that its relatively easier to get off of Ross WL.

It's a bit more structured (google group, word-limit and strict rules on what you can provide in your update, etc.). I haven't interviewed for Ross, so I'm not as plugged into the process. At this stage, it's unlikely and my focus is with Duke.
Director
Director
Send PM
PDX105 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:

It's a bit more structured (google group, word-limit and strict rules on what you can provide in your update, etc.). I haven't interviewed for Ross, so I'm not as plugged into the process. At this stage, it's unlikely and my focus is with Duke.

Yeah, I love the fact that Duke allows you to send anything - I surely took advantage of it. If (god forbids) Kelley is your last option, are you going to go there or reapply next year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah. I only applied to programs I would actually want to go to; Fuqua is just my #1 choice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
eyjose wrote:

haha, I am hoping for $ too, but never heard anyone getting $ after a waitlist. They usually distribute the money to applicants who got accepted in earlier rounds. What are your other options?

I'm already in at Darden and Johnson. If they give me $, I will go there instead.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:

I heard of Ross giving schollies to WL..... It can happen!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
eyjose wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
eyjose wrote:

I'm already in at Darden and Johnson. If they give me $, I will go there instead.

Nice! Which way are you leaning between Darden and Johnson?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Duke '15 (WL)
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.46
WE:Accounting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

I'm in the same spot, hailmary. I'm trying to plan a month long Europe trip as well and this whole waitlist thing is making that difficult... I'm just hoping for some (positive!) closure this week so I can finally plan something.

On another note, what have you fellow WLers been doing on the housing front? Will there be enough of us getting admitted this late in the game to be able to find housing and roomates? Am I falling behind on this given that I haven't researched it much yet? I figured I need a decision from AdCom before proceeding.
Director
Director
Send PM
fuquaORbust1 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

I'm in the same spot, hailmary. I'm trying to plan a month long Europe trip as well and this whole waitlist thing is making that difficult... I'm just hoping for some (positive!) closure this week so I can finally plan something.

On another note, what have you fellow WLers been doing on the housing front? Will there be enough of us getting admitted this late in the game to be able to find housing and roomates? Am I falling behind on this given that I haven't researched it much yet? I figured I need a decision from AdCom before proceeding.

I put my name down on the waitlist for a station 9 apartment (2BR), a while back. Last time I checked with them, I had an excellent chance of getting it. I don't have a roommate though, so I would need to find one off the waitlist :).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I don't check this forum for a day and suddenly there is so much activity!

Yeah.. I've been hoping for some updates as well... I REALLY hope we hear something this week both for 1) closure and 2) so that we can move on with all of our planning!

I haven't done any planning re logistics for moving to Durham (roommate, housing, etc) I figure that I should probably know where I'm going first, prior to making all these other plans/commitments. I figure its a student/college town, so, there's gotta be a lot of moving parts involved.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
I'm loving all the action! On Sunday I took a look at last year's waitlist thread and freaked out that at least a few WL people on the forum got the ding at 3rd round. I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't happen to any of us!

Smart move getting yourself on the housing waitlist!

Good luck everyone! Maybe they'll notify people a day ahead of schedule like last round.
Director
Director
Send PM
watersorbet wrote:
I'm loving all the action! On Sunday I took a look at last year's waitlist thread and freaked out that at least a few WL people on the forum got the ding at 3rd round. I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't happen to any of us!

Smart move getting yourself on the housing waitlist!

Good luck everyone! Maybe they'll notify people a day ahead of schedule like last round.

I'd be fine with a Ding, I just want an official answer. It's just hard to officially move on with plans when you still have a "maybe" out there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts