Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Dear Ritesh,
Okay I got it. So first of all, all courses that you would want to go to would require a GMAT, so my first advice to you would be to get that out of the way, before you think about what schools you would apply to, because of course, your GMAT score, just last your work history is necessary for you to figure out where you can and should apply.

I wouldn't worry about "Europe" in general, because there are plenty of fantastic jobs there (of course the most important thing, and this is true for the US as much as for Europe is to go to as good a school as possible). Anyhow sticking to the US, you have: Johnson, Kellogg, Katz, Babson, Mendoze, Goizueta, BU and Marshall (there are more, but these are among the better ones). In Australia, you have Hult and Melbourne.You probably will still need to work a few more years before you apply to make this make sense though.

For all of them you will need to take the GMAT.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi
thanks for help.
I just need a littile help more from you. Could you please suggest me some good universities that offer MS in statistics which is reachable by me as per my profile. The only concern i have is i need the course with the duration around 1 year.
Thanks

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Your best place to start is here: https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... s-rankings

Some of these programs you can complete in one year, and some work on a credit basis (meaning you can complete them in one year, if you take extra courses, even though the program is designed to be finished in two). Best would be if you contacted the relevant schools so see if that is in order.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a doubt whether one year program is recognized for job as same as the 2 years or not in US?
And what are the job related scenarios for Statistics degree holders?
How difficult to find a job for
international students ?

Please help .

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well, the advantage of two years is that you have a lot more time to look for a job and build connections, plus you have the summer between year one and year two to get an internship, impress people and get hired. How hard it is to get a job for foreigners, depends on too many factors: How you performed, where you come from, what industry you are in, what school you go to, what region you are in, etc. etc. etc.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts