Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Big dream/Poor profile [#permalink]
VeritasPrepCJane wrote:
If this is really your dream then you need to start at a different spot.

1- Step one:  Enroll in another college program where you can show your aptitude.  Either a one year Masters somewhere or another Undergrad degree that is not distance learning- make sure the institution is fully accredited at the Ivy Leagues.  Now, Ace these courses, show that you can achieve A's.

Definitely will make a serious thought on this.

2- Step two:  Do something phenomenal.  Lead something, change the world,  be a leader, and innovator, and someone that takes initiative in life.  Volunteer at a local charity(s) of your liking and create something there that shows your skill set as a leader.

I have been doing this for years. Be it aids awareness, right to vote , child marriage etc only the difference is i dont have this on paper.

3-  Step three:  Along the way cultivate some amazing people to write amazing recommendations for you.  The kind that state that you are exceptional.
Alright

4-  Step four:  Get 3+ years of work experience that is applicable to an MBA.  YOur street performances will enhance this relevant experience.  Better yet, be a business leader in the street performance arena, this shows consistency.  Start an organization,?...

Now this is what i need an mba for i want to start an organization and want to take it as a business.

5-  Step five:  ANswer "Why do you want an MBA?"  "Why now?"  "Why at each specific Ivy Leagues school X?"

I would like to start a production company and a Theater group basically who can work for Social cause(NGO), it will be more of taking government projects.

MBA will add a value in my resume moreover it will give me an exposure to the international market to get connected with right network.

Secondly as far as the diversity in the class is concern i will be the right candidate almost all the students will learn from me.For example i am very extrovert, expressive , how to attract people who are walking on road etc. Most importantly i have worked for many social causes just to make people more aware and attentive without any money.

Finally yes i want to do mba to earn money because a project wont just work on willingness it would need money.\\

And yes i understand ivey would be difficult, i am open to quality programs and not just ivey.

6-  Now take your GMAT and achieve that 720+.

Wont settle for anything less than that.

Anyone who wants an Ivy League MBA has to be exceptional.  If you want it, prove you are exceptional and go get it!

Thank you

Best of luck.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Most excellent, you are on your way! Check back in as things progress. You would also benefit from using an Admission Consultant down the road.

Best-
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepCJane wrote:
Most excellent, you are on your way! Check back in as things progress. You would also benefit from using an Admission Consultant down the road.

Best-

Thanks

Can you please suggest some schools based on this profile and a targeted gmat 720.
GMAT Club Bot