Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Interested in an evaluation of my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
mokura wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
mokura wrote:
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I am a technical sales engineer working for the biggest telecom equipment/service provider in the world (swedish company). I travel about 85% of the year in order to help evaluate new projects and support existing ones. I have traveled to more than 50 countries in my current role.

My background is Iraqi/Canadian and I am fluent in 3 languages, and a beginner in another.

2) Your GMAT.
670 (Q44/V37)

3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.

Concordia University (Montreal, Canada)
Computer Engineering, Hardware Option (with distinction)
GPA: 3.63/4.3 (A-)
Graduated in 2006

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Part of the Concordia Institute for Aerospace Design and Innovation: Basically similar to a co-op program for Aerospace students.
Volunteering activities in Guatemala (swimming instructor)

5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
PMP - project management professional

6) Your target programs.
IMD, INSEAD, Stanford, Harvard

Do I have a shot at these?

7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
INSEAD and IMD - R3 ... I would ideally like to enter the program this coming January

8) Your post-MBA goal.
Working in management consulting focused on telecom/tech/IT industry

Thank you!!

You have a competitive profile for IMD, but INSEAD, Stanford and Harvard are stretches and unlikely acceptances. You need to aim more at programs with lower average GMAT scores at matriculation, or to improve your GMAT score significantly.

Best,
Linda

Hi Linda,

For INSEAD, do you not think that the engineering background with the high GPA offset the slightly lower GMAT? The 80% range at INSEAD is 650-750 from what I understand.

I would assume that a very international career would be a big plus.

Thanks,
//M

Mokura,

You are correct that your international background is a big plus, actually at all three programs. And one would think that your engineering education and work would show quant aptitude. Certainly, if you get in, that would be the logic. However, given the competition at both schools, I still think they are a stretch.

My understanding for INSEAD is that it looks at both the verbal and the quant scores separately, more than the overall score. And it wants at least 70%, preferably 75% on each one.

But I hope your logic carries the day and that you can tell me in a few weeks that you got in.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Interested in an evaluation of my profile [#permalink]