Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72884 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink]
aerien wrote:
IMO, NYU is really spearheading a lot in the integrated marketing space, especially in the digital space. They just launched a digital analytics master's degree so even if you're in the MBA program, there are surely lots of opportunities to tap into there as far as classes, faculty, clubs, and like-minded students.

As far as other schools are concerned, as you've seen, most have some sort of a general marketing area. I'd look into course offerings to see what digital-focused classes there are as well as other opportunities to explore the digital space, whether through internships in the summer or during the academic year, research institutes/faculty research associated with the university, etc to see if anything interests you.

I'd also try to figure out what about digital marketing really interests you. If it's the digital side, perhaps you want to look more into tech-focused schools like Haas or Stanford. If it's the general marketing side, look into Kellogg, Ross, or Duke. If it's the analytics side, try your hand at Booth or Sloan. Yes, I've pretty much listed "every" school here, but hope that helps to guide your thinking a bit.

Thanks for this!

Researching more, I've noticed that NYU SCPS has received a lot of backlash from people saying that it's not 'really' NYU. Meaning that do advertisements in subways, etc.

Is NYU SCPS a good school for integrated marketing then?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
quickbrownrox wrote:
aerien wrote:
IMO, NYU is really spearheading a lot in the integrated marketing space, especially in the digital space. They just launched a digital analytics master's degree so even if you're in the MBA program, there are surely lots of opportunities to tap into there as far as classes, faculty, clubs, and like-minded students.

As far as other schools are concerned, as you've seen, most have some sort of a general marketing area. I'd look into course offerings to see what digital-focused classes there are as well as other opportunities to explore the digital space, whether through internships in the summer or during the academic year, research institutes/faculty research associated with the university, etc to see if anything interests you.

I'd also try to figure out what about digital marketing really interests you. If it's the digital side, perhaps you want to look more into tech-focused schools like Haas or Stanford. If it's the general marketing side, look into Kellogg, Ross, or Duke. If it's the analytics side, try your hand at Booth or Sloan. Yes, I've pretty much listed "every" school here, but hope that helps to guide your thinking a bit.

Thanks for this!

Researching more, I've noticed that NYU SCPS has received a lot of backlash from people saying that it's not 'really' NYU. Meaning that do advertisements in subways, etc.

Is NYU SCPS a good school for integrated marketing then?

I don't know much about SCPS specifically but I have heard similar comments (you'd have to ask someone there if those are actually true). The programs I was referring to are all through Stern
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi -

Medill at Northwestern has a masters' program called Integrated Marketing Communications - you can check that out as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sniggykols wrote:
Hi -

Medill at Northwestern has a masters' program called Integrated Marketing Communications - you can check that out as well.

Hi, I actually heard about this as well. Thanks for this!

Would you know any other school that has it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink]
Hi quickbrownrox

Which school did you finally go to, then?
I find myself in a similar situation. Currently looking at - Medill, Quinlan and West Virginia. All 3 offer MS in IMC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Good evening everyone!
I plan to do my masters from US in 2020, particularly aim to pursue my masters from the top b-schools in the field of marketing which focuses more towards marketing/business analytics. While doing my research I got to know about this program (Medill Masters in IMC Full time) being offered by Northwestern University. I really loved their curriculum and the numerous opportunities they provide along side. I need assistance in terms of how can I stand apart from the others when it comes to the application part of it. To give a brief background I am from India and I have done my undegraduation in business administration with above average GPA but with strong extracurriculars and have interned for various MNCs. I am also preparing for the gmat and I plan to give it soon , and I plan to work post my gmat. So can anyone please guide me as to how should I improve my profile and what kind of a target score I should aim for my gmat, or can suggest me with better programs or similar programs like Medill.
Thank you :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts