Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
CONGRATS!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul, what a great idea! It would be great to meet you! I will keep you posted. I might be going to Fontainebleau in the last week of september to look into housing etc. I will let you know once its confirmed. What are you doing in Paris? Having some fun before you join LBS?

Praet, thanks for the wishes. I will definitely try to stay more involved. I moved to Germany recently and am still trying to settle down here and now I have another move creeping up on me. On top of that my German classes are killing me :?

Hjort, thanks. You were very helpful during my application process by answering all my questions!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am now back to London for class start. I was in Paris to spend some time with family and indeed you are right, to have some fun before school starts. I have been in London since the beginning of September, finally found a place to stay and then went to Paris for vacation. I visited INSEAD in march of 2003 but to visit it with someone I actually know from there will be even better. I believe there is a train that gets me from Paris to fontainebleau directly so I will certainly drop by if I do go to France this winter. We'll keep in touch for that. Also let me know if you decide to visit London!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Gayathri

Congrats for the Admit...

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/mb ... nani/9.htm

After reading MBA Journal by an Insead Alumni, i get the Opinion that 10 Months is too short for an MBA and Insead may not be a good choice for Career change ( Although Insead recruitment statistics show 73% made a career change )

As you have already weighed the pros and cons....Could you please share your thoughts..on.. why Insead was your choice

Cheers
Ozie
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul, I will keep you posted on how things go on my end. Hope you had a great time in Paris. I will be going to Fonty to do some house hunting and hopefully spend some time in Paris as well.

How long is your LBS program? If I plan on going to London sometime, I will definitely let you know! It would be great to visit the city with someone who knows the place... :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Ozie,

The only business school that I applied to was INSEAD and it was a combinaion of personal & value decision. My husband & I moved to Germany in July and I did not want to apply to any US schools due to the distance.

The fact that it was a 10month program was a major + for me. I am really not planning on a career change. My academic background is engineering but my professional background is in Marketing & Management. A 10month program also meant less financial burden and also less time away from my spouse. My long term interests are in VC and in Europe INSEAD seems to have a very good alumni network base in the VC segment based on the conversations with both my alumni interviewers and other alumni I have talked to.

Forgot to add that being a Jan intake helps as it gives me a two month break to potentially look for short term internship opportunity. This is not available for the Aug intake. Also, I am quite interested in their campus exhange program with Wharton and the Singapore campus.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Gayathri,
Nice to know that you made it INSEAD. Congrats for that and ya those were some compelling reasons to join INSEAD. Wish you luck in your future endeavors. Keep us posted.

-- Vivek.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That was a Perfect Decision...

All the best for your B-school Journey..

Cheers
Ozie..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great Gayathri. INSEAD is great. Hearty Congrats. Very Happy for you.

I am doing well at Purdue. I got half time grad assistanship and some cash scholarship and now have a full ride. Its very competitive here (and I would expect the same in all schools) surprisingly the standard deviation in every course is just 1. I think all are doing well. Its very enjoyable learning new skills and tools and an MBA is all worth it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the wishes Vivek and Ozzie!

Venksune, glad to hear that you having a great time at Purdue and congratulations on the scholarship!
I am quite excited as well. I have been talking to some of the alumni here & they have been extremely friendly. Its been good so far and I hope the trend will continue :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That is wonderful Congrats! :) How do you like Germany compared to Austin?

Good luck for everything. Keep in touch
:musband
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Praveen! How are you doing? Have you app'd yet? What schools are you targeting? Goodluck!

I dont know about rest of Germany, but Munich, were I live rt now is great! It is so close to German alps and there are some beautiful lakes around here as well. People seem nice too. The biggest problem is the language, but I am learning German rt now, so hopefully it will get better. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gayathri,
I got admission to Univ Chicago GSB. Classes start from t'rrow. Orientation was nice. They have already scared us enough with the work load.

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17389
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, Congratulations! That's wonderful news Praveen! :done
Now, :gl with school...

Sorry, I missed out on it earlier. But hey, better late than never :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
gayathri....congrats...wow...what a pleasent surprise to see an ol timer...I am applying to INSEAD as well....hope to see you there next sept...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Gayathri !!

Hope we will meet there... I am a R3 Insead applicant for next january intake and waiting for admission findings for a couple of weeks...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Fresinha! Thanks for the wishes and goodluck with the app. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Twixt! Wouldnt that be great. My fingers crossed, I will look forward to seeing you there. Have you already had your interviews? I just got back from Fonty yesterday. Was there to look for housing etc.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2