Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
The business school is AACSB accredited. Like the website says, the Finance masters programs were ranked #11 by Global Derivativies which places IIT ahead of Purdue, Georgia Tech, UIUC, and USC. Of course, I would look at the rankings to see if the ranking system is relevant to you.

Unfortunately I do not have much data on the competitiveness of its graduates. I have come in contact with a few graduates of the MS programs but not enough to form a meaningful portrait of the competitiveness of the school.

What other schools are you looking at?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you! I have looked for this kind of program for two weeks.... but nothing! My major in undergraduate ins't finance or anything related and have no work experiences. So the quantitive finance and FE are not right for me! The curriculum in Stuart seems best for me! And the location of it is good--- in downtown Chicago! I think the location is very important ... for the intership and replacement after graduation. Do you agree with me? Or it's just a myth?

I am looking at UIUC MSF program, but the campus is too far away from Chicago.
Should I overlook the ranking( for the B-school) and choose a school according to its location? I need your help ! Thank you!

Thank you for your list of some MSF programs! I am now looking at the program in Princetoin and contemplating the location of the
university....Exactly how far is Princeton to NY? Still care about the location! :oops:

May I ask what AACSB is ?

I am sorry for all the troubles!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
As I recall, Princeton is roughly 45 miles from New York. I have included a link to a train schedule- you might find it useful.

https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0070.pdf

AACSB is one of the major accrediting organizations for business schools worldwide.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Has anyone heard of Stuart GSB? [#permalink]
I'm seeking for this information
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Has anyone heard of Stuart GSB? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts