Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32876 [442]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Manager
Manager
Status:Having fun Growing Mental Agility & Toughness (GMAT) ^_^
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [5]
Given Kudos: 315
Mantra: "There is a will, there is a way."
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32876 [1]
Send PM
Re: MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos [#permalink]
Kudos
koolrash2002 wrote:
@carcass- i really appreciate your effort, but i am still not sure about which way to go about, about downloading(may be because it's too much data- 23.57 GB to be precise).
And that's why i want to be sure about the end result and the process before proceeding. :shock:
So let me just put it straight- do we have to download each one of 11 files(i.e. .z01- .z11), each 2 GB+ the .zip file(1.57 GB), after downloading all the 12 files, double click on the zip folder, n everything will fall into place( now here is the confusing part for me, i mean after downloading all the 12 files, do we have to add the 11 files first, then extract or first extract, then add all the files).I hope i am not further confusing the matter but the thing is i am still confused(and i think a lot of people are like me still), that's why i am raking the issue! :roll: :roll:
So, let me put in one sentence- is it like this thing's only gonna work if we download all the 12 files, even if one file is missing, this is not gonna work?
Now, i will tell u what i have done till now- first i downloaded one file- .z05, tried to open it- but to no avail as the extension is .z05, not opening in any player.
Then i downloaded the .zip folder, double clicked it, some extraction took place, but still unable to open .z05, so i reiterate my point, will i be able to open them if i download the rest of the 10 files(.z01-.z04 and .z06-.z11).
You know i am deliberating and going so deep because i am tentative/apprehensive what if after downloading 23.57 GB of sheer data, i come out with nothing because i didn't followed the required/stated procedure.
BTW, i am proceeding ahead with the remaining downloads, but plz guide me carcass in the meanwhile!!

Thanks and regards,
Rashid Hussain

I would not be smatterer but one one hand people meet a lot of problems with these files, one the other hand I really do not know why. I mean: guys these are basic computer skills.

Whenever you have a folder (it does not matter how much it is large: 10 mb or 200 GB) and you compress it and split into two files, you must click or the root folder to rejoin and have the starting folder. if you download one part and try to extract, then is normal you get an error, because they are concatenated togheter. It is a dangling zip part.

That say, in my first post there is a screeshot in which is well explained how to do, and it is simple like drinking a glass of water.

Download ALL 12 parts, we say on your desktop folder or whenever you wanna. Then click on the the last one: that of 1.57 GB; this one is the ROOT folder and has not the extention z01, z02 and so on. In this way you have ALL videos. BTW: this is the way how is conceive and work the ZIP protocol.

But do not worry: I am restructuring the entir archive, dividing it in to folder such as 2012,2013 and so on with all videos inside, so you can download only the video of interest.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
@carcass- thanks carcass 4 such a prompt reply, i really appreciate it!
now i think it's crystal clear as a glass of refined water even for a dumbass like me!! :P
But i sincerely think now dis explanation of your's is gonna help a lot of dumbasses like me!!
BTW, i wud like to share a thing wid u what problem may be faced by a lot of persons worldwide who have slow/broken/sporadic/intermittent internet connections like me!
Even though i have a 5 Mbps broadpband plan(which is quite decent as per my country's India standards), but d problem which is faced by a majority of people in india is the flow of data or network is not constant. Every now and then, the network will go off for a minute, two or sometimes 10, 15, 30 minutes etc.
So while i am trying to download the 12 files one by one, what happens is after may be 1GB or 1.5 GB of data has been downloaded, but then my internet connection goes off for 5 minutes, then the 1GB or 1.5 GB data also vanishes completely due to break in transmission of internet supply( totally my ISP fault, nothing to do with u), but it's so annoying i can't tell u in words.
Take my example, till now i have downloaded 4 files out of 12, but i had to try like 7-8 times for the same, i mean my 3-4 attempts came out with nothing even after downloading may be 1- sometimes almost 2 GB. Also, one has to constantly keep a tab whether the download is goin on smoothly or has terminated, u can't just do something in the meanwhile which demands attention, i specifically mean studies!
So a suggestion crops up here, if d files are on torrent(if it's possible), then we(i concur there r a awful lot of people who u would concur wid me here) wudn't hv to face the problem as one can resume in torrent from where one left, i mean d amount of data u hv already downloaded via torrent doesn't vanish if your internet connection goes off while in cloud computing i think it's not possible, at least in microsoft one drive!!
Anyways i again thank a zillion to your time & effort

Regards,
Rashid Hussain
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Your suggestion really fits the case. However, before to upload the files on onedrive that for several reason is the best option out there: first of all rarely if never you will meet a problem such as: the drive is off, or in maintenance with Microsoft. Secondly, and more important, the connection is fast and stable. Unfortunately is your country that has such internet problem.

That say, I have already evaluated with the gmatclub team all the viable options:

• FTP protocol is cumbersome a bit to set up, both in its configuration and usability.
  • Torrent is not possible because to share a file you need seeders and I have serious doubts that people keep up the file in sharing
  • Sharing directly the folder from my PC is impossible for security reasons, of course.

Do not worry: I am uploading all the videos singularly. So ypu can choose the video you need to study about and the size is no more than 200mb the best quality available.

regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
@carcass- finally i was able to download all 12 files.
yes i did it, i did it, i did it!!
was relentlessly trying 4 d last 3 days! finally!!
Even though .z11 took 5-6 attempts.
BTW, i wud like to share some points:
after extracting as explained by you(double clicking the zip folder), cud only get 59 files in total(19.6 GB) as i got some error message as following:

1- C:\Users\koolrash\Downloads\MGMAT_Study_Hall_Thursdays_with_Ron_Verbal_Videos.z02: Checksum error in MGMAT_Study_Hall_Thursdays_with_Ron_Verbal_Videos\119 - Thursdays with Ron- March 26 2015-Sentence Correction The use of And.mp4. The file is corrupt
! There is not enough space on the disk.

2- Write error in the file MGMAT_Study_Hall_Thursdays_with_Ron_Verbal_Videos\79 - Thursdays with Ron - May 2, 2013_Prompt contains blank.avi. Probably the disk is full

I don't know what dis tells but i just checked my hard disk memory and there is at least 20 Gb free in every drive.
I don't know which 3 files i missed?

But anyways, thanks again a zillion for ur gesture Carcass!

Thanks, regards and i bow my head down to you!
Rashid Hussain
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
koolrash2002 wrote:
@carcass- finally i was able to download all 12 files.
yes i did it, i did it, i did it!!
was relentlessly trying 4 d last 3 days! finally!!
Even though .z11 took 5-6 attempts.
BTW, i wud like to share some points:
after extracting as explained by you(double clicking the zip folder), cud only get 59 files in total(19.6 GB) as i got some error message as following:

1- C:\Users\koolrash\Downloads\MGMAT_Study_Hall_Thursdays_with_Ron_Verbal_Videos.z02: Checksum error in MGMAT_Study_Hall_Thursdays_with_Ron_Verbal_Videos\119 - Thursdays with Ron- March 26 2015-Sentence Correction The use of And.mp4. The file is corrupt

2- Write error in the file MGMAT_Study_Hall_Thursdays_with_Ron_Verbal_Videos\79 - Thursdays with Ron - May 2, 2013_Prompt contains blank.avi. Probably the disk is full

I don't know what dis tells but i just checked my hard disk memory and there is at least 20 Gb free in every drive.
I don't know which 3 files i missed?

But anyways, thanks again a zillion for ur gesture Carcass!

Thanks, regards and i bow my head down to you!
Rashid Hussain

Do not worry about. The folder will not unchanged until all the files are uploaded. Then I delete the old one
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32876 [2]
Send PM
Kudos