Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Don't give up!!!
At least you know your strong and weak points :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Bono,
Well it is good to know strong and weak points ..but main thing is how much improvement can be made on the weak points.Can anybody suggest any CD or tests which is very much in line with actual GMAT tests (Verbal in particular :barbarian )..PP Tests might not be much of the use as I have already done OG and this might result in inflated scores.
Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
tyagas

I think the best way to improve you score in verbal is to take courses on English grammar and style to receive a fundmaental knowledge on the issue.

Also try Grammar Smart: A Guide to Perfect Usage. I've just bought this book so I cannot tell is it good or not but I was advised to buy it :)

Try LSAT materials. They are much harder than GMAT ones and a lot of people from this forum believe they could boost your verbal score. Ask stolyar for a reference.

And the final note: your score are constantly improving. If you keep on studying you'll definitely succeed. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
OK I am thinking of preparing again with stop watch in another hand ..I think it is more of time management and keeping your cool mind and concentration rather than knowing the microlevel nitty gritties of English Grammer..Even though I am not a native speaker so am at slight :roll: disadvantage..But could you tell me where from can I get the harder LSAT Material..Does anybody know about REA publication book for GMAT and Barrons GMAT..Are they worth buying..

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Tyagas,

You might want to get the LSATs test and practice the CR and RC from them. You are right about the stop watch. You want to train your brain to solve the problems quickly. I stopped studing for a week and already realized that my brain is getting slow to recognize the questions again....
hope this helps, when are you taking the test?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I haven't booked it till now..thinking of giving it by oct end...LSAT material from where can I get ..Pls let me know if you know..is there any web site where from I can download the LSAT stuff for free :?: Any more suggestions on improving the speed on verbal will be appreciated...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
A SAMPLE LSAT question paper can be downloaded free from

https://www.lsat.org/LSAC.asp?url=lsac/d ... klists.asp

Does anyone else know about other sources?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
check the link i posted few days back in the following msg:

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2943

It is a huge resource for good CR, RC questions..!

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the site Vicky, but it's in chinese language and am not able to comprehend it..do you know the exact link where I can find all the RC and CR Q's..I have tried to press few links on this site, but it dragged me into further maize of chinese scripts !
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts