Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: thank you Linda [#permalink]
Expert Reply
shilpa shastri wrote:
Linda, you're right! i shouldn't let the rankings take over as the most crucial factor in my decision. anyway i made it to Purdue-Krannert's MBA program too, i received a mail from them today! :-D .
anyway, i will wait for the results of the other schools too, them being Stern, Ross and Sloan! i guess i'll just wait and watch!

anyway, for some one who wants to study Operations management an organization strategy and get into the consulting field, which of the 3 schools (Fisher-OSU, Broad-MSU and Krannert-Purdue) that have already accepted me do you think is the best?

Congratulations!

All are good, but I would say Krannert, then Broad, the Fisher.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UT vs. Purdue [#permalink]
Hello Accepted.com.
I am not sure if you guys can help me.
I have been accepted to both Krannert's full time MBA program and McCombs full time MBA program.
One of the Purdue advantages is that I have received a full scholarship that pretty much will pay off my studies. However, McCombs is not that expensive as I have been admitted as an in-state resident. Regardless of this... tuition is not an issue.
I am trying to choose the best school to go to. (I am still waiting for a response from Kellogg and from Tepper).
My question is.. which MBA program is more recognized and you think is better (regardless of the different rankings posted out there).
I am interested in General Management slightly leaning towards Strategy, Marketing and probably some finance as well.
Please let me know which of these two schools (Krannert or McCombs) you think is better for my interests.

thank you in advance.

John.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UT vs Purdue.. cont... [#permalink]
I forgot to mention... I received my Undergraduate degree in Engineering from Purdue... please add this to the equation of my question :)

thanks,

John..

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:43 pm Post subject: UT vs. Purdue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Accepted.com.
I have been accepted to both Krannert's full time MBA program and McCombs full time MBA program.
One of the Purdue advantages is that I have received a full scholarship that pretty much will pay off my studies. However, McCombs is not that expensive as I have been admitted as an in-state resident. Regardless of this... tuition is not an issue.
I am trying to choose the best school to go to. (I am still waiting for a response from Kellogg and from Tepper).
My question is.. which MBA program is more recognized and you think is better (regardless of the different rankings posted out there).
I am interested in General Management slightly leaning towards Strategy, Marketing and probably some finance as well.
Please let me know which of these two schools (Krannert or McCombs) you think is better for my interests.

thank you in advance.
--------------------------
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Re: UT vs. Purdue [#permalink]
jnaoum wrote:
Hello Accepted.com.

thank you in advance.

John.

John,

Congratulations on having such a wealth of choices. I believe Texas is modestly stronger than Krannert in general management. Here's what Business Week had to say about Texas's general management program a few years ago (copyright McGraw-Hill):

McCombs' stature as a management school is on the rise, as its faculty members are becoming better recognized, publishing more often, and attracting more MBAs to their classrooms. The school's management department offers instruction on topics ranging from organizational behavior to entrepreneurship, strategy, and human resources. The department's strategy professors lean on behavioral disciplines far more than they do econonimcs. So while the bulk of the core strategy course focuses on the formulation of strategy -- which is usually taught with an economics lense -- McCombs MBAs get a good dose of the behavioral perspective.

In the 2003-04 academic year, the department is offering more than 25 elective courses, which will be taught by 23 tenure-track faculty and adjuncts.

Students are required to complete a core course in strategy, as well as one of three "managing people" courses: "Art and Science of Negotiation," "Creating and Managing Human Capital," or "Managing People and Organizations: Consultant's Perspective."

UT Austin students can graduate with a management concentration by completing 15 hours of coursework in the department. Students who wish to specialize, and are willing to take the recommended lineup of courses, can focus on either entrepreneurship or operations management."

Hope this helps,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UT vs. Purdue [#permalink]