Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V32
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Is it worth applying at 26 years old? I honestly think it's the perfect program for me, but 26 seems way under the usual age.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Virgoean wrote:
Yeayy!!!
I got in too (from waitlist). I have Booth admit also. Now tough decision to make . Booth vs Haas. Any suggestions?

I am in Insurance industry but IT role. Want to move to consulting(tech focus probably)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!. From what I know of the consulting industry, you will have the same options at either program. However, if you want strong connections with the silicon valley tech world, Haas will be the clear winner.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ucdboy wrote:
Is it worth applying at 26 years old? I honestly think it's the perfect program for me, but 26 seems way under the usual age.

There will be more people your age and experience level in the full-time program. Although, I imagine if you have strong work experience and a good reason to attend the EW program, then you will stand about the same chances as anybody.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V32
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
jaxndaxt145 wrote:
Virgoean wrote:
Yeayy!!!
I got in too (from waitlist). I have Booth admit also. Now tough decision to make . Booth vs Haas. Any suggestions?

I am in Insurance industry but IT role. Want to move to consulting(tech focus probably)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats!. From what I know of the consulting industry, you will have the same options at either program. However, if you want strong connections with the silicon valley tech world, Haas will be the clear winner.

Thanks, jaxndaxt145
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 530 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
jaxndaxt145 wrote:
82vkgmat wrote:
Congrats everyone who got in! My interview scheduled for March 4th... during interview day.

Can anyone give details about the interview and what it is like? How long is it and what kind of questions? Thanks.

The interview was pretty straight forward and relaxed. It is with one person and lasts 30 mins or so. They ask standard interview questions about your background and future goals. Although, it may be a good idea to review the defining principles in preparation.

Thanks, just saw this response. They have me for full day (with attending a class + lunch + cocktail reception etc.). If the interview is only 30 mins, that would make the whole thing (hopefully) less stressful.
Did anyone go through the 'interview day'? Any experiences/insights?
Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all,

Is anyone here applying for R3 ?
On average after applying how much time does it take to hear back from college ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
Alchemist123 wrote:
Hi all,

Is anyone here applying for R3 ?
On average after applying how much time does it take to hear back from college ?

I submitted my application for R3 yesterday. Keeping my finger's crossed.

Update :
Just got an invite for the Interview and schedule Interview on 3/24 with Britta Narum. I will appreciate any and all inputs about the Interview and Interviewer.

My Profile:
Undergrad GPA : 3.4
GMAT : 730 (Q50,V37)
WE : 9 yrs
Industry : Semiconductor
Function : Engineering
Highest Degree : PhD

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
FYI: wh

Originally posted by curtman118 on 10 Mar 2017, 12:46.
Last edited by curtman118 on 05 Apr 2017, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
curtman118 wrote:
GMAT: 730 (V: 46; Q: 44)
GPA: 3.94
Industry: investment management

Applied R3...invited to interview today. I assume they didn't start looking at applications until the deadline, since they don't have rolling admissions? That implies a pretty quick turnaround, since the deadline was 3/8.

Anyway, I would be grateful if anyone who has interviewed already could provide any insight regarding the type of questions asked during the interview.

Thanks in advance.

They do have a quick turnaround! As far as the interview goes, it was very standard. As clearly as I can remember, here are the questions I was asked (I was interviewed and accepted in R1):

Walk me through your resume?
What are your short and long term goals?
Why an MBA?
Why Haas?
What defining principle most resonates with you?
What will you bring to the community of students around you?
What question do you wish I asked?
What questions do you have for me?

As far as other interview advice goes, wear a suit, don't bring a copy of your resume (they'll have one), and don't bring notes to look at during the interview (they mentioned this in one of their admissions videos). Also, my interview was only about 35 minutes long and there was no clear indication at the end that it, "went well" so I would just be confident and don't try to read too much into things.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Applied for R3 on 8th march. Got the 30 minute interview call on march 10th

My profile:
WE: 11yrs in Semiconductor Industry
GPA: 3.93
GMAT: 670 Q48 V35
Highest Degree: M.S
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 530 [3]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Kudos