Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8809 [2]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: IIMB
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V22
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
GMAT in 10 days!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi, As you have very short time, I would say that don't try anything new.
Keep on reviewing your mistakes in quant, verbal and make sure you don't repeat them in test. In these days, give only GMAT prep mocks where you will get your exact verification and assess them thoroughly.

Review the error list : https://gmatclub.com/forum/730-q49-v41-k ... 11767.html

Go through the gmat software analysis: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-sof ... 46146.html

Solve first 10-15 mins questions with extra care in each section. This will set the range of your score.

All the best for your exam!! hope you will reach much beyond your desired score!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT in 10 days!! [#permalink]
Hi RMD007,
Thanks a lot for your advice and good wishes. Have a great day!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V25
Send PM
Kudos
I would strongly recommend to not try anything new in the next 10 days. You'll make it worst by trying to put new info in the head and GMAT is all about performing for 4 hours with an optimal level of stamina.
What you can really do is starting from today:

Choose 3-4 topics where you need some conceptual clarity and with little effort you'll be able to get those questions right--> next 3-4 days
Revise whatever you have learnt so far. Don't try to memorize much...just relax and make a mental map of things while re-reading them--> uptill one week from now
Eat well, exercise, visualize to performing well, maybe visit the exam centre beforehand if possible, watch a movie. Basically less of exam related stuff and more of routine stuff-->Last 2-3 days

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AndyDufresne wrote:
I would strongly recommend to not try anything new in the next 10 days. You'll make it worst by trying to put new info in the head and GMAT is all about performing for 4 hours with an optimal level of stamina.
What you can really do is starting from today:

Choose 3-4 topics where you need some conceptual clarity and with little effort you'll be able to get those questions right--> next 3-4 days
Revise whatever you have learnt so far. Don't try to memorize much...just relax and make a mental map of things while re-reading them--> uptill one week from now
Eat well, exercise, visualize to performing well, maybe visit the exam centre beforehand if possible, watch a movie. Basically less of exam related stuff and more of routine stuff-->Last 2-3 days

All the best!

Thank you AndyDufresne! That is great advice! It makes sense to be relaxed before the exam and not try to cram in too much. I hope to perform well in the test! Have a great day ahead of you!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Skywalker18 wrote:
Pkaria wrote:
Hello guys. I am appearing for my GMAT test in 10 days. I've given 3-4 practice tests and I am scoring 590 on an average. I am not scoring well in the quant section (Q 39 and V31). Based on my preparation, I have set a realistic goal of 650 for the GMAT. Can someone please advice on what I should do in these 10 days for me to achieve a decent score? How can I structure my study pattern in these 10 days? I plan to give a full length practice test everyday from now till the test day.

Hi Pkaria ,
Since there are 6 GMAT Prep tests

Are there 6 of them ? i thought there are only 2 GMAT prep tests.
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8809 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
uHCWB wrote:
Skywalker18 wrote:
Pkaria wrote:
Hello guys. I am appearing for my GMAT test in 10 days. I've given 3-4 practice tests and I am scoring 590 on an average. I am not scoring well in the quant section (Q 39 and V31). Based on my preparation, I have set a realistic goal of 650 for the GMAT. Can someone please advice on what I should do in these 10 days for me to achieve a decent score? How can I structure my study pattern in these 10 days? I plan to give a full length practice test everyday from now till the test day.

Hi Pkaria ,
Since there are 6 GMAT Prep tests

Are there 6 of them ? i thought there are only 2 GMAT prep tests.

Hi uHCWB ,
Two of GMAT Prep are free and can be downloaded from mba.com . Also , you can purchase exam pack 1 and 2 ; each pack contains 2 tests .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Pkaria wrote:

Have you managed to increase your score?
How was the D-DAY?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I think one can improve something about taking GMAT in 10 days, it is the timing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
uHCWB wrote:
I think one can improve something about taking GMAT in 10 days, it is the timing.

totally agree with you
And AWA, in case one can create and remember AWA template :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LeonidK wrote:
uHCWB wrote:

totally agree with you
And AWA, in case one can create and remember AWA template :)

I thought creating template takes some time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Pkaria wrote:

Doing a practice test everyday would just be an overkill and not that useful. Sure, it would improve your stamina, but you'd be in the same position as the previous day and the scores would not improve by that much as well. Would sugges to take 2-3 test max and then strengthening the basics. All the best for your exam!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pkaria,

If you took the GMAT as scheduled, then it's been a couple of weeks since you took the Test. How did you score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
This is an interesting topic. I personally do not think one should adopt any new method on the final leg of their GMAT Preparation. It may be nice to give a couple of mocks (the official ones) and work on your weaknesses, but trying something new might not work in anyone’s favour. It would really benefit the community if you can share your experiences on the test day and if you can provide some suggestions if you were able to improve your performance on the GMAT. Thanks.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
rohan2345 wrote:
This is an interesting topic. I personally do not think one should adopt any new method on the final leg of their GMAT Preparation. It may be nice to give a couple of mocks (the official ones) and work on your weaknesses, but trying something new might not work in anyone’s favour. It would really benefit the community if you can share your experiences on the test day and if you can provide some suggestions if you were able to improve your performance on the GMAT. Thanks.

I donot believe so.

The person who posted this was able to improve his Quant from Q35-36 to Q42 in his final exam in just 8 days. He never got Q40+ in mocks.

Reason for this: He changed his strategy to solve Quant Questions. Had he changed his strategy atleast a month before, he would have been at Q49+.

Nothing is Impossible my friends :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys!

I appeared for my test and did not manage to score dramatically better as compared to my practice tests. I was not able to achieve my target score due to lack of practice. But as abhimahna pointed out, I was able to get my Quant score up from 35-36 to 42 in a weeks time. If only I had started preparing for the GMAT a little earlier and with a proper plan, I could have scored better in the test. My only advice to people who are in a similar situation is that DO NOT rush to take the GMAT. It is not a test which can be tamed with a month's practice (which is what I tried to do). Practice as many questions as you can, give full length mock tests and keep improving your weak areas. As far as the test day is concerned, relax and have fun. This was a good learning experience for me and I hope to keep improving.

Regards,
Pkaria.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pkaria,

It sounds like you have the proper perspective about your experience - and on how to continue studying. If you're looking for any additional advice/suggestions, then it would help if you could share your Official GMAT Score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores). As an aside, Business Schools really don't care if applicants take the GMAT more than once, so having a lower-than-expected score on this first attempt isn't a big deal.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
At least your attitude is good after the exam.
GMAT Club Bot