Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MIT is a dream school and an outstanding name to put in a resume. Congratulations!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys!! In fact I still can't believe it.. After I got ding from Tuck and Harvard, I am at MIT - my dream school. It was said that MIT looks more for older candidates - I think as a 21yrs old MBA I will be youngest. :lol: ...
Wish you all to get to your drem schools..Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MBA Wolf wrote:
Thanks guys!! In fact I still can't believe it.. After I got ding from Tuck and Harvard, I am at MIT - my dream school. It was said that MIT looks more for older candidates - I think as a 21yrs old MBA I will be youngest. :lol: ...Wish you all to get to your drem schools..Good luck!

21 years old?!!!! :shock: ...doesn't the school require working experience?!! Can you share with us your profile?!! :) Thank you!!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Dude!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Requrie work experience? No. Only recommended. My profile:

GMAT: 750 GPA: 4.0
I am college senior - study Economics at the Department of Applied Mathematics.

Awards: 1) Republic Mathematics Olympiad Champion
2) Honorary Youth award for achievements in Education.
3) Scored the highest poit in the University Entrance Exam(among 55000 participants). Was awarded Presidential Stipend for this achievement.

Some good extracurriculars and leadership experiences.
Worked for 4 month at non-profit, and 3 years part-time at a local company(Financial Assistant)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats, I remember your post saying that unfortunately you were dinged at Tuck. I think being accepted at MIT is really great and I must admit that generally MIT is more famous for taking people with experience rather than young candidates however you have definitely an amazing academic record, definitely outstanding. Did you get an interview with Harvard ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antmavel wrote:
Congrats, I remember your post saying that unfortunately you were dinged at Tuck. I think being accepted at MIT is really great and I must admit that generally MIT is more famous for taking people with experience rather than young candidates however you have definitely an amazing academic record, definitely outstanding. Did you get an interview with Harvard ?

No interview with Harvard. There were some problems with my Harvard applicaton - that I realized later.

At first, my TEOFL score was 613. And harvard discouraged people with score less than 630 from applying. In fact, I tried to explain them that the score didn't show my English knowledge, as testing conditions were bad, and tape reorder didn't work properly(I took Paper-test TOEFL). And that my GMAT score showed how much I improved my English in the 6 months after I took TOEFL. But I think it didn't work. :lol:
Also, as it was first application, and as I spent 10 days on it, it was the worst (I even found some errors in my essays - though after I submitted).
So, I didn't have much hope for it.

But for MIT - everything went very well from the beginning. These weremy best essays( as I had enough experience after Harvard application) and I knew wha I wanted to show. And the interview went very well too - in fact, I thought they only invited me for the interview, only to know whether I really wanted MIT. :lol: ... No Strange questions, No confusing questions. And even Admission Director talked in the way as if I was already admitted.

Maybe I fit MIT more than any other school. (and maybe I didn't fit Harvard :roll: )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Conglads, too na ^-^

I am trying to go to Sloan too...

See you next year

Boonrody
Intern
Intern