Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3129 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hello! I just started my Fisher application today. I also found this blog post from OSU explaining some changes for the Fall 2018 application: https://blog.fisher.osu.edu/2018-application-cycle
It looks like recommendations will now be optional, there will now be a video essay requirement, and one less written essay requirement.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
A

Originally posted by EowynPhoenix on 02 Aug 2017, 05:46.
Last edited by EowynPhoenix on 20 Oct 2017, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Bookmarks
EowynPhoenix wrote:
Hi everyone. I completed my application yesterday, and just thought I'd share my experience with the video interview portion. There are 3 video prompts, which each give you 45 seconds to prepare a response and then 2 minutes to record a response. You cannot redo your response, so you only get 1 chance at each video question. Once you complete all 3 video questions, there is a 4th written question that you get 8 minutes in which to type a response. Hopefully this is helpful to someone, as this is the first year they are including this in the application. Good luck everyone!

I wish you success in your application.

May you share what type of 3 questions you had? What was the 4th question about? it is new to type the answer during video interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Kudos
A

Originally posted by EowynPhoenix on 11 Aug 2017, 06:05.
Last edited by EowynPhoenix on 20 Oct 2017, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
EowynPhoenix wrote:

Sure! I too was surprised at the typed response question, since it was not mentioned in the introductory video provided. The 3 video questions were regarding examples of how I handled conflict in a professional setting, an example of leadership and getting the results desired, and a time when I solved a problem creatively. The written question was about how to handle a situation in which you were asked to do something you felt was immoral. Keep in mind though that they probably rotate questions for different people, so you will probably not get the same exact questions. I prepared for these by looking up some typical interview questions for MBA programs and thinking about what my answers would be and brainstorming good examples of different situations (leadership, innovation, creativity, conflicts, etc) to use if asked, and I felt much more comfortable having done that.

Thanks a lot for sharing info.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I am an admitted student class of 2019, and would love to help incoming students with their queries. Post your questions on the blog, and I would respond as soon as I get time.
P.S. - please avoid sending private messages as I wont entertain them. Simply because, an open question helps other applicants as well.
Best Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello Buckeye 2304

I have given my GMAT . I have scored 700. I am planning to give my Gmat again . I am done with all parts of my applications. Should I submit my application or submit it after I give my gmat again.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nikunjagarwal2050 wrote:
Hello Buckeye 2304

I have given my GMAT . I have scored 700. I am planning to give my Gmat again . I am done with all parts of my applications. Should I submit my application or submit it after I give my gmat again.

Thanks

700 is a pretty decent score for Fisher. I wouldn't recommend another shot at GMAT. You should focus more on essays, video interview and telling your story. Remember, score is just a part of application. Although a better score gives you a good shot at better scholarship. Still 700 suggests that you are good academically. If your mocks show an improvement of atleast 30 points, go for it, otherwise focus on telling a story that's compelling. Also, you have a better chance in Round one. Round 2 can be little tricky for international students. Morever, you can always submit a new score during anytime of the process, even after you have received an admit. So get going with submission and then take GMAT, if you really feel that you can improve.
Hope this helps.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Send PM
Buckeye2304 wrote:

an improvement of atleast 30 points, go for it, otherwise focus on telling a story that's compelling. Also, you have a better chance in Round one. Round 2 can be little tricky for international students. Morever, you can always submit a new score during anytime of the process, even after you have received an admit. So get going with submission and then take GMAT, if you really feel that you can improve.
Hope this helps.

Hi Buckeye2304

Congrats for Fisher.

Can you please what you mean that R2 is tricky for International students.

Have you sent any new GMAT after submitting you application?? I did not find any info about this issue in Fisher's website.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Dear Buckeye2304,

Thanks for helping out. Can you highlight the unique aspects of the Fisher MBA. What attracted you to pursue your MBA at Fisher and how do you rate your experience so far?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:

Hi Buckeye2304

Congrats for Fisher.

Can you please what you mean that R2 is tricky for International students.

Have you sent any new GMAT after submitting you application?? I did not find any info about this issue in Fisher's website.

Thanks

Hi Mo2men,

It's tricky (other might disagree with me) because Fisher or similar MBA programs having a small cohort look for individuals who have varied backgrounds. It might happen that, by the time you apply in R2, someone of similar profile has been accepted into the program. It's always better to be the first one to knock on their door. At the same time, the kitty for scholarship is Full in R1 and keeps on decreasing as you progress through. If you read through the forum, you find a lot of people telling you to apply in R1, and that's true in a sense.
Having said that, you do not need to rush into your application and submit a half baked story.
Actually, I did send my updated GMAT score to school, and most of the schools that I know, accept a score if its better than your previous one. It helps their stats as well as yours. You can drop an email to the school to confirm this.
Regards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
anoopn93 wrote:
Dear Buckeye2304,

Thanks for helping out. Can you highlight the unique aspects of the Fisher MBA. What attracted you to pursue your MBA at Fisher and how do you rate your experience so far?

Thanks!

Hi anoopn93,
Thanks for your question.
The experience has been crazy so far. It's just fantastic. The profs are amazing, the alumni base is generous, and the class is varied in experience. I could go on and on about it.
For me, the single most thing that attracted to me Fisher was 'Make your own major' and a small yet diverse cohort. If I were to list down a unique aspect of Fisher, it's the cohort experience. We are a small family and care for each other in every possible way and we take pride in that.
Hope that helps.
Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.25
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello Buckeye2304

Can you please review my profile for Fisher Full Time MBA. I am from operations background and currently holding an important leadership position in my organization. However my GMAT is quite average.

GMAT - 680 :cry:

College (Graduation)
• College name: Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
• Degree: B. Tech [Mechanical]
• Grades: 8.15/10
• Extracurricular activities: Cricket and Photography
Notable projects undertaken: Generation of Hot Spots in Photovoltaic cell at Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA

Professional Experience
I have worked in three locations of same company. Total Experience ~ 4.5 Years(International Experience - 4 years)
 Polyplex Corporation Limited
 Role- Management Trainee
 Location- Noida India
 Tenure- 6months [June’13-Nov’13]
 Polyplex Europa
 Role- Management Trainee
 Location- Çorlu, Turkey
 Tenure- 6months [Dec’13-May’14]

 Polyplex Thailand Public Company Limited
 Role- Production Analyst (Manager) reporting to General Manager (Head-Operations) and Now working as Process Manager (Production) since May’16
 Location- Rayong, Thailand
 Tenure- 39 months [June’14- Till date]

Professional Experience:-
Job Profile – I am the youngest person in the company to have been hired at the post of Manager in the company’s history of 30+ years.
Polyplex Group is the 4th Largest manufacturer of Polyester Film in the world with locations in India, Turkey, Thailand and USA and distribution offices in Poland, China, Netherlands, Singapore etc.

Operational Analyst
For 2 years, I worked under Head-Operations (General Manager) of company as operational Analyst. In this profile, my work catered to the data analysis on various aspects for the plant improvement. I have been involved in high decision making body for the turn-around of the company. For this I worked with Managing Director of the company. I was completely responsible for CAPEX proposal, MIS Generation. One of my proposals accepted by top management resulted in annual saving of USD 1 million. I got a fair exposure of general management of the company including the financial aspects. In this role, I got a fair view of all areas of running a business, right from Inventory management to product manufacturing to Manpower Management along with the sales strategy of the company. I have been part of all CEO Review meetings, which gave me an amazing experience of how top management deals with problems and how does senior management perceive things.

Process Manager
Looking into the good performance, I have been shifted to the core operations as process Manager (Industrial Film Division), independently handling the operations of 2000MT/Month production capacity polyester film plant. Plant is $100 Million facility, with state of the art setup
I am responsible for all process related trouble shooting and all new product development related activities, handling day-to-day operational activities involved in Production.

57 Thai nationals report me directly (Production Department) :-)

Experience of working outside India in Non English Speaking Country-

Extracurricular Activities & Achievements
 In College
o Received Dean’s List Award for excellent academic performance in IIT in last four semesters (consecutively)
o Won College Competition organized among all IIT Gandhinagar Students. Got opportunity for Internship in Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA. Received an award of $1000 as part of competition win.
o Part of College Cricket Team , which represented Inter-IIT Sports Meet Organized in IIT Delhi
o Marketing Manager of IIT-GN Technical Annual Summit. Had at team of 15 young students. Footfall of Summit increased threefold
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
EowynPhoenix wrote:
Hi everyone. I completed my application yesterday, and just thought I'd share my experience with the video interview portion. There are 3 video prompts, which each give you 45 seconds to prepare a response and then 2 minutes to record a response. You cannot redo your response, so you only get 1 chance at each video question. Once you complete all 3 video questions, there is a 4th written question that you get 8 minutes in which to type a response. Hopefully this is helpful to someone, as this is the first year they are including this in the application. Good luck everyone!

Hi,

Were the video practice questions the same as the questions on the actual video essay?

Thank you for sharing this btw!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Buckeye2304 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am an admitted student class of 2019, and would love to help incoming students with their queries. Post your questions on the blog, and I would respond as soon as I get time.
P.S. - please avoid sending private messages as I wont entertain them. Simply because, an open question helps other applicants as well.
Best Regards.

Hi Buckeye,

Thank you for offering to help!

Would you happen to know if the practice video questions are the same as the actual video questions?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ThadDog45 wrote:
Buckeye2304 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Best Regards.

Hi Buckeye,

Thank you for offering to help!

Would you happen to know if the practice video questions are the same as the actual video questions?

Nope, it's a new parameter. I would be surprised, if they ask you the same questions. I hope you understand what practice means. Nevertheless. it would be similar to what you see when you practice.
Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
ThadDog45 wrote:
EowynPhoenix wrote:

Hi,

Were the video practice questions the same as the questions on the actual video essay?

Thank you for sharing this btw!

Hi,

The practice questions were not the same as the actual questions from the video essay portion. The practice questions are really to help you become comfortable with the format and procedure of recording yourself, having prep time, which buttons to click, etc. Good Luck!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts