Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

Thanks for your help in evaluating my profile!

Background and nationality: White Female US

Undergrad Information: 2.6, Biology Georgia Tech, first generation college student

GMAT: 740 q48 v44 IR 8 Essay 5.5

Work experience and leadership: I manage the global brand standards auditing process for one of the largest hotel companies in the world (Hilton, Marriot/Starwood, IHG, etc) its is a part data analytics part operations part product management type of role, some key accomplishments:
- Led data analytics plan/execution on pilot project to reduce number of brand standards to 4% while increasing guest satisfaction for a popular hotel brand in the US
- Conceptualized and created a analytics dashboard that replaced manual reports which decreased delivery of said reports from two weeks to 10 minutes..ROI was about $260k in 6 months
- Developed and led implementation of technical requirements to create a new software tool used for brand standards auditing globally
- two promotions...for my most recent role I was the youngest female manager in the company at the time of my promotion

Community and others: I have heavy involvement with a local cancer research charity due to a personal connection. There is a cancer gene that runs in my family, my father passed away when I was young and my sister is currently battling. The charity has both community teams which I work with today as a mentor/team captain to drive fundraising while training for a marathon, but my involvement began in college where I became president of the collegiate chapter that was failing at the time...my leadership team and I worked really hard and turned it around where it is still thriving today (this will likely be some essay material for me). I also volunteer for planned parenthood and participate in intramural sports

Post MBA goals short term: product management at a major technology company so I can reach my long term goal of leading a product or group of products that solve social issues using technology. I am inspired by projects like Google x's internet balloons bringing information to underserved countries and Amazon's use of prime and food stamps to serve poor areas without access to good grocery stores or transportation to get to them..these are the kind of projects I would like to work on or lead in the future

Anything else?...the gpa issue...I plan to talk about being a first gen which led to me having few mentors for success in college. The mindset I was taught growing up was that being smart was something you were born with not something you work toward. I had to change my mindset to the later and that transformation came through attending a difficult school and seeing it through. I now have much better academic work ethic and see academia as a way of growing myself and my skills through work and determination. In addition, I financed my own education and provided 100% of my own support through working 25-35 hours a week during college so I had and did learn a lot of time management as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

Could someone please evaluate my profile for Tepper and any suggestion for other schools i could target would be most helpful.

Background and nationality - Indian / Male / Engineer

Undergrad Information - B.tech in Electronics and communication, Karunya University, with 7.3/10 GPA.

GMAT: To be done in next 15-20 days

Work experience and leadership -
1) 1 year at a leading NBFC as Technical manager digital technologies and innovations. Working with new age tech like Augmented reality,iot etc. Probable promotion by next year. Heading a 8 member team and liasons with startups/vendors for innovations and project delivery.
2) 4.5 years at Tata Consultancy with 4 promotions. Worked up from Developer to technical manager heading a team of 22 members managing product development.
-Youngest Lead in the team.
-Multiple performance awards.
- Part of C level meetings and consulting

Community and others -
1. Part of Work CSR application team for Kumbh Mela Organisers (Large festival in india with over 50 million attendees)
2. Co-founder of a Food delivery service in college
3. Co-organiser for stalls in college national level tech fest, resulting in a 100% YOY increase in revenue
2. Member of dramatics and toast masters club
3. NCC and Red cross member
4. Speaks 4 Indian languages

Post MBA goals
1. Initial pplans - Consulting and strategy
2. Long term goal - CTO / Technology leadership in F500

Thanks in advance
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
SamG1469 wrote:
Hi,

Could someone please evaluate my profile for Tepper and any suggestion for other schools i could target would be most helpful.

Background and nationality - Indian / Male / Engineer

Undergrad Information - B.tech in Electronics and communication, Karunya University, with 7.3/10 GPA.

GMAT: To be done in next 15-20 days

Work experience and leadership -
1) 1 year at a leading NBFC as Technical manager digital technologies and innovations. Working with new age tech like Augmented reality,iot etc. Probable promotion by next year. Heading a 8 member team and liasons with startups/vendors for innovations and project delivery.
2) 4.5 years at Tata Consultancy with 4 promotions. Worked up from Developer to technical manager heading a team of 22 members managing product development.
-Youngest Lead in the team.
-Multiple performance awards.
- Part of C level meetings and consulting

Community and others -
1. Part of Work CSR application team for Kumbh Mela Organisers (Large festival in india with over 50 million attendees)
2. Co-founder of a Food delivery service in college
3. Co-organiser for stalls in college national level tech fest, resulting in a 100% YOY increase in revenue
2. Member of dramatics and toast masters club
3. NCC and Red cross member
4. Speaks 4 Indian languages

Post MBA goals
1. Initial pplans - Consulting and strategy
2. Long term goal - CTO / Technology leadership in F500

Thanks in advance

Hello SamG1469,

First things first, you have very strong experience, enriched with multiple promotions and leadership roles and this will certainly work to your advantage. Besides, your wide-ranging extracurricular activities will really help you stand out as an individual with diverse interests. ☺

Having said the above, a lot will depend on the GMAT score you achieve. Anything upwards of 700 should be a competitive score. However, it goes without saying that you must work towards achieving as high a score as you can.

Further, the way you structure your essays is also going to count. You will need to bring out your strengths, and bring out the qualities that will make you a good fit with the business school you are considering. Besides this, it will be imperative for you to create an application that seamlessly knits your career goals with your academic and professional experiences.

Should you feel the need to undergo a free profile evaluation, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best with everything ☺
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q158 V156
GPA: 2.9
WE:Science (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Background/nationality: White male, American, 34 y/o
Undergrad school/major: Top 50 Public School (Big 12), BSc Petroleum Geology
Undergrad GPA: 2.9 overall with an upward trend; last 60 hrs/GPA in major = 3.2. No real excuse for this except just not knowing what I wanted to major in for the 1st few semesters and my grades suffered until I found my major.
GMAT Score: 680 (42Q/40V)
Work experience: 9 years in O&G mostly working for E&P's; US onshore upstream operations/development roles. No managerial roles; more project management (in O&G it seems to take much more time to get into any kind of leadership roles).
Extra curricular: Most recent: delivery driver and kitchen assistant for a non-profit that makes meals for those with life-threatening illness; volunteer usher at one of the largest performing arts centers in the country; volunteer for outdoor preservation group; trumpet player in community concert band; other various corporate-sponsored programs (United Way, Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity).
Post MBA goals: I currently have 3 pathways that I'm interested in:
1.) Rotational program at E&P or OFS
2.) O&G investment banking
3.) Management Consulting with hopes of exiting to O&G later
*also interested in GE EFS but not sure where that fits in here

I'd like to add that I've been researching online for about a year and realize how "non-traditional" a candidate I am (age, GPA, etc). Also, Tepper, UT, UNC are at the top of my list but I know these are probably stretches and definitely have lower ranked programs on my list as well. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.55
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm hoping to gather some feedback about my applicant profile for R1 B School applications. I'm particularly concerned about my low GPA. All feedback is welcome.

Background and nationality
28 y/o
African American
Female
LGBT

Undergrad Information
B.S. Business Management at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
2.55 GPA - I made mistakes in undergrad due to personal issues, mindset changes since then have allowed me to succeed professionally.

GMAT:
730 Q48 V42

Work experience and leadership
5+ Years in software quality assurance, with Tech consulting firms
Career progression from Analyst -> Senior Analyst -> Team Lead
Experience working in internal service roles as well as client facing.

Community and others
Co-lead Employer sponsored LGBT organization
Co-chair Local non-profit events for the past 5 years

Post MBA goals
My goal is to transition to internal consulting within a tech company. I intend to focus on operations and technology management.

Anything else?
I will be applying to through the consortium.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
cherrilash wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm hoping to gather some feedback about my applicant profile for R1 B School applications. I'm particularly concerned about my low GPA. All feedback is welcome.

28 y/o
African American
Female
LGBT

Undergrad Information
B.S. Business Management at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
2.55 GPA - I made mistakes in undergrad due to personal issues, mindset changes since then have allowed me to succeed professionally.

GMAT:
730 Q48 V42

5+ Years in software quality assurance, with Tech consulting firms
Career progression from Analyst -> Senior Analyst -> Team Lead
Experience working in internal service roles as well as client facing.

Community and others
Co-lead Employer sponsored LGBT organization
Co-chair Local non-profit events for the past 5 years

Post MBA goals
My goal is to transition to internal consulting within a tech company. I intend to focus on operations and technology management.

Anything else?
I will be applying to through the consortium.

Hello @

Hi cherrilash

You not only have a very competitive GMAT score but also a very strong career progression to go with the same. These two factors, combined, will help you cover up for your low GPA to a large extent ☺

Considering you are targeting R1 applications, we suggest that you get down to working on your essays, right away. Aim at creating a stellar application, which knits your existing work experience, with your future career goals. Also, remember to focus on yourself as an individual and the range of skills you have garnered along the way. ☺ If you manage to address all these aspects through your MBA essays, we are confident that you will have a very strong chance ☺

Should you feel the need to discuss your profile in greater detail, feel free to approach us for a free profile evaluation.

Good Luck with everything ☺
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile for Tepper.

Background - Indian/Female

GMAT - 690 (Q 45, V 40) Should I consider retaking the test again?

Industry - Technology in Investment Banking domain

Work Experience - 10.5 yrs

Under grad - B.Tech (IT) from Indraprastha University, Delhi - 73%

Class X - 79% Class XII - 89% (was awarded gold medal)

I am a Senior Manager with an US Investment Banking in the technology division. Own the end to end delivery and execution of a major trading application used by major investment banks and hedge funds around the world. Been with the firm for over 5yrs. I would like to move from IT development to business side of things. I have extensive experience on working with business stakeholders from different geographies. Managing and leading and mentoring team. In the past I have worked for services and start ups and have always been on business centric roles.

Extra curricular - Been an active participant in various events right from school. Won various awards and certificates. Have been a part of the core philanthropy committee driving the firms goals to giving back to the society. Conducting events and workshops for sponsored NGO and raising funds for charity.

Why MBA - I want to move from product development to business development in the Technology sector.

Thanks for taking out time to evaluate my profile.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,
Could some one pls evaluate my profile? I am applying to the 2018 class but for the In-person part time program and the online hybrid program.

Indian/ Male/29

Graduate Information: Industrial Engineering, N.C.State, 2013 grad. 3.51 GPA.
Undergrad Information: Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, 2011 grad, 79%
GMAT: 650. Q=43, V=37
Work experience and leadership: Working with a Leading Electrical Panel Manufacturer in PA. Roles in Quality, Supervision and Manufacturing. 2 Promotions in 4 years.
Community and others: PA Chapter leader for an NGO. Actively involved with community outreach, at and outside work
Cricket team captain and practise coordinator. Numerous leadership positions in grad school and in high school

Post MBA goals - Operations consulting in the manufacturing space.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi Sanjeey,
Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 3 years.

I reviewed your profile and it seems that you have a good shot at the part time program and online hybrid program.
While your work experience and academic qualifications strengthen your candidature, you will need showcase in your application essays as to why you feel the part time/online hybrid program aligns better with your goals than the full time program. Also, considering that you only have 4 years of experience, you will have to articulate clearly in your application, the leadership roles you have undertaken till date and what sort of roles (industry, function and position) you expect to take up post the MBA.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion.

Wish you the very best
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi
I am a female with a Liberal Arts background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation. My plan is to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Entrepreneurship. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 600 (39Q/36V) (This score is solely based on little prep via MBALaunch program. I am in a Manhattan Prep course now to get a much higher score)
GPA: 3.06
Degree: BA- Gender & Women Studies & African American Studies
Experience: 6 years total; 3 in Non Profit where I have received a promotion and created a new department (that is excelling and growing)
Extracurricular:
Board member (young professional) for the YWCA (also Social Chair).
Implementing a Young Professional board currently at my Non Profit.
Humanities and Arts Chair for Continental Societies, Inc (non profit org that focuses on children).

Please evaluate my profile and what should be my target score for GMAT be.

Originally posted by Thewmarie on 16 Aug 2017, 11:03.
Last edited by Thewmarie on 21 Aug 2017, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I would really appreciate if I can get a feedback on my profile:

Background and nationality: MS in CS from USA. Indian.
Undergrad Information: 3.5
Grad Information: 3.76 (MS in Computer Science from a big 10 school)
GMAT: 670 (Q50 V31)
Community and others: 5 years in a startup. Started as computer vision engineer. Currently engineering manager. Recently company got acquired by an MNC.
Post MBA goals: I want to switch my field of work from Engineering to finance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Rotman '21
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hey,

So
GMAT : 710
GPA : 3.0 (Graduate in Commerce)
I am a Chartered Accountant & a CFA Charterholder
Experience
3 Years Internship in a top international audit firm (Audit)
3 Years Experience in a top US Investment bank (Product Controller for Structured Products)
Currently employed with a top US bank (Treasury Risk - Structural Interest Rate Risk Management)

I am planning to apply for 2021, by the time will have 2 years experience in my current role

Extra Curricular :
NGO Activities
1 Year in a Rotaract Club
Currently part of an NGO that engages in Education for the underprivileged kids (working as a teacher & Center head)

Can someone give me an evaluation and whether I should do something more to better my profile.

Thanks
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM