Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
sidiitm2004 wrote:
nsb58 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Any news yet. How long do they take to take a decision post interview?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Probably a week or two. I am wondering if they are updating the number of students admitted at the beginning of this page. I see a lot of decisions pending

I am sure people have not updated that. But I am assuming people who have an admit would have updated. So it does seem like a lot of rejects or lot of decisions pending. Seems to be the latter.

The waiting game is very hard to play.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Sumit here,

Does Ivey sends our regret/rejection notifications? I was interviewed on 29th July, the application status still says as Assessment in progress.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I hope they do. I was interviewed on Aug 10th. And I am desperately waiting. So I can understand your pain.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Haha... My pain is 10Days bigger. However I was told the Decision Committee meeting was not scheduled for 10 days post my interview. So I was expecting the response post 10th Aug, but haven't got it yet.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Unusually quiet. Any new admits?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi, new here. Just decided to get an MBA from Ivey. Do you guys think I'm too late? I will give my GMAT in about 45 days, so I should be able to make it around Round 4.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pinkfraud wrote:
Hi, new here. Just decided to get an MBA from Ivey. Do you guys think I'm too late? I will give my GMAT in about 45 days, so I should be able to make it around Round 4.

Given the mad rush for Canadian mbas I think round 4 would be too late. It also depends on whether you are international or domestic student. International seats get full quite quickly.

S

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got in with scholarship. Please add me into any https://gmatclub.com/chat group that's out there. I understand there is a Facebook group?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hey guys, how are you? I am finishing my application and hoping to do it before Sep 25th. This topic is a bit quiet for some time.

I am excited about applying to Ivey becuase it was not included in my list, and found out that it is an excellent program. A little about me, Colombian, GMAT 710, more than 2 years of experience in telco and GPA 3.2.

I just want your opinions because I am alsmot done with my essays but I am intrigued by both essay questions and perhaps you can shed some light on them:

1. Essay Question 1: Expectations. Do you have to be super specific? For example: I want to switch to consulting for any of the MBB group in Toronto. I feel that perhaps if going into consulting is difficult and they feel they won't be able to get me to consulting I am going to be rejected.
On the other hand if I am too general or hesitate I could also be rejected. For example: I would like to consulting but also like finance and perhaps I want to stay in Canada but I am open to anything that comes up. What would you advice based on your experience?

2. Essay Question 2: Something that you changed your mind about. What scares me here is that you can be too simplistic, for example: Initially I though that I could do everything by myself and then I realized that team work is essential. Or you can be controversial: I realized that God does no exist and before certain experience I though he did. What do you advice on this one?

Finally I am doing a poll here, on why did you chose Ivey instead of Queens, it is valid for both, those who already made a decision and those who applied but have not made any decision yet.

Thanks again,
Fernando
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ivey '19
Send PM
Hi Fermer84,

I got admitted 2 months ago. Allow me to share my insights point wise:

1) Be specific. The Adcom wants know you better, so being specific helps. Mentioning consulting is OK as long as you can explain 'why' at a later stage (interview). For post MBA goals: Its always a good idea to have a Plan A and Plan B, but make sure both plans are related to your previous experience, and not something unrealistic.

2) One interesting incident will suffice. Avoid metaphysical topics such as God and things like these, as they usually aren't related to your career directly. The adcom would like to assess how you overcame a situation/belief and implemented/learnt from it and came out stronger.

Think of the 250 word essay as a movie trailer, short yet interesting enough to entice the reader and recommend your name for the interview. Whatever you write about will be discussed at length during the interview, so ensure factual accuracy. Hope that makes sense.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Will ivey have a fall (september 2018) entry?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you udaibir, valuable information.

This group seems off despite the fact that a deadline is approaching. Another question, did you have the opportunity to talk with current students or alumni? Is there an alumni/student in this thread?

Thanks,
Fernando
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
fermar84 wrote:

1. Essay Question 1: Expectations. Do you have to be super specific? For example: I want to switch to consulting for any of the MBB group in Toronto. I feel that perhaps if going into consulting is difficult and they feel they won't be able to get me to consulting I am going to be rejected.
On the other hand if I am too general or hesitate I could also be rejected. For example: I would like to consulting but also like finance and perhaps I want to stay in Canada but I am open to anything that comes up. What would you advice based on your experience?

Fernando, its good to let the adcom know that you are flexible, but do that in the interview and about the geography. In your essay if you give too many options, you will come across as confused. And Ivey essay is a short one- it does not even ask for a long term goal. So it will be hard to explain that one way or the other in the short term I will get to my long term goal.
Consulting is a very wide industry and mentioning it in your goals can't really hurt you. That said, do make the connections with past experiences and skills gained and how hay make you a fit for consulting.

Quote:

2. Essay Question 2: Something that you changed your mind about. What scares me here is that you can be too simplistic, for example: Initially I though that I could do everything by myself and then I realized that team work is essential. Or you can be controversial: I realized that God does no exist and before certain experience I though he did. What do you advice on this one?

I prefer the team example because its more relevant in an MBA application. Moreover the success of an MBA program is largely due to team work and class participation. However, I'd add - hope this realization did not come too close to the deadline, because you definitely would want to give the adcom some reassurance that you are an out and out team worker now. Strengthen that with a recent example of team work.

What really matters in this essay is 1. your self awareness; 2. your ability to reflect; 3. your ability to evolve.

Hope my comments are useful to you, coming so close to the deadline
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you MBADecoder, yeah, I finished my essays! It is a real challenge to write a movie trailer within 250 words but I think I managed to write a compelling story.

Hey guys, how many of you doubted between Ivey and other one-year programs, which was the final push towards Ivey?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
fermar84 wrote:
Thank you MBADecoder, yeah, I finished my essays! It is a real challenge to write a movie trailer within 250 words but I think I managed to write a compelling story.

Great to know, all the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ivey '19 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Got in with a scholarship. :-)

I was interviewed on 14th and received the decision today 21st.
Current Student
Send PM
Hi Vikas88 , congratulations! Are you awaiting for other school? Can you share the date when you submitted your application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts