Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GRE 1: Q56 V68
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Emory Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Current Goizueta student here. Your profile is generally interesting and, except for your GMAT score, from a numbers and work experience perspective I think you'd have a good chance. However, you should definitely focus on improving your GMAT verbal to get you closer to 700. For finance, to recruit for most IB firms you'll need a 700 anyway, so it's worth the investment (no pun intended). Because it's an intentionally small class size, Emory is also huge on fit, so make sure to learn everything you can about the school and rock the admissions essays.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Emory Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Hi Pasha,

Trust you are doing well.
I am a professional admission consultant and have applicants get into global business schools through my platform CrackAdmission (www.crackadmission.com).

Based on my prior experience of working with clients from Goizeuta Business School, I can definitely say that you have a good shot at making it to Emory.
There are a lot of pluses in your profile including extensive B2C sales experience across FMCG, marketing stint, deal making and a non-engineering degree.

However, you will need to demonstrate one or more of the core values of Emory – Integrity, Courage, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity and Community in your profile. Emory wants its students to be socially responsible leaders of the future. Since you have worked in the Tobacco industry, which is associated with causing Cancer, you will need to demonstrate how your social responsibilities and values are still in tact. You will also need to showcase clarity in your short and long term goals and ensure that they are aligned with your current and past experiences.

As far as your chances are concerned, I would urge you to apply in R1 to maximise your chances. If due to some constraints you are not able to apply in R1, even R2 should be fine.

Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com / Skype : arijit_biswas89 in case you have any other queries or need professional assistance.

Wish you the very best.
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi
I am a female with a Liberal Arts background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation. My plan is to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Entrepreneurship. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 600 (39Q/36V) (This score is solely based on little prep via MBALaunch program. I am in a Manhattan Prep course now to get a much higher score)
GPA: 3.06
Degree: BA- Gender & Women Studies & African American Studies
Experience: 6 years total; 3 in Non Profit where I have received a promotion and created a new department (that is excelling and growing)
Extracurricular:
Board member (young professional) for the YWCA (also Social Chair).
Implementing a Young Professional board currently at my Non Profit.
Humanities and Arts Chair for Continental Societies, Inc (non profit org that focuses on children).

Please evaluate my profile and what should be my target score for GMAT be.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your profile details.
I am a professional admission consultant and have been helping applicants get into global Business schools for the last few years.
Below is an evaluation of your profile :
GPA : On the lower side
Degree : Has all the flavours of diversity.
Experience : You can leverage the non-profit experience to show your leadership qualities and sustainability / development work. However, you will need to give me more details about the other 3 years so that I can gauge further. You will need to draw an overlap between your experiences and the values of the school.
For instance, Emory Goizeuta stresses on values such as rigor, integrity, community, courage, team , accountability. Thereby, the theme of your essays should touch upon one or more of these principles through your personal and professional experiences.
Extra curricular :
There are lot of elements in the initiatives you have taken that can create interest in the minds of the admission committee.
However, to get into any top B school (1-30), you will need a score in excess of 680 to get a good shot at making the cut.
I would love to know more about your goals and targets to better understand where you might fit, and how to construct the best and most convincing story for your application.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Background and nationality - Indian male candidate

Undergrad - B. Com with 57.5% (63.5% in the final year)

Postgrad - Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (Majors in Development Management) NOTE: Only the institute's name has Forest in it; I studied nothing related to it!

GMAT - 710 (Q-49 V-38)

Work experience and leadership -
Total of 3.5 years of work experience in lending space. I have worked for two financial institutions during this period, both of which were into impact investment. I assessed companies which had either social or environmental impact, and were from either financial inclusion, food and agri, affordable healthcare, affordable education, or clean energy sector. There were all early-stage companies with little to no access to formal sources of financing before my company lent to them. I individually did credit and operational analysis of the companies. I was assigned a new vertical in the first organization (I was assigned the role over my more senior colleagues) and was assigned as the lead member of one of the sectors in the second company.

The "story" - I was pursuing CA during my graduation, and had successfully cleared the intermediate examination. The only reason I was pursuing CA was because everybody around me was doing the same and I knew for a fact that there was good money at the end of the tunnel. But something felt amiss and I quit CA following my level II examination and instead decided to do PG. In PG, my course focused on community development and development management in general. I wanted to combine my PG study to what I did prior to that, and hence I got in the impact investment space.

Community and others -
1. Participated in multiple CSR events during PG
2. Ran numerous campaigns during PG, both for the upliftment of the underprivileged as well as for environmental conservation.
3. Active member of Blue Cross
4. Fitness enthusiast and I do work as a fitness instructor

Recommendations - I am sure I can get pretty strong recommendations

Post MBA goals -
Staying in the impact investment space, first by taking some international exposure with the larger donor organizations and then by eventually setting up my own investment fund.

Additional thoughts - I guess my work-ex is on the lower side, but I can show steady increase in responsibilities during this period. Also, I know that my undergrad score is miserable. Nothing really that I can do about it now, but will asking the AdCom to focus on my better-than-average Quant score in GMAT help?

Thanks for the help! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hello aroy10,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum,CO14, and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys through my platform, CrackAdmission(www.crackadmission.com) for the last few years.

Based on my experience of working with clients who got successfully enrolled to Emory and my own experience of applying to Goizeuta back in 2012, below is my take on your profile :

Pluses in your profile : Experience combining finance and sustainable development – two of the hottest topics globally, identifying and working with early stage companies – maturity and foresightedness, community involvement through Blue Cross and others.

Places where you will need to differentiate: Lack of team leadership, Average GMAT score, low undergrad score.

Considering the above, you will need to come up with a strong application to get a shot at the very small Goizueta class. Through this application, you will need to showcase both the professional but the personal side of you. Emory stresses a lot on cultural fit. Hence you will need to portray elements from one or more of Goizeuta’s core values – Courage, Integraity, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity, Team, Community.

Also, your goals need to be more specific than what you have called out currently. You will need to explain why international exposure with the larger donor organizations is needed and how do you think specific components of Emory’s program will help you.

Hope this helps.

Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +919701215544 (Calling) , arijit_biswas89(Skype) in case you need professional assistance.

Wish you the best.

Thanks
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kindly ask you to evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 700 (48Q/38V)
GPA: 2.9 (Long story short...I could not stay focused in school in my first two years as I had to work 40+ hours to help my family to weather through the 2008 crisis)
Degree: BA
Experience: 4 years total in Real Estate investment management. Currently working as a senior portfolio analyst
Extracurricular: Nothing official. Not sure if this is relevant, but my colleagues and I run a group that brainstorms for business ideas. Pursuing CFA level 1 in December.
Post MBA goals: Continue to stay in the real estate investment, and potentially either start a business start-up with my colleagues or work towards launching an investment firm with my colleagues. I am genuinely curious and excited about possible start-up ideas, and I am hoping to grow my network through the MBA.

I am bit overwhelmed with handling family, work, and studying CFA at this moment so I am intending to apply in the second round.

Thank you much in advance,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am the founder of a global admission consulting firm, CrackAdmission (www.crackadmission.com). Based on my experience of working with clients who have successfully enrolled into the Emory Goizeuuta program, below is an evaluation of your profile :

GPA : Significantly on the lower side . You will not only have to compensate for this in some or the other part of your application, but also call out a significant explanation in the Optional Essay.
GMAT : Slightly below Average. However, this won’t be a deterrent if you can make other aspects of your application compelling
Extracurricular : Although it is not an official entity, you will have to showcase the peer to peer learning aspect of the brainstorming club you run. As long as someone or the other extracts benefit through an initiative, the admission committee would definitely be interested in it.
Experience : Volume – 04 years (decent)
Quality : You will need to differentiate yourself from the common pool of real estate applicants and demonstrate how you added value to your organization and professionally evolved as a person in the process.
CFA : If you are able to secure that degree, it will give you a slight edge. But you will still have to relate to why you needed this certification.
Post MBA goals : Currently it is highly open ended and you come out as an individual who does not have a lot of clarity into what you want to do. You might be curious about multiple avenues, but you will still need to bring an element of specificity in your short term goals. Long term should be related to short term but can be left open ended.

Overall you have a decent shot at a seat in the Goizeuta program, but since the school has a very small class size you will have to draft a compelling application.

Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com/arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you have any specific questions or want professional assistance.

Wish you the best !
Cheers
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello All,
I would like to have my profile evaluated. I just took the GMAT in June and am ready to apply for business school in Fall 2019. Here is my information:
GMAT: 710 (50Q/34V/6 IR) Have not received my AWA score yet
GPA: ~ 3.37 (over a 3.5 my last year)
Degree: BA Economics, UCLA. Transfer GPA - 3.8
Experience: 2 years as an analyst at a real estate investment company(1 year at current firm). Work in both acquisitions (acquired 3 hotels for $150mm since I started) and asset management (6 of our current hotels, and 135 hotels for a third party). Had previous internship experience in PWM.
Extracurricular: Over 700 hours working as a volunteer at the local hospital, as a tutor, and as a coach for middle school children. No experience in professional leadership/managerial roles. Was a member of Ski and Snowboard team in college. Mentor a student at UCLA. High School Valedictorian.
Background: Indian (born and raised in California). 25 years old. Typical middle class story for a kid in Orange County.
What I want from business school: First, I would like to work in finance, either in real estate acquisitions, PWM, or VC/PE. I would like to gain both the professional and personal skills that business school can provide. Finally, I need a change in my life.
Letters of Rec: Plan on asking my CIO and an Associate at my current company for my two recommendations. I also have my previous employer in case. Do not have a professor at UCLA I can ask since I did not spend a lot of time in office hours.
Other: The one issue which will make things difficult is that I was accused of cheating in college. I received academic probation and I'm sure I will have to discuss what happened. I would like some feedback whether this is a automatic red flag. It was a mistake and I've grown from it, but I am sure it will leave a mark.

Thank You,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V53
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Hi-I was wondering what you think my chances are for Emory this fall? I hope to apply Round 1 and maybe Round 2

Indian-American 25 years old
Degree: Healthcare Administration w/ minor in Business Administration (also completed pre-med)
GPA: 3.36 (with significant upward trend i.e. 3.7 gpa junior and senior year)
GRE (159 Q 158 V)
Experience: 3 years in rotational leadership program at one of the worlds biggest pharma companies (Sales, Marketing Analytics & R&D Portfolio Management)...I just got a promotion as an associate manager in a strategy role at same firm
Extras: Founded a healthcare leaders club in college and continue to mentor, also volunteer for habitat for humanity helping build houses

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V53
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Hi-I was wondering what you think my chances are for Emory this fall? I hope to apply Round 1 and maybe Round 2

Degree: Healthcare Administration w/ minor in Business Administration (also completed pre-med)
GRE (159 Q 158 V)
Experience: 3 years in rotational leadership program at one of the worlds biggest pharma companies (Sales, Marketing Analytics & R&D Portfolio Management)...I just got a promotion as an associate manager in a strategy role at same firm
Rec's: I am almost certain I will get stellar rec letters from managers
Extras: Founded a healthcare leaders club in college and continue to mentor students, volunteer for 2 years in an emergency room and now I volunteer for habitat for humanity helping build houses
Post MBA goal: I'd love to break into management consulting

Thanks!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey nsubhedar ,

Being the current student 1st year student of Emory, I am happy to help. :-)

Looking at your profile, I think you have pretty good chance at Emory if you showcase the best story and goals.

Try to get the best essays and interview and you are done!

Good Luck :-)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
nsubhedar wrote:

@nsubhedar my response below

GRE (159 Q 158 V)

Experience: 3 years in rotational leadership program at one of the world’s biggest pharma companies (Sales, Marketing Analytics & R&D Portfolio Management) ...I just got a promotion as an associate manager in a strategy role at same firm

Extras: Founded a healthcare leaders club in college and continue to mentor, also volunteer for habitat for humanity helping build houses

Honestly, I think you should increase your test score before applying, this score would be acceptable if you are extremely diverse but being Indian, that is not the case.

The rest of your application looks promising but would require a deeper dive to know for sure, to really assess if you have good stories that reflect teamwork, problem solving in leadership.

The extra-curricular activities are definitely helpful, that's a way to separate you from many other Indian Americans.

However you are young, and you have a little bit of time to play with here and if I were you I would strive to get the best test score you can on either test and make a decision from that place.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
GMAT : Planning to give in 1st week of December, Average score in 3 mocks is 710, I expect and hope my final score will be 740+
Indian Male 27
Class X : 83 %
Class XII : 69.4 %
Graduation : B.Tech Civil Engineer (2014) 67.8 %
2014-15 : Worked as a Civil Engineer with my father in his firm
Post Graduation : M.E Transportation Engineering (2015-17) from BITS Pilani 6.91 cgpa
2017-18 : Worked as a Highway Design Engineer in an MNC(Canada)
Was given various responsibilities regarding preparation of DPR for National Highways, Had to coordinate among various departments of the firm (Geotech, Structure, GIS etc), Have conducted various meetings in NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) & MORTH (Ministry of Road Transport and Highways), Conducted meetings in various cities for Land acquisition process, Have also worked in projects from Africa(But this work was completely technical)
2018- Present : Working as a Project Manager & Highway Engineer in a Construction firm building State Highways.
Leading the project as a Manager which involves construction of a State Highway worth 3 million $
Total Work Experience : 31 months as of now
Internships : At DMRC during my Bachelor's & at Central Road Research Institute of India(CRRI) during my Master's
Achievements : During my internship at CRRI for 2 months published my report in the 1st Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) of India, Won a corporate cricket tournament in May, Have won few quizzes in cultural fests during my bachelor's
Hobbies & Extra-curricular : Quizzing , Cricket, Trekking
Social Work : Have not done much social work but whenever I got the chance, I donated blood in Blood donation camps in my College, Work place
Post MBA goal: My short term post MBA goal is to work in a Management Consultancy firm (Preferably in Business Operations & Strategy )for 4-5 years
After that I would like to come back to India and work in an Indian conglomerate

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
GMAT : Planning to give in 1st week of December, Average score in 3 mocks is 710, I expect and hope my final score will be 740+
Indian Male 27
Class X : 83 %
Class XII : 69.4 %
Graduation : B.Tech Civil Engineer (2014) 67.8 %
2014-15 : Worked as a Civil Engineer with my father in his firm
Post Graduation : M.E Transportation Engineering (2015-17) from BITS Pilani 6.91 cgpa
2017-18 : Worked as a Highway Design Engineer in an MNC(Canada)
Was given various responsibilities regarding preparation of DPR for National Highways, Had to coordinate among various departments of the firm (Geotech, Structure, GIS etc), Have conducted various meetings in NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) & MORTH (Ministry of Road Transport and Highways), Conducted meetings in various cities for Land acquisition process, Have also worked in projects from Africa(But this work was completely technical)
2018- Present : Working as a Project Manager & Highway Engineer in a Construction firm building State Highways.
Leading the project as a Manager which involves construction of a State Highway worth 3 million $
Total Work Experience : 31 months as of now
Internships : At DMRC during my Bachelor's & at Central Road Research Institute of India(CRRI) during my Master's
Achievements : During my internship at CRRI for 2 months published my report in the 1st Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) of India, Won a corporate cricket tournament in May, Have won few quizzes in cultural fests during my bachelor's
Hobbies & Extra-curricular : Quizzing , Cricket, Trekking
Social Work : Have not done much social work but whenever I got the chance, I donated blood in Blood donation camps in my College, Work place
Post MBA goal: My short term post MBA goal is to work in a Management Consultancy firm (Preferably in Business Operations & Strategy )for 4-5 years
After that I would like to come back to India and work in an Indian conglomerate

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hi,

Request the experts to evaluate the profile for Goizueta R3, 2019 intake.

Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering
University: College of Engineering, Pune(GPA 7.55/10) - a top 20 college in India
GMAT: 720(Q50 V38)
Work experience: 39 months, Morgan Advanced Materials
6 months - Key Account Manager responsible for capital goods sales in India and Middle East Asia and manage the lead management and product development dashboard for Asia
18 months - Applications Engineer, Marketing(India and Middle East Asia) to conduct product trials and derive value proposition for 4 product segments in India and Middle East Asia.
12 months - Applications Engineer, India. Host exhibition booths for the organisation at trade fairs all over the country. Shortlist customers for product trials and generate sales worth 1 million USD. Selected for the Global Graduate Leadership Program of the organisation.

Extra curriculars:
1) Volunteer at an English and Math teaching NGO called Pune Learns for 18 months
2) Bronze Medallist at an all Asian Club Rowing championship(Mem's Coxless Fours)
3) Silver Medallist at an all India National Dragon Boat Racing championship
4) Group Guiness World Record holder for the most people solving the Rubik's cube simultaneously.

Short term goal:Join a consulting company to develop insight about various industries.

Long term goal: Establish a school in India for the underprivileged.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts