Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
aallione wrote:
I attended a class visit/ admission information session April 2017. At it, admissions provided a voucher for a one time fee waiver of the full time MBA application fee. Take advantage!

Wow.. that's so generous of them. Thanks for informing others.

Would you elaborate on your USC visit? How was your experience of sitting in a class? Did you get a chance to talk with any current student? What did you find unique/special about USC's student community?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
The visit was informative and definitely worth the time. I sat in on a guest lecture by a C-level executive at Deloitte, who was engaging and added an interesting perspective on international business. The student ambassadors were friendly and the environment surrounding the classrooms and common area felt very welcoming.

In conjunction with the visit, I set up a time to meet with four students pursuing careers in real estate - similar to my own ambitions. These students were very transparent about the strongest benefits Marshall has to offer, as well as some of the weaker points. They laid out specific companies in LA to target and other valuable career advise. I would say the effort they expended to explain all of this to me is a good example of a healthy, positive culture within the program.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
aallione wrote:
The visit was informative and definitely worth the time. I sat in on a guest lecture by a C-level executive at Deloitte, who was engaging and added an interesting perspective on international business. The student ambassadors were friendly and the environment surrounding the classrooms and common area felt very welcoming.

In conjunction with the visit, I set up a time to meet with four students pursuing careers in real estate - similar to my own ambitions. These students were very transparent about the strongest benefits Marshall has to offer, as well as some of the weaker points. They laid out specific companies in LA to target and other valuable career advise. I would say the effort they expended to explain all of this to me is a good example of a healthy, positive culture within the program.

Great Thanks! All the best for your MBA application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Darden '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Not sure why there is not a "Request Information" session on their website. For others schools with this, I find it extremely helpful in getting updates and building relationship with the adcoms.
I wrote an email directly to the adcom email address to request information some weeks ago but there is no reply.
The adcoms at Marshall seem not like the friendliest people in the world, aren't they?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Deadlines for 2018 MBA application are now available. https://gmatclub.com/forum/2017-2018-us ... 45961.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does Marshall review applications on a rolling basis, or all at once after the given Round's deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Hi,
I'm unable to upload my unofficial GMAT and toelf score reports on the portal for some reason. Did anyone else face the same issue?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Editorial and Writing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi,
I'm unable to upload my unofficial GMAT and toelf score reports on the portal for some reason. Did anyone else face the same issue?

Hi!

I faced a similar issue with the TOEFL score. I was able to upload my GMAT score report though.

Also, there are two places where you have to upload these reports. I was able to upload both of them at one place and only the GMAT score report at the other.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Siddharth.Juneja wrote:
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi,

Hi!

I faced a similar issue with the TOEFL score. I was able to upload my GMAT score report though.

Also, there are two places where you have to upload these reports. I was able to upload both of them at one place and only the GMAT score report at the other.

Hi,
I only found one location on the portal where the two are required to be uploaded whereas the other section just asked us to fill in the scores manually.
Did you have to upload the documents in two separate sections per se?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Editorial and Writing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
SharmaShruti wrote:
Siddharth.Juneja wrote:
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi,

Hi!

Hi,
I only found one location on the portal where the two are required to be uploaded whereas the other section just asked us to fill in the scores manually.
Did you have to upload the documents in two separate sections per se?

Yes, I uploaded them in two separate sections. One was in 'Academic History' under 'Standardised Tests' and the second in 'Program Materials>> Documents'. The second one is where I faced the problem.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,
Did you have to upload the documents in two separate sections per se?[/quote]

Yes, I uploaded them in two separate sections. One was in 'Academic History' under 'Standardised Tests' and the second in 'Program Materials>> Documents'. The second one is where I faced the problem.[/quote]

Well, I only manually updated my score in the standardised tests section and uploaded the pdfs in the program material: documents section.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
In for R1 guys! Best of luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q166 V166
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Kudos
Is the deadline tonight at 11:59 PM PST?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview call for R1?
Also,are there any resources available to see what in general the USC interviews are like?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys. I am an Indian candidate. I just got an email from the adcom that I need to upload my TOEFL. But I havent given the TOEFL exam. I was under the assumption that Indians don't need to give TOEFL. Any advice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
golumolu wrote:
Hey guys. I am an Indian candidate. I just got an email from the adcom that I need to upload my TOEFL. But I havent given the TOEFL exam. I was under the assumption that Indians don't need to give TOEFL. Any advice?

Hi,

Most colleges need Indian students to submit their TOEFL scores. It is a requirement even though we completed our education where the main language of teaching was English. I suggest you write the TOEFL at the earliest and submit your scores. I believe this means that you will not be considered for Round 1. All exams must be taken before the deadline of that round.

Write to this school and any other school you may have applied to confirming the same.

Best.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
golumolu wrote:

https://gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/inte ... oficiency/

Pretty sure you are going to need to take it and your app will deemed incomplete. Set the earliest appointment you can and reach out to the adcom to see if they will still review in round 1
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts