Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
rajatarora28 wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting ready to apply for KATZ for the 2020 class. I have a 98 in TOEFL. Do you think I should give the test again?

I think you need to check as the min score as I recall is 100
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GRE 1: Q164 V148
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi,

Has anyone received interview call R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone!

So I'm targeting the 1st Dec deadline and I was looking though the essay prompts and was confused.

"In 250 words or less, tell us 1) your post-graduate career goal, 2) your skills (what you're really good at), and 3) your key accomplishments."

Does this mean that all three prompts have to be answered within a limit of 250 words or each prompt has a 250 word limit?

Thanks in advance!
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
shasha455 wrote:
Hey everyone!

So I'm targeting the 1st Dec deadline and I was looking though the essay prompts and was confused.

"In 250 words or less, tell us 1) your post-graduate career goal, 2) your skills (what you're really good at), and 3) your key accomplishments."

Does this mean that all three prompts have to be answered within a limit of 250 words or each prompt has a 250 word limit?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you must do that in 250 words.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi
I submitted my application for R1 on 1st Oct'17 and have got an email invite for evaluative interview which is scheduled for 25th Oct'17. Anyone else?
do all applicants get a call for evaluative interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Received interview invite. Scheduled on 2nd November.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
kritichinu wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone received interview call R1?

I was suppose to have the interview on 12th Oct but apparently this happen:

"Dear Nikunj,

xxx and I were on Skype from 9-9:10am this morning waiting for you to join us. Please reschedule your Katz Admissions Interview through our admissions team."

I thought they would call me on my skypeID but apparently I was supposed to join them. Can anybody point out what went wrong?

I have rescheduled the interview and would like to know how to go about it :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Nikunj
This might be obvious but the interview times mentioned on site are all eastern standard times. So all the interviews for Indians will start at night.
Someone can correct me if I am mistaken.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sujitpotnis wrote:
Hi Nikunj
This might be obvious but the interview times mentioned on site are all eastern standard times. So all the interviews for Indians will start at night.

I understand that. The interview was at 9am EST and 6.30pm IST but I thought they would call me on skype rather than me waiting to join some group. So Could you tel me as to how exactly do I join them next time? Is there some link of the conference or should i call them on skype upfront?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Nikunj777 wrote:
sujitpotnis wrote:
Hi Nikunj

I understand that. The interview was at 9am EST and 6.30pm IST but I thought they would call me on skype rather than me waiting to join some group. So Could you tel me as to how exactly do I join them next time? Is there some link of the conference or should i call them on skype upfront?

I guess you can reach out to the admissions team and understand the process. I agree, this is a bit weird.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Nikunj777 wrote:
sujitpotnis wrote:
Hi Nikunj

Hi Nikunj,

You will have to join the skype meeting, the link for which is sent in the interview invite email. Katz uses Skype for business and you need to click the link 'Join Skype Meeting' to get into the interview. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Paramesh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parameshkk wrote:
Nikunj777 wrote:
sujitpotnis wrote:
Hi Nikunj

Hi Nikunj,

You will have to join the skype meeting, the link for which is sent in the interview invite email. Katz uses Skype for business and you need to click the link 'Join Skype Meeting' to get into the interview. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Paramesh

Thanks Paramesh, We can use the regular skype to join the meet right?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parameshkk wrote:
Nikunj777 wrote:

Hi Nikunj,

Regards,
Paramesh

I don't think you can do that. Skype for Business and the regular skype are two different applications. I was directed to a separate internet window when I clicked the link 'Join Skype Meeting'. While I later observed that my interviewers had added me in regular skype as well, I connected with them through the email link only and didn't login through the regular skype. PS: I used a google chrome browser. But I guess it should work fine with any browser.

I felt the procedure pretty straight forward. Ideally it should not be an issue for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parameshkk wrote:
parameshkk wrote:
Nikunj777 wrote:

Hi Nikunj,

Regards,
Paramesh

I don't think you can do that. Skype for Business and the regular skype are two different applications. I was directed to a separate internet window when I clicked the link 'Join Skype Meeting'. While I later observed that my interviewers had added me in regular skype as well, I connected with them through the email link only and didn't login through the regular skype. PS: I used a google chrome browser. But I guess it should work fine with any browser.

I felt the procedure pretty straight forward. Ideally it should not be an issue for you.

Makes sense! So basically, I just need to hit the link and I should be good to go. I dont need to download the skype app or anything of that sort?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikunj777

You will have to download the 'Skype for Business desktop client' and the link for this is available in that page itself. Its like a 2 minute thing and then you are good to go.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parameshkk wrote:
Nikunj777

You will have to download the 'Skype for Business desktop client' and the link for this is available in that page itself. Its like a 2 minute thing and then you are good to go.

Thanks Paramesh! :thumbup: I got it... anybody else got through their interview? Tips!!! :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi
I am done with my interview on 25th Oct'17. It was good. it was with Melanie (admissions) & Ashley (career mgmt) for exactly 30 mins.
Tips:
1. Give short answers
2. Suit up
3. Pose them some questions
4. be clear on your work experience and everything written in your resume
5. be clear on your short and long term goals
6. be clear about why Katz
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts