Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Got rejected without an interview. Felt very optimistic about my application but seems like there were better ones. Good luck to the successful applicants :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I got my interview invitation!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Great news, hermes04! All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
hermes04 wrote:
I got my interview invitation!!!

Congrats! And all the best!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who got the invite!
Anyone planning to apply for scholarships? It's a whole set of essays again and I don't know which one to focus on - scholarship or interview preparation. >.<
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V31
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Got the interview invitation :)
GMAT 650 :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 443 [0]
Given Kudos: 752
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got in with 650 ?? Wow.. congrats.. bro.. can you please post your profile here.. it will help future applicants like me.. Thanks in Advance

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I thought that everyone admitted was automatically considered for the scholarships??

OK I need to get up to speed if there are additional essays for it...

crza wrote:
Anyone planning to apply for scholarships? It's a whole set of essays again and I don't know which one to focus on - scholarship or interview preparation. >.<
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q165 V150
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who has got the interview invite . Can you guys recommend me a good admission consultant for INSEAD ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just heard back from one of my interviewers already... and he wants to meet me tomorrow! Looks like I'll have to brush up on my interviewing skills tonight!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck!

hermes04 wrote:
I just heard back from one of my interviewers already... and he wants to meet me tomorrow! Looks like I'll have to brush up on my interviewing skills tonight!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
hermes04 wrote:

oh that's very sudden! Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
I had mine set on Nov. 6 and 9.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
crza wrote:

They don't give us much time to get them done either! I'm going to figure out which scholarships to apply for this weekend and I will get drafts started.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Both interviews completed, will be now focusing on scholarship essays and looking forward to 24 NOV

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
XTsarg wrote:
Both interviews completed, will be now focusing on scholarship essays and looking forward to 24 NOV

Wow, already?! That’s amazing, congrats!

Yeah, I really need to get started on those scholarships...

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
XTsarg wrote:

Hey. How did it go? Would you mind sharing your experience?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
nche wrote:
XTsarg wrote:

Sure no problem

Basically both interviews were pretty normal and outgoing conversations, myself doing a lot of the talking and walking my interviewers through my resume.
The usual stuff was present (why an MBA; why INSEAD; why now). I have a pretty compelling story (I want to move into management consulting) so these answers are all pretty straightforward and consistent in my case

My first interviewer did make some tricky questions about when did I believe the EURO currency was going to collapse (¿?), probably to test my knowledge of Europe and its current political/economical situation. Even though my answer to this particular question was not very solid I believe I had in overall two very good interviews and I am definitely looking forward to decision day. My story made sense to both of them and the fact that I've worked abroad for some time definitely helps a lot.

I am a bit concerned though about the lack of internship for the September intake, specially considering that i want to switch sectors (currently working in airline industry and want to move into management consulting). I have read all over the place that the internship is only crucial if you want to move into IB (not my case), but it would be great to have some positive reinforcement that the September intake shouldn't present any risks in terms of fulfilling my career switch desire. Obviously the January intake is best in this sense, but I don't want to wait more months for business school

Regards
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
XTsarg wrote:
nche wrote:
XTsarg wrote:

Sure no problem

Basically both interviews were pretty normal and outgoing conversations, myself doing a lot of the talking and walking my interviewers through my resume.
The usual stuff was present (why an MBA; why INSEAD; why now). I have a pretty compelling story (I want to move into management consulting) so these answers are all pretty straightforward and consistent in my case

My first interviewer did make some tricky questions about when did I believe the EURO currency was going to collapse (¿?), probably to test my knowledge of Europe and its current political/economical situation. Even though my answer to this particular question was not very solid I believe I had in overall two very good interviews and I am definitely looking forward to decision day. My story made sense to both of them and the fact that I've worked abroad for some time definitely helps a lot.

I am a bit concerned though about the lack of internship for the September intake, specially considering that i want to switch sectors (currently working in airline industry and want to move into management consulting). I have read all over the place that the internship is only crucial if you want to move into IB (not my case), but it would be great to have some positive reinforcement that the September intake shouldn't present any risks in terms of fulfilling my career switch desire. Obviously the January intake is best in this sense, but I don't want to wait more months for business school

Regards

Hey. Understandable and I did give that a thought too. Personally I'm neither looking to consulting nor banking so it's fine for me. But so you know I met an alumni here who joined McKinsey and she did the September entry. So I think you should be fine.
Thanks for the info.
Will update once I've done mine.
Cheers

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts