Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: MIT SDM 2018 Applicants [#permalink]
Thanks guys for the replies. WhiteStallion, are you a former cohort member? If so, what are some characteristics they are looking for in candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GG55 wrote:
Thanks guys for the replies. WhiteStallion, are you a former cohort member? If so, what are some characteristics they are looking for in candidates?

No I am not a former cohort member. Just an aspirant like you. I visited MiT last year and interacted with couple of students.

SDM website mentions the qualities of potential students . Most important one is people with demonstrated leadership roles and responsibilities.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
WhiteStallion wrote:
GG55 wrote:

No I am not a former cohort member. Just an aspirant like you. I visited MiT last year and interacted with couple of students.

SDM website mentions the qualities of potential students . Most important one is people with demonstrated leadership roles and responsibilities.

What this person says is true, the SDM program Mostly had students who have around 6 to 10 years of work experience. That being said there are exceptions and some people have been accepted with two or three years work experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I have done a lot of research on the course but could not find the approx. number of applicants. Any updates anyone, on the number of applications they get each year. I read somewhere that it was ~150 in 2011. That number would have changed drastically during these years.

Do we have applicants here? A humble request from applicants to let their presence known :) I have not yet applied but am planning to.

Whitestallion and GG55 have u folks applied yet ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have not yet applied. I am an aspiring applicant. Yes, I am looking for more information as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! I completed my application from mid nov but I haven't heard back from them yet. Any other aspiring applicants facing the same issue?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I cannot comment on it yet bro as I am still in the final stages of application submission. Others please let us know any developments on the MIT SDM 2018 application.

judejude wrote:
Hi! I completed my application from mid nov but I haven't heard back from them yet. Any other aspiring applicants facing the same issue?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, a query regarding the "home address" section of MIT SDM application. There is the field "Title" with two drop downs - "Option 1" and "Option 2". What is this field and what do they mean. Any comment on the same would be very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I am trying to figure out what that means as well. Not sure. Was that there before?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't think it was there before. Did you write a mail to the them asking this ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not yet bro. Will you write as well and let us know what you find out?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Surely will update this thread if i get a response from them.

GG55 wrote:
Not yet bro. Will you write as well and let us know what you find out?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Bro! Do you know when is the latest they let you know after you apply? Any idea of when it has been in the past? Any friends attending?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have read instances of people having their decisions informed to them well before the application deadline and few who were informed just as per the decision notification time mentioned on their website. So be pretty sure that it is not going to be later than 12-Mar :P this year!!

GG55 wrote:
Thanks Bro! Do you know when is the latest they let you know after you apply? Any idea of when it has been in the past? Any friends attending?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any applicants here with any status updates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The first deadline is January, 12. Does anyone know if there is a time limit or if EOD Jan 12 is fine?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys,

I just submitted my application. Hoping that I will get a favorable response and progress with the interviews. Best of luck to everybody who has submitted or is about to submit their application!

Joe
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts