Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
djskl wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
gsppsu wrote:
quick question - I know Ill get some heat for this...if I apply EA to unc and receive notification on Dec 11 of acceptance, but then get accepted to other schools a few days later, what are the penalties of withdrawing from EA if I haven't submitted a deposit yet?

I was in a visit to the school when someone asked the same question. No penalties. You just will lose seat and no further. it is not like Columbia.

I would be worried about the other school's reactions. The top 20 programs have tight circles. What if the other program found out you backed out of KFBS and rescinded their offer in response?

gsppsu
Mo2men
Just curious, what does Columbia do that KF does not?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
ZenYogi wrote:

gsppsu
Mo2men
Just curious, what does Columbia do that KF does not?

In Columbia you sign binding agreement to withdrew your applications from other programs you have applied to. It is kind of agreement with liabilities on you.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAClassof2020 wrote:
abhinit24 wrote:
Hi Guys!
I have my skype interview coming up in a few days time. Does the skype interview happens with an adcom person, a 2nd year student or an alumni? First, UNC Kenan-Flagler interviews are with adcom members. I did a ton of skype interviews as an interviewer and if you'd like some general tips for approaching MBA interviews and particularly skype- here are some great tips to keep in mind: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... nterviews/
If you'd like to practice for your interviews, we are only a click away and you can reach out to us at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Thanks in advance!

I had my Skype interview and it was with an adcom member. I guess, Skype interviews are taken by adcom only.
All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hey all,

All the best for the interviews and All the best for the results to those who have already given their interviews.
KF EA is non binding unlike Tuck, Columbia and Fuqua, so you do not have to withdraw your applications from other schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Submitted my application last night at 8 pm and received an invite to interview today at 2 pm! I was very surprised to have such a quick turn around. Is this normally the case? Either way I'm excited for the interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
bigo2398 wrote:
Submitted my application last night at 8 pm and received an invite to interview today at 2 pm! I was very surprised to have such a quick turn around. Is this normally the case? Either way I'm excited for the interview!

They suggested a time? In person, or via skype?
Send PM
Expert Reply
bigo2398 wrote:

Congratulations! I would say if you can possibly get to campus then do that- not because it helps your odds but because you will get a much better sense of Kenan-Flagler for visiting. Plus, you won't have to worry about technical skype issues. But if you do skype, rest assured- and I say this because I used to be on this side and did thousands of these- candidates get full consideration from Skype interviews. Just relax and be yourself! And here's an article that will help you prepare for skype: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... nterviews/
And if you want to do a mock interview for practice- please reach out to us at this link here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Would like to confirm a point with you all.

Given the 10 business day grace period on recommendation letters. Say if I submit my application for the 2nd Round on December 4th but my recommenders submit their recommendations on Friday, December 8th, I still in for the 2nd Round right?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Smokeybear00 wrote:
bigo2398 wrote:

They suggested a time? In person, or via skype?

Yes, they gave the option of in person or skype. Pretty similar to the other interviews I've had where they give you a list of open dates and you get to select the date, time, and other on-campus activities.

StratusMBACounselor wrote:
bigo2398 wrote:

Congratulations! I would say if you can possibly get to campus then do that- not because it helps your odds but because you will get a much better sense of Kenan-Flagler for visiting. Plus, you won't have to worry about technical skype issues. But if you do skype, rest assured- and I say this because I used to be on this side and did thousands of these- candidates get full consideration from Skype interviews. Just relax and be yourself! And here's an article that will help you prepare for skype: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... nterviews/
And if you want to do a mock interview for practice- please reach out to us at this link here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

I'll definitely be interviewing on-campus as I live in Raleigh. Thanks for the help and advice!!
Send PM
Expert Reply
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Would like to confirm a point with you all.

Given the 10 business day grace period on recommendation letters. Say if I submit my application for the 2nd Round on December 4th but my recommenders submit their recommendations on Friday, December 8th, I still in for the 2nd Round right?

First- the best place to check this is with the school itself- if they gave you a grace period than it will be honored.
Just to give you an idea of what happens- when all applications come in on 12/4 they have to be processed... meaning that someone has to check that recs are there, that transcript is there, essays etc. So this process takes a few days/weeks to get through. Once your application has been cleared- it goes on to be read by a first reader- so if you have not submitted rec letters then you are in limbo waiting to go through the admissions process. So you don't want to be there for too long as you want to go through the normal application process- but this process takes several weeks as it takes time to carefully review so many applications-
so rest assured real humans are reading and carefully reviewing all! Best wishes on your application and if you do get an interview and want to practice with a mock interview, reach out to us at this link to learn how we can help: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Here's a few articles to help you prepare for MBA interviews:
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... nterviews/
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... interview/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
This won't let me post the date I actually interviewed, but I submitted my application 11/8, was invited to interview 11/9, interviewed and visited on 11/28. Great experience! Really loved it at K-F.

Interviewed on: 2017/12/04
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 720, Q47, V41
GPA: 3.1
WE: 90 months
Industry: Advertising and PR
Interviewed on: 2017/12/04
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Kudos
Received an interview invite today for round 2. The turnaround time was unreal. Submitted the on the morning of the 29th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Did anyone get the application fee waived after submitting the app but was given no prior notice?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi,

There is a column in the application form: 'visa type' (in the 'personal' section). For an international student, would it be F1 (i.e. the visa category under which one would apply if admitted)?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [1]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi,

There is a column in the application form: 'visa type' (in the 'personal' section). For an international student, would it be F1 (i.e. the visa category under which one would apply if admitted)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

If you already possess a Visa, mention it and if you don't, just ignore it. It's just an info and does not hamper your application. You can read more about the Visa on the Admissions page of the Kenan-Flagler website. Here's the link: https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admiss ... applicants

All the Best for your application. :thumbup:
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
DigitsnLetters wrote:
DreamyEyed wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot in advance!

If you already possess a Visa, mention it and if you don't, just ignore it. It's just an info and does not hamper your application. You can read more about the Visa on the Admissions page of the Kenan-Flagler website. Here's the link: https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admiss ... applicants

All the Best for your application. :thumbup:

And if you have any kind of Visa just mention it. I remember I mentioned L1 visa, which everyone knows is irrelevant for anyone but my current company. ;)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Thank you so much DigitsnLetters and abhimahna! Really appreciate.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts