Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [14]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Booth '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Anyone here get access to the admitted Facebook group? I sent my details in a few months ago and haven't heard anything back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Dirky wrote:
Anyone here get access to the admitted Facebook group? I sent my details in a few months ago and haven't heard anything back.

By "sent details" do you mean you filled out the information requesting access on the admitted students website? The turnaround for me was the next day. Do you have special privacy settings on Facebook that prohibits people from searching for you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
Dirky wrote:

By "sent details" do you mean you filled out the information requesting access on the admitted students website? The turnaround for me was the next day. Do you have special privacy settings on Facebook that prohibits people from searching for you?

Hello! Yes, I mean I filled out the information requesting access on the student website. I do have strict privacy settings on Facebook, that's probably the issue! Thanks for the help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Are we all assuming that interview invites for RD won't come out until after Thanksgiving? Anyone have any info on that?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.53
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Think we won't hear back until after turkey day.

From the looks of things so far, interview invites have come out two-ish weeks after submission at the earliest. With the holiday, I think it def pushes us into late Nov / Early Dec for next steps. Plus, this is highly anecdotal, but I feel like tonsa peeps in my office are taking this whole week off. I imagine its a similar sitch most places, including the CBS admissions office.

Mango
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: CBS '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Interview invites are on their way out!, I just received one yesterday. I submitted my application October 4th. Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
dmsobers wrote:
Interview invites are on their way out!, I just received one yesterday. I submitted my application October 4th. Best of luck everyone!

congrats ! did they send you an email? or how were you notified?

my application was completed on oct 2nd and still have not heard back yet
dre1091 wrote:
dmsobers wrote:

congrats ! did they send you an email? or how were you notified?

my application was completed on oct 2nd and still have not heard back yet

Congrats dmsobers! I submitted 9/20 so this makes me a little bit nervous. I'm curious to hear more about your timeline and location. Anyone else heard back from the RD pool?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I heard back through e-mail, but as soon as I received the e-mail there was a change in my application status to 'invited to interview'. Within the application portal there was also a link to match with a Columbia Ambassador for the interview process. I am NY based.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
dmsobers wrote:
I heard back through e-mail, but as soon as I received the e-mail there was a change in my application status to 'invited to interview'. Within the application portal there was also a link to match with a Columbia Ambassador for the interview process. I am NY based.

And you applied for regular decision? I saw that you said you applied on 10/4 which is the early decision deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had submitted my application on 10/4 for regular decision. I had also received an e-mail last week from admissions saying that they were finished reviewing early decisions and were starting to look through the regular decision applications and would inform me of a decision within 3-weeks; so yes, my application is certainly an R.D. one. Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone hear anything more about RD interviews?
dmsobers wrote:
I had submitted my application on 10/4 for regular decision. I had also received an e-mail last week from admissions saying that they were finished reviewing early decisions and were starting to look through the regular decision applications and would inform me of a decision within 3-weeks; so yes, my application is certainly an R.D. one. Hope that helps!

Just to triple confirm, in the email you received from admissions they said you'd get the initial decision "within 3-weeks" (NOT 6 weeks)?

Did anyone else receive a time frame shorter than 6 weeks in their RD email? It's weird because I submitted the last week of September and it seems that I'm still in the waiting game.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TheFightofmylife wrote:
dmsobers wrote:

Just to triple confirm, in the email you received from admissions they said you'd get the initial decision "within 3-weeks" (NOT 6 weeks)?

Did anyone else receive a time frame shorter than 6 weeks in their RD email? It's weird because I submitted the last week of September and it seems that I'm still in the waiting game.

In the same boat - the email I received said up to 6 weeks but would be more like 4 weeks. I completed the app 10/2 and still have not heard back - not sure if that is a bad sign or not
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I think dmsombers is mistaken about the 3 week thing. It was a standard automated email. We all received the same email.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys - yeah, sorry, 6 weeks. 3 and 6 are located right next to each other on the keypad..
EMBA Programs Moderator
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V57
GPA: 4
Send PM
Is this a right forum for emba class of 2020 discussion? If yes, anyone who is planningfor round 1 sat program?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
For reference, submitted for RD on 18Sep and no word yet.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts