Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
That's the end of it. :(
I need to apply to other colleges in R2.Where else have you guys applied?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Stanford DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 18 minutes ago, from Thailand, GMAT:700 (Q48 V38), Industry: Other, WE 41, heard via: email
  • Denied, 28 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:760 (Q51 V41), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 66, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stanford DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 16 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:710 (Q50 V35), GPA: 4, Industry: Computer Software, WE 36, heard via: email
  • Denied, 34 minutes ago, GMAT:690 (Q46 V38), heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Game over... Pathetic year it was.. What a way to turn 30! Rejected by 4 schools.. lost a national level competition.. disillusioning mid year review with super boss at work.. Lol.. pain can sometime yield laughter - funny and tragic emotions :) Good luck folks on the mba journey ahead..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
Send PM
h.

Originally posted by Thefort on 15 Nov 2017, 13:04.
Last edited by Thefort on 28 Nov 2017, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
And the ding wave is here...
Time to identify schools for R2!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
All the best for those continuing on with their Stanford applications! Let us know how you go :)

Hopefully you all get offers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM

Reminder for those applying for the Dual Stanford GSB MBA Program with Harvard Kennedy School --the deadline to apply to HKS is December 4th! There is only one round (unlike st GSB) and if you get in you can choose which school (Stanford or Harvard) where you'd like to start

The Dual Stanford / Harvard Kennedy program is really great for those interested in public-private partnerships, who want to eventually transition into government service, or who just want two amazing brand names on their resume.

We put together this handy article all about the various programs at the Harvard Kennedy School, including an overview of the degrees offered and the application requirements. An increasing number of Stanford MBAs are now doing joint programs so make sure you give it a look before it's too late!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Any thoughts on prospects/general stats of admission for current HKS students? MPP1 who just went through the GSB interview here!

NateFromHBS wrote:

Reminder for those applying for the Dual Stanford GSB MBA Program with Harvard Kennedy School --the deadline to apply to HKS is December 4th! There is only one round (unlike st GSB) and if you get in you can choose which school (Stanford or Harvard) where you'd like to start

The Dual Stanford / Harvard Kennedy program is really great for those interested in public-private partnerships, who want to eventually transition into government service, or who just want two amazing brand names on their resume.

We put together this handy article all about the various programs at the Harvard Kennedy School, including an overview of the degrees offered and the application requirements. An increasing number of Stanford MBAs are now doing joint programs so make sure you give it a look before it's too late!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
john9922 wrote:
Any thoughts on prospects/general stats of admission for current HKS students? MPP1 who just went through the GSB interview here!

NateFromHBS wrote:

Congrats on the interview! Hard to say without knowing more about your individual profile.

Generally speaking though -- most dual degree candidates between Harvard Kennedy School and Stanford GSB are admitted to both programs in the same year, generally opting to begin at HKS so that they graduate with their GSB cohort. It's rarer to see HKS students later admitted at GSB, but I think that is just because the populations are so small at each school. Of the HKS students who later apply to MBA programs, by far the most common route is to be admitted to and attend MIT Sloan, where I see you also interviewed. Sloan knows you'll go because there is a robust dual-degree community and because you're already in Boston. Absent an offer of admission from GSB, you would be very likely to accept the MIT offer because you won't have to move apartments and because the value proposition of the MBA (especially when paired with an MPP or MPA from HKS) is so compelling. That makes it a win-win for their yield.

Happy to help with other questions about the HKS program. Others who are still applying can reach out to us here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '22 (II)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I came across the following paragraph on GSB Essay 1:

"Among my students who have been successfully admitted to Stanford, all of them answered this prompt by writing in explicit detail about a very specific topic, a topic of which they were proven experts, and in a way that showed immense emotions toward that topic.
All of these students were top-ranked in their schools. All had close-to-perfect exam scores. All had remarkable extracurricular and career achievements. Yet in this essay, they all showed that they were unbelievably good writers capable of deep and overwhelming human emotion."

My initial idea about this essay is to write something abstract and personal, e.g. "be influential", "make differences". These topics can tie in many different life stories spanning from career to hobbies to personal events while reflecting my core value. However, writing something specific has its advantages, too. I could go very deep on a specific topic, e.g. "societal equality", showing my deep thinking about a social issue and tie it to the career goal. I think these two approaches speak to "what matters the most" to our core from different angles. Which one do you think is the most effective?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
leoyizhou wrote:
Hi Everyone,

"Among my students who have been successfully admitted to Stanford, all of them answered this prompt by writing in explicit detail about a very specific topic, a topic of which they were proven experts, and in a way that showed immense emotions toward that topic.
All of these students were top-ranked in their schools. All had close-to-perfect exam scores. All had remarkable extracurricular and career achievements. Yet in this essay, they all showed that they were unbelievably good writers capable of deep and overwhelming human emotion."

My initial idea about this essay is to write something abstract and personal, e.g. "be influential", "make differences". These topics can tie in many different life stories spanning from career to hobbies to personal events while reflecting my core value. However, writing something specific has its advantages, too. I could go very deep on a specific topic, e.g. "societal equality", showing my deep thinking about a social issue and tie it to the career goal. I think these two approaches speak to "what matters the most" to our core from different angles. Which one do you think is the most effective?

You should absolutely write about a specific value using specific sensory moments that happened at definite moments in your past (i.e. took place on a single calendar date). When we help people with their essay editing we always encourage them to tell simple, emotional, and linear stories because those are the most powerful, memorable, and distinct— the kind that GSB is looking for.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: CBS '22 (II)
Send PM
NateFromHBS wrote:
leoyizhou wrote:
Hi Everyone,

You should absolutely write about a specific value using specific sensory moments that happened at definite moments in your past (i.e. took place on a single calendar date). When we help people with their essay editing we always encourage them to tell simple, emotional, and linear stories because those are the most powerful, memorable, and distinct— the kind that GSB is looking for.

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you for your response! May I also ask if the essay should focus on personal experience or professional experience?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Will the adcom call the admits on 14 or 15th?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
From last year's decision rollout, it seems that they will start calling admitted folks on the 13th and continue into the 14th before releasing the decisions online.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.45
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I took GRE and used ETS conversion tool.

Researching or Writing Essays
GMAT: 740, Q49, V40
GPA: 3.45
WE: 66 months
Industry: Manufacturing
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Less than a week to go, folks!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts