Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Welcome to all University of St. Gallen full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

HELLO EVERYBODY,
I ve tried to find sth concerning how the motivation letter is evaluated or how are the extracular activities
Is there someone that can make clearer to me this point?
I ve just done an internship of about 2 months in a firm in germany last year and another of the same length in an italian bank this year ;However the latter is a curricular one so i don t know whether it s important.
I am aiming at a 700 score in GMAT tha Ill take next week. It means that, according to the rules i read on HSG website , if all won t go worse than expected, I will have 40 points plus 19 points from my GPA for a total of 59.
So i m missing 11 points to reach the 70 needed.
Does Anyone knows whether I can reach them or not?
My final questions are, How the motivation letter is evaluated?
Is easy to get at least 7 points out of 10 from that?
Some voluntary activities such as serving on ambulance will help to boost my Extracurricular-related score?
If not how can i increase it to get e better chance to be admitted ?
How many chance Do i have to get admitted ? ( This is for who has some experience with this process of course)
Hope in a reply as soon as possible. Meanwhile I thank you for your attention .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
hi all,

I have received an admit from St Gallen for 2017 class last week. If you guys have any query with respect to application process, I'll be happy to help :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Kamal, I am planning to apply at St Gallen. I have couple of Qs regarding application. I have sent you a message. I will appreciate if you help me.

Aditya
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I have admitted (and enrolled) to the HSG MBA class sept. 2017.
Is there anyone who has been already admitted?

Would also be cool if all the admitted guys will keep in touch.

Best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Hi all,

I will join the Program from this Sep as well. I hope we will not be the only ones in the class :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
kamalkant10 wrote:
hi all,

I have received an admit from St Gallen for 2017 class last week. If you guys have any query with respect to application process, I'll be happy to help :)

Hi kamal,

Just need to enquire about the college and post MBA scenario . It will great if you can guide me.

Gmat score -570
WE - 36 months

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hows MBA in St.Gallen ? How long could we stay back in Switzerland post MBA to search for job ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V23
Send PM

Originally posted by airananuj1234 on 13 Sep 2017, 07:29.
Last edited by airananuj1234 on 11 Jun 2018, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
My Experience for Application in St.Gallen

This is one the best college in mountains of Switzerland and has 600 visiting faculty and their specialty is in Strategies and Marketing. The course is 11 months long. Learning German while u get placement will be awesome to get feel of local language.
Application dead line starts with 1Oct, 1Dec, and goes up to Aug of every year.

Application process is simple where candidate needs to create account on their website and fill all the relevant details of education and job experience and any extra curricular activity.
then comes Essay and they ask generally about Long term and Short term goals and how St.Gallen can help you to achieve your long term goals and just in-case Plan A fails what are your plan B, just make sure you go with the flow of Essay.

Round 2 consist of Video interview, here you will be asked 6 question and prior to final video question you can practice N number of times for it but final interview question will be totally different, also practice more on time management you should make sure to summarize the whole thing before last 5 seconds.

General question(s) Sample:
1. if you would like to change one thing about society, then what it would be. (Time given 30 sec to prepare and 1 min to speak)
2. Have you ever faced biasing in your professional career, if yes then was it in favor of you or against you, and what you learned out of it. (45 sec to think and 1 min to speak).

Then there will be Round 3 where you will be asked general questions and given case study to solve and you'll have 90mins to prepare.

I chose St.Gallen Exam over GMAT/GRE any how its not easy but with St.Gallen test you only have to score good in Reasoning and Quant section. Verbal they don't care about as they judge it from how you speak in video interview.

Max cut OFF happen by end of Round 2 so make sure to have great hold of what u say and how you express your self (my suggestion don't over use hand gesture while you explain on any given topic).

Best thing they provide Education Loan up max of tuition fee.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
prabhatverma wrote:
My Experience for Application in St.Gallen

This is one the best college in mountains of Switzerland and has 600 visiting faculty and their specialty is in Strategies and Marketing. The course is 11 months long. Learning German while u get placement will be awesome to get feel of local language.
Application dead line starts with 1Oct, 1Dec, and goes up to Aug of every year.

Application process is simple where candidate needs to create account on their website and fill all the relevant details of education and job experience and any extra curricular activity.
then comes Essay and they ask generally about Long term and Short term goals and how St.Gallen can help you to achieve your long term goals and just in-case Plan A fails what are your plan B, just make sure you go with the flow of Essay.

Round 2 consist of Video interview, here you will be asked 6 question and prior to final video question you can practice N number of times for it but final interview question will be totally different, also practice more on time management you should make sure to summarize the whole thing before last 5 seconds.

General question(s) Sample:
1. if you would like to change one thing about society, then what it would be. (Time given 30 sec to prepare and 1 min to speak)
2. Have you ever faced biasing in your professional career, if yes then was it in favor of you or against you, and what you learned out of it. (45 sec to think and 1 min to speak).

Then there will be Round 3 where you will be asked general questions and given case study to solve and you'll have 90mins to prepare.

I chose St.Gallen Exam over GMAT/GRE any how its not easy but with St.Gallen test you only have to score good in Reasoning and Quant section. Verbal they don't care about as they judge it from how you speak in video interview.

Max cut OFF happen by end of Round 2 so make sure to have great hold of what u say and how you express your self (my suggestion don't over use hand gesture while you explain on any given topic).

Best thing they provide Education Loan up max of tuition fee.

Good luck.

Hello Prabhat,
Could you share more about how was your overall experience with them during the application process. Could you share more about their Career services(from you school research, if any)? German proficiency is a must to land a job, aye? and lastly, Could you share more about your profile?
Too many questions (: ...would appreciate your help
I was wiling to apply to St. Gallen and IMD both as i have plans to work and contribute in Switzerland.

Here is a gist of my profile

Indian, male, marine engineer (NON-IT), 30 years old
8 years+ experience
GMAT: 690, Q46, V38, IR 4, AWA 5
French Proficiency: DELF A1

Thank you in advance,

Cheers!
Shubham
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
First thing FIRST.

IMD ....do not apply there as you don't have kinda exp to match the level of ppl there...i have this reply straight from IMD council of admission. They prefer ppl over 12+ years of exp. Considering your exp they will offer u some foundation course ....its of no use. Coming to ur profile....u seem to have nice score ...hope for the best (wish u luck) ....one suggestion think of HEC as well if u ok with it...HEC Paris.
Coming to French language knowledge .....i feel you have to migrate ur learning to German...its not mandatory in any college ...however learning another language is always plus while working in Swiss Alps..As far as career service is concern...i say MBA from St. gallen, HEC, Insead, IMD, and Couple of German institute are best in Europe. For me i never wanted to go to US thats why i choose Europe. Job opportunity are good (if see optimistically) no college can give u guarantee of placement...But St. Gallen and IMD are best product of Swiss apart of Watches and natural beauty.....go for it.....one suggestion apply ASAP....their batch strength is around 50... So catch ur bus or drive fast....Good Luck ....crack it hard...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
@prabhatverma -
Thank you for that clarity and good inputs. Learning another language should be fun. French was..to start with.
St. Gallen provides direct loan to its students. Should i understand it as - they trust their students to be good enough to land job offers ?
I might be reading to much into it..or am I ?
Well, Europe, Canada, Sgpore is on my list. US is not.

Thank you,mate !
Cheers!

Sent from my NX569J using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Think of Singapore apart of Europe....will never suggest going to any college in Canada.... ( my research).

You are not reading to much ....actually you are missing the whole scenario....thinking of ROI is good,but thinking like you hv ...may be problem...its not Btech from IIT kanpur,Delhi or Bombay.....its MBA...here contacts means every thing....if you are thinking about ST.Gallen ...go for German...not French....else in Country of Bonjour think of French...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: HSG '21 (A)
Send PM
Hey guys, I am thinking of applying to st Gallen MBA starting in 2019 but funding is a big issue for me. Please can you tell me what if the uni offers any scholarships at MBA level and if they are substantial enough to cover most of your tuition?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi everyone. I just received my admit from HSG for the incoming class of 2018. Do we have a https://gmatclub.com/chat group where I can join .
Cheers
Amritava
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts