Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730) [#permalink]
Thank you for the quick reply. I will try and explain the questions however best I can and hopefully you could read my profile better.

My target would be the Best B-schools in the US.

I will have completed working as an Architect for two years (by July 2018) where I have been designing and planning the Execution of various projects. My job requires me to consult with clients and interface with several contractors and other construction professionals. I can say that I have successfully managed projects of different scales ranging from residences to mixed-use communities. I have helped an NGO in the design and executed construction of schools in rural villages of India and volunteered at different workshops.

An MBA for me is a means to accelerate towards my goal and provide me with the skills to achieve this goal. The construction industry is basically in dire need of improvements in its systems with the advancements in technology and I want to be the one helping in the execution of these plans. This will be my short term goal after my MBA. In the long run, I want to slowly transition into something that changes the world after I accumulate enough resources to use them at my disposal. There are a lot of concerns in this world that I want to be able to help and change for the betterment of Humanity. I see myself having a Non-profit of my own which would strive for the betterment of this world. Service to Humanity is what my passion has always been.

So there, I have tried explaining myself and hopefully, you get a better understanding of my profile.

Regards,
Abhimanyu
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request (GMAT 730) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Abhimanyu,

Thanks for sharing your background. Your long-term career goal is still quite broad - what kind of of a non-profit do you want to start and why? How does it connect with what you have done in the past? Also, what have you been doing on the extracurricular side?

Given that you come from a tough demographic (Indian male), the top 10-12 business schools in the US would be a stretch, in my view, with schools ranked in the 12-20 range as more of a target.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Shaifali
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
abhimanyujp wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply. I will try and explain the questions however best I can and hopefully you could read my profile better.

My target would be the Best B-schools in the US.

I will have completed working as an Architect for two years (by July 2018) where I have been designing and planning the Execution of various projects. My job requires me to consult with clients and interface with several contractors and other construction professionals. I can say that I have successfully managed projects of different scales ranging from residences to mixed-use communities. I have helped an NGO in the design and executed construction of schools in rural villages of India and volunteered at different workshops.

An MBA for me is a means to accelerate towards my goal and provide me with the skills to achieve this goal. The construction industry is basically in dire need of improvements in its systems with the advancements in technology and I want to be the one helping in the execution of these plans. This will be my short term goal after my MBA. In the long run, I want to slowly transition into something that changes the world after I accumulate enough resources to use them at my disposal. There are a lot of concerns in this world that I want to be able to help and change for the betterment of Humanity. I see myself having a Non-profit of my own which would strive for the betterment of this world. Service to Humanity is what my passion has always been.

So there, I have tried explaining myself and hopefully, you get a better understanding of my profile.

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Dear Abhimanyu,
Your GMAT & WE are towards the lower side of the ideal cases. That said, you seem to have a good idea of your story and how to shape your goals. One of the biggest concerns for you though is that time is running out for you. Please start your application work immediately; your next round deadlines are already going to be really tight.
Happy to help. Please feel free to get in touch for a free profile evaluation over the phone. Send in your resume and important details.
GMAT Club Bot