Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smith (Maryland) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Full Time MBA Deadlines:
Attachments

New Deadlines.PNG
New Deadlines.PNG [ 11.8 KiB | Viewed 7799 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smith (Maryland) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Has anyone been interviewed? Please share your experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Smith '20 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Applied before first round deadline. Accepted last week with scholarship. Confirmed attendance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
DeepFlex wrote:
Applied before first round deadline. Accepted last week with scholarship. Confirmed attendance.

Congratulations Deep! Mind sharing me your interview experience? How much scholarship were you rewarded?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Smith '20 (A)
Send PM
sourabhk9 wrote:
DeepFlex wrote:

Congratulations Deep! Mind sharing me your interview experience? How much scholarship were you rewarded?

Admissions were amazing people. All of those I spoke and interacted with had a great deal of emotional intelligence, while very well versed on the programs and requirements for attendance. Based on my background, I knew that at least two tracks would be relevant to my background.

I really felt that I was among like minds, and welcome them as mentors for my further professional and personal growth. The synergy spoke for itself, and it will be a good fit. My scholarship was well into the five figures.

I also interviewed with Kenan-Flagler, and while I was accepted, I turned them down. Their ideal student was very much not like me. I'd say that Smith seeks a well rounded applicant, where Kenan-Flagler wants future investment bankers. Truth is, the latter will be automated and likely governed by A.I. within a few years, and the banks will seek IT over finance. Just my two cents.

Cheers-
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Anyone got any interview invites yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else got selected recently? Please share
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Second round applicants have received the interviews yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
sourabhk9 wrote:

I gather you have interviewed with them already. When did you submit your application?

I submitted mine on 30 September and haven't heard from them as yet. Even wrote to them checking in on their decision timeline, but they responded by saying that I should hear from them by 23 December (which by the way happens to be the decision deadline). Any idea if they are still sending out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shrutbaj wrote:
sourabhk9 wrote:

I gather you have interviewed with them already. When did you submit your application?

I submitted mine on 30 September and haven't heard from them as yet. Even wrote to them checking in on their decision timeline, but they responded by saying that I should hear from them by 23 December (which by the way happens to be the decision deadline). Any idea if they are still sending out interview invites?

I was interviewed on 30th October. I felt that it went pretty well for me. I haven't heard back from them yet.
shrutbaj wrote:
sourabhk9 wrote:

I also submitted my application on 30th september and haven't heard from them yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.96
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos