Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Attending an alumni event as a prospective applicant [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi there - that's a great way to learn about the school as well as the experiences of the alumni, but you should also be prepared (for example, you should research the school through the website and be able to express why you are interested in that b-school). Hope that helps!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Absolutely! Alums are a great way to learn about the program. I would say just keep in mind the event you are at and why alums are there. They may not want to get interrogated by a prospective student for a long period of time, so be respectful and use your judgment with engaging with the people you meet. Generally, most alums LOVE talking about their alma maters, especially the more recent grads so target them first, as they can give you the best information and also the most relevant given they just graduated. So just use your judgement and EQ and you should be fine to attend
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
You should definitely attend, it's never too early to start networking, and you can use your experiences from such event on your application to show your commitment and dedication to the school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
triumph VeritasPrepDozie IvyGroupeCEO MBADecoder

Thank you so much for your replies! I went to the event earlier this month and was pleasantly surprised at how helpful and encouraging the alums were to me, despite the fact that I'm still just an applicant. I was also able to meet some early admits to the program, and network/exchange contact info with many people.

Thank you again for all you advice! I would recommend other applicants to also do the same if they get the chance :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
yukidaruma wrote:
triumph VeritasPrepDozie IvyGroupeCEO MBADecoder

Thank you so much for your replies! I went to the event earlier this month and was pleasantly surprised at how helpful and encouraging the alums were to me, despite the fact that I'm still just an applicant. I was also able to meet some early admits to the program, and network/exchange contact info with many people.

Thank you again for all you advice! I would recommend other applicants to also do the same if they get the chance :)

Glad to have given meaningful advice Yukidaruma. All the best for your applications.
GMAT Club Bot