Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.45
WE:Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
ShrishT wrote:
liverpool

honestly, I do not know how to reply to your exact message - like in mail chain style, so I respond separately..
When did you apply to them?

Hi,

It seems there are many Indians who have applied this time. What's your profile?
Are you done with the case study interview as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Guys, what's all your status? How many of you are done with the preliminary interview with Gaby?
When did it happen? How did it go?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
roy26 wrote:
Guys, what's all your status? How many of you are done with the preliminary interview with Gaby?
When did it happen? How did it go?

Looks like, not everyone has submitted the profile. I am yet to apply. :)
Denied
01 Dec, 2017
13 Dec 2017, 09:33
Private, GMAT: 700, Q49, V35; GPA: 3.2; WE: 54 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 568 [1]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
roy26 wrote:
Denied on: 2017/12/01
GMAT: 700, Q49, V35
WE: 54 months
Heard back via: Email

roy26

Tough luck mate! I am yet to apply and I am already feeling scared when a profile like yours did not get accepted!
Mannheim Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 650 Q40 V39
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hard luck, i hope you are exploring other alternatives as well.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
On top of that I genuinely felt I had a very good interview. I showed that I did a lot of research on the school, Germany etc.

They have clearly told me this year they got an unprecedented number of Indian applications.

Posted from my mobile device
Denied
08 Dec, 2017
13 Dec 2017, 20:08
abhi658 GMAT: 710, Q49, V38; GPA: 3.1; WE: 46 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Mannheim Thread Master
Send PM
roy26: Would it be possible to share your thoughts if someone has over 10 years of experience, with a sub-600 or 600 GMAT score.

What are the conversion chances based on your experience? Also, I would glad to know if you could help me understand, what are the factors that you think would have contributed towards converting the school's decision in your favour? I can imagine it could be such a devastating stage, but given the numerous applications from Indians, the B-school gets too spoilt for choices besides they always may have an alternate to limit the admits per country/per region based, just to improve their diversity quotient. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Anubhav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnubhavK wrote:
roy26: Would it be possible to share your thoughts if someone has over 10 years of experience, with a sub-600 or 600 GMAT score.

What are the conversion chances based on your experience? Also, I would glad to know if you could help me understand, what are the factors that you think would have contributed towards converting the school's decision in your favour? I can imagine it could be such a devastating stage, but given the numerous applications from Indians, the B-school gets too spoilt for choices besides they always may have an alternate to limit the admits per country/per region based, just to improve their diversity quotient. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Anubhav

Hi Anubhav,

I really hate to disclose it to you but you stand next to zero chances unless your work ex is something radically different from the general technology conulsting/project management etc.
I personally believed that I had a fantastic interview, quite well researched and clear focus on my future goals. I observed Gaby shaking her head in agreement to so many points that I had to say during the interview. My video presentation was decent if not great. I was really hopeful for a convert at Mannheim.

I personal believe Mannheim is now the go-to destination for European B school applicants, so for Indians they're looking at someone with 720+ GMAT irrespective of the work ex.
Or, otherwise a stellar work ex deviant from technology/telecom sectors. But again, if you surely believe you can bring something unique to the table there's no harm in trying.
But they're probably going with the ones with the highest GMAT score this time around.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
fermar84 wrote:
Hey guys, one question about this program. What do you think about it in terms of career services? I asked them to contact me with some alumni and their response was: search in linkedin. I think that this is the first time that I've received that kind of answer and if that is their willingness just to contact me with someone, what can you expect from their career services?

Let me know your thoughts,
FM

Hello fermar84. Career Services has been good to our batch so far. I can think of three reasons Jens might not have given you direct alumns.

1. Alumns would not appreciate having several emails from hundreds of applicants every year. Even for current participants, we have to have an industry and a company in mind before they contact members of the alumni asking if it would be fine if someone from the current batch would contact them. They are (as what program management and career development say) very busy people with big titles after all.

2. In a business point of view, you aren't really clients of the uni yet. They're a small team of three trying to find companies to present, development programs to match the current cohort, and checking all 54 CVs we have at the moment. And again, there will be hundreds of applicants. Career services simply cannot accommodate to your request, sorry to say (HEC and ESADE weren't that helpful too, if I remember correctly).

3. Germans want to see you do your part - at least MBS does. They want you to do your research, your own initiatives, etc. And really, it's gonna prepare you the next year - ambiguity.

Once you get to Mannheim, you'll appreciate Career Development more. They are supportive in your entire "Job Project" journey, from CVs, cover letters, interview mock-ups. You'll have to find the programs/jobs you want to apply to (they won't say which ones are for you), but they will say if you're a good match for the program or not, how much you should expect in terms of compensation, etc. In total, I've been quite happy with CD, and allumns from the previous batches I've talked to were/are as well. Anyhow, send me a private message if you want to know more.

On a side note, I got admits from HEC and ESADE as well, and I can't tell you how much I'm loving Mannheim.
Mannheim Thread Master
Send PM
roy26 wrote:
AnubhavK wrote:

Regards,
Anubhav

Hi Anubhav,

I really hate to disclose it to you but you stand next to zero chances unless your work ex is something radically different from the general technology conulsting/project management etc.
I personally believed that I had a fantastic interview, quite well researched and clear focus on my future goals. I observed Gaby shaking her head in agreement to so many points that I had to say during the interview. My video presentation was decent if not great. I was really hopeful for a convert at Mannheim.

I personal believe Mannheim is now the go-to destination for European B school applicants, so for Indians they're looking at someone with 720+ GMAT irrespective of the work ex.
Or, otherwise a stellar work ex deviant from technology/telecom sectors. But again, if you surely believe you can bring something unique to the table there's no harm in trying.
But they're probably going with the ones with the highest GMAT score this time around.

Thanks Roy26, appreciate your perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
AnubhavK wrote:
roy26 wrote:
AnubhavK wrote:

Regards,
Anubhav

Hi Anubhav,

Hello, one should still apply anyway. I mean, GMAT isn't the only factor the Ad Com is looking at. I believe someone from my cohort has a 570 GMAT Score. It all really depends on how you do your interview, your essays, what you did, the company you worked for, etc. If you don't mind putting in 100 Eur and a few hours to work on your application, then you should apply to as many as you want. Never thought I'd get a single admit, yet I got all four from HEC, ESADE, Mannheim, and WHU. Just apply, I remember reading somewhere to have a reach, a safe, and a fallback school when you apply.
Mannheim Thread Master
Send PM
Syg03 wrote:
AnubhavK wrote:
roy26 wrote:
[quote="AnubhavK"]roy26: Would it be possible to share your thoughts if someone has over 10 years of experience, with a sub-600 or 600 GMAT score.

Regards,
Anubhav

Hi Anubhav,

Hello, one should still apply anyway. I mean, GMAT isn't the only factor the Ad Com is looking at. I believe someone from my cohort has a 570 GMAT Score. It all really depends on how you do your interview, your essays, what you did, the company you worked for, etc. If you don't mind putting in 100 Eur and a few hours to work on your application, then you should apply to as many as you want. Never thought I'd get a single admit, yet I got all four from HEC, ESADE, Mannheim, and WHU. Just apply, I remember reading somewhere to have a reach, a safe, and a fallback school when you apply.[/quote]
Yes sure, i am yet to sit for GMAT, scheduled for this month end. Hopefully, I get to start apps process starting next year, if all goes well.

Stay in touch mate, and wishing you good luck.

Anubhav

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.79
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Is there any one who applied to mannheim on november 30th and waiting for a mail from gaby.

I applied on nov 30th and didn’t get any mail from gaby. I have 690 on gmat and 6 years of work ex in IT.

Thanks
Prakash

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

I was accepted to the program.

I am also accepted to HEC Paris, Esade, Ceibs, Warwick, and Cranfield.
I have a tough decision to make.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V146
Send PM
jyoo28 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was accepted to the program.

I am also accepted to HEC Paris, Esade, Ceibs, Warwick, and Cranfield.
I have a tough decision to make.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

If you speak German, go to Mannheim
If you speak French, go to HEC
If you are willing to work in Asia and learn Mandarin, go to CEIBS
I am not sure about UK, unless you have working permit, it is tough to get a job after MBA there.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts