Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS MiM'17
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,
Would like my profile to be evaluated please. i'm applying for the Jan 2019 intake

Female/28/Pakistani
Yrs of working experience: 5
Qualification: Medical doctor

Current role: Chief medical officer at a Swedish multinational company, working with the largest telecom operator in the country to provide healthcare to 300,000+ customers - manage a team of 3 currently, rapid expansion is in progress and team will grow to 12 hopefully by the time i apply - working here since 1 yr 3 months
Previous role: Manager at a large regional hospital- 1 year
Clinical practice: 3 yrs

Other courses: Part of a World Bank program for women in business - program runs weekend classes and is of 4 months duration
INSEAD executive education program "Innovating healthcare for tomorrow" - has two modules, in between which you do a project to test learning in your company
Leadership: Regional Acumen fellow for Pakistan- Acumen is an international non-profit organisation. The org selects 20 fellows from all over the country to take part in a 1 year leadership development program

Travel: Born in Pakistan raised in England. Primary and secondary school education is from england.
Lived in dubai, france, england and saudia arabia
Travelled to indonesia and cambodia for work-related projects. Malaysia for vacation.

Please let me know what you think.

Best
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Asha89 wrote:
Hi,
Would like my profile to be evaluated please. i'm applying for the Jan 2019 intake
Hi @Asha89, happy to review your profile!
Female/28/Pakistani
Yrs of working experience: 5
Qualification: Medical doctor

Current role: Chief medical officer at a Swedish multinational company, working with the largest telecom operator in the country to provide healthcare to 300,000+ customers - manage a team of 3 currently, rapid expansion is in progress and team will grow to 12 hopefully by the time i apply - working here since 1 yr 3 months
Previous role: Manager at a large regional hospital- 1 year
Clinical practice: 3 yrs
great that you have some experience beyond your clinical work
Other courses: Part of a World Bank program for women in business - program runs weekend classes and is of 4 months duration
INSEAD executive education program "Innovating healthcare for tomorrow" - has two modules, in between which you do a project to test learning in your company
Leadership: Regional Acumen fellow for Pakistan- Acumen is an international non-profit organisation. The org selects 20 fellows from all over the country to take part in a 1 year leadership development program
also impressive work with World Bank program.
Travel: Born in Pakistan raised in England. Primary and secondary school education is from england.
Lived in dubai, france, england and saudia arabia
Travelled to indonesia and cambodia for work-related projects. Malaysia for vacation.
Very strong international exposure also- I don't the GMAT or other stats but if you are in line with their averages I think you could have a strong application here. Keep in mind that with the shorter duration you really need to know what you want to do post MBA so be as specific as you can when answering questions about your career goals and how INSEAD can help you reach them. If you'd like to reach out for further advice- we can do that in a free consult through this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Please let me know what you think.

Best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I would also like to have my profile evaluated. I am planning to apply for the Jan/Sep intake at INSEAD (not sure which right now).

Nationality: Brazilian/German

Background:
I was born in Brazil, where I went to a swiss school. In 2010 I moved to Germany for my studies, where I have been living ever since.

GMAT: 760 (50Q, 44V, 5IR - might this last one be a problem?)

Education:
B.Sc. (2.8 GPA) and M.Sc. (3.4 GPA) in Aerospace Engineering at the Technical University of Munich

Work Experience:
Management Consultant, currently 14 months: This position allowed me to take part in various projects in Germany and Austria, such as analyzing customer companies with respect to their strategy, processes, structure, project management and employees and discovering potentials to increase their performance. I also had the chance to lead a small consulting project, which gave me a high degree of responsibility and freedom to make operational and strategic choices concerning the project together with the customer. The project team consisted of myself and an intern.

Languages:
Portuguese (mother language)
German (business fluent)
English (business fluent)
French (intermediary)
Spanish (intermediary)

Post MBA goals:
I would like to transition to strategy consulting or a strategic relevant management role in a technology company.

I would love to see your feedback on my profile.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Vliu91 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would also like to have my profile evaluated. I am planning to apply for the Jan/Sep intake at INSEAD (not sure which right now).

Nationality: Brazilian/German

Background:
I was born in Brazil, where I went to a swiss school. In 2010 I moved to Germany for my studies, where I have been living ever since.

GMAT: 760 (50Q, 44V, 5IR - might this last one be a problem?)

Education:
B.Sc. (2.8 GPA) and M.Sc. (3.4 GPA) in Aerospace Engineering at the Technical University of Munich

Work Experience:
Management Consultant, currently 14 months: This position allowed me to take part in various projects in Germany and Austria, such as analyzing customer companies with respect to their strategy, processes, structure, project management and employees and discovering potentials to increase their performance. I also had the chance to lead a small consulting project, which gave me a high degree of responsibility and freedom to make operational and strategic choices concerning the project together with the customer. The project team consisted of myself and an intern.

Languages:
Portuguese (mother language)
German (business fluent)
English (business fluent)
French (intermediary)
Spanish (intermediary)

Post MBA goals:
I would like to transition to strategy consulting or a strategic relevant management role in a technology company.

I would love to see your feedback on my profile.

Thanks in advance!

You have a good profile in the making, but lack work experience. Your GMAT score is excellent and I love it that you know so many languages. Your career seems to be going on the right track. However with just 14 months experience, you may be considered too young (inexperienced) to contribute meaningfully in class. I'd advise you to wait atleast another year before you apply.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Dear all,

Below you may find my profile and I would really appreciate if you could send me your feedback.

I intend to apply at INSEAD MBA (2019) and I am trying to build a strong profile since MBA is a big investment for me.
Post-MBA goal: I would like to pursue a career in strategy consulting in Europe.

Nationality:
Greek
Education: B.Sc. in Marketing and Communication at Athens University of Economics and Business (Top B-school in my country) - GPA: 9.2/10 (3,7/4)- Top 2% of my class
GMAT: TBD

Work Experience (total 4.5 years) in Greece:
Marketing Intern -6 months- at one of the world's largest FMCG Companies
Assistant brand manager (15 months) at a multinational toy manufacturing company (with famous brands worldwide)
Assistant brand manager (18 months) & Assistant advertising manager (4 months-present) at one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in Europe
My goal is to get a promotion the following year, before my MBA.

All the above positions were requiring high interaction and cooperation with colleagues and partners from Europe & US, but I don't know if this is enough since INSEAD is too oriented at international experience.

Languages:
English (Professional working proficiency)
French (Limited working proficiency)
Greek (Native proficiency)
Spanish (Elementary proficiency)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,
Konstantina
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
kondim92 wrote:
Dear all,

Below you may find my profile and I would really appreciate if you could send me your feedback.

I intend to apply at INSEAD MBA (2019) and I am trying to build a strong profile since MBA is a big investment for me.
Post-MBA goal: I would like to pursue a career in strategy consulting in Europe.

Nationality:
Greek
Education: B.Sc. in Marketing and Communication at Athens University of Economics and Business (Top B-school in my country) - GPA: 9.2/10 (3,7/4)- Top 2% of my class

Assistant brand manager (15 months) at a multinational toy manufacturing company (with famous brands worldwide)
Assistant brand manager (18 months) & Assistant advertising manager (4 months-present) at one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in Europe

All the above positions were requiring high interaction and cooperation with colleagues and partners from Europe & US, but I don't know if this is enough since INSEAD is too oriented at international experience.

Languages:

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

The profile looks good and I think your goals also align with the School's USP. A valid GMAT score and your extracurricular/ leadership experiences would be also needed for a proper evaluation of the profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
kondim92 wrote:
Dear all,

Nationality:
Greek

Languages:

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

Also there are other ways in which working in a diverse culture can be brought out in your application. The international experience you have sounds good to me.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
kondim92 wrote:
Dear all,

Nationality:
Greek

Languages:

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

Hi Konstanatina,

You come across as a strong candidate for INSEAD. You have a great GPA and that should be followed with a 700+ GMAT score. Your work experience sounds interesting and differentiated although your post does not give the details about your achievements and impact. One of INSEAD's key criterion is leadership potential, so your work experience should reflect your leadership capabilities.
The other important criterion ofcourse is international exposure. If you are constantly working with international teams, then I don't see an issue here. You will have to demonstrate in your application that you can openly work with culturally different people and adapt to such environments.

Another important question for INSEAD is, what do you do outside of work? How have you developed yourself? You have not made a mention of your extracurricular pursuits, but I hope they are meaningful and substantial.

Now, you should get the GMAT out of the way, giving yourself enough room to retake in case your score is not great the first time around. INSEAD has some requirements related to the GMAT- do look up their website if you are not already aware of these.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
Send PM
I have currently applied to other Asian schools. Before applying, wanted to know your opinions if I would really stand a chance Insead, Below is a sneak peek of my profile.

Indian Applicant - GMAT/X/XII/Engineering: - 710/88.6%/85.4%/74.4%. 4.5 years in Business Development and Supply chain operations. No International experience, however have worked with teams and clients across Europe and North America and currently even lead a team of 3 based out of US. Decent extra-curriculars.

Post MBA: Switch Industry and foray into Strategic/Technology Consulting.
Current App statuses: ISB – Waitlist, CEIBS – Admit, NUS – Awaiting Final results.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
Daboo: Sonu
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi
Could anyone one evaluate my profile
Indian Male 31 have 6+ year of experience in public sector unit in India
Engineer gpa 8.44 gmat 730
4+ year in operations and responsible for power plant operations.
Later promoted and given the leadership role to lead electronics section at our Bauxite Mining unit.
Here 2+ year in General Management role.
won 2 awards "Sarjan" for improving plant performance.
gave solutions to many longstanding problems.
But no International Experience
Am I competitive enough for INSEAD.
my post mba goal is to work as operations consultant in energy sector.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi All,

Can you please share your evaluation of my profile for INSEAD.
1. Is 720 GMAT enough?
2. Does it make sense to apply for R3 in Jan 18 or R1 in Mar 18 for Jan 19 intake?

Background:
Indian, 26, Male
Chemical Engineer (IIT Bombay) - GPA - 8.0/10
GMAT- 720 (Q-49, V-40)

Work Ex- (Total 4 years)

Associate Manager - Product Supply, P&G India, - 2 years 5 months
Production line manager (2 years)
1. Led a team of 45 technicians
2. Managed major organization restructuring without impact on line performance
Engineering Project Manager (5 months)
1. Managing the installation of a new product line with an accelerated project schedule
2. Managing several other projects and feasibilities to support business growth
3. Attended a liquid packing technology school in France (Class of 20 from 17 countries)

Field Engineer, Schlumberger Oilfield Services - 1.5 years
(Based in Saudi Arabia)
1. Led a multinational crew of 4-5 operators to design and execute onsite operations. ( Both Onshore and Offshore)
2. Worked in a team of 8 engineers from 7 countries to manage the operation of well integrity technology segment.
3. Was given a fast track promotion in recognition of my quick learning and demonstration of leadership.
4. Attended Well Integrity Technology - Operations School (6 weeks) in Abu Dhabi with a multinational team

Extracurriculars
1. Contingent Leader - IIT Bombay, Inter-IIT sports meet (We won the championship!)
2. Captain and Secretary, IIT Bombay Volleyball team
3. Institute Student Mentor, IIT Bombay

Others
1. Long distance running - Enjoy X- country runs, Ran my first half marathon in Feb 17, planning a full marathon in Feb 18
2. Sports - Won several honors and awards in college and school for sports

Thank you
Anurag
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
hanielprabhakar wrote:
I have currently applied to other Asian schools. Before applying, wanted to know your opinions if I would really stand a chance Insead, Below is a sneak peek of my profile.

Indian Applicant - GMAT/X/XII/Engineering: - 710/88.6%/85.4%/74.4%. 4.5 years in Business Development and Supply chain operations. No International experience, however have worked with teams and clients across Europe and North America and currently even lead a team of 3 based out of US. Decent extra-curriculars.

Post MBA: Switch Industry and foray into Strategic/Technology Consulting.
Current App statuses: ISB – Waitlist, CEIBS – Admit, NUS – Awaiting Final results.

Hi Haniel,

I remember seeing your posts on another forum as well :)

As I understand the situation, logistically it might be impossible for you to compare all your results together. You will have to decide about one among the three even before your INSEAD results are out.

So see how much sense it makes to apply to INSEAD.

In terms of your profile, its hard to say anything about your fit with INSEAD without knowing the details about your work experience in more detail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Jan'19 intake. I am concerned if my GMAT score is low for INSEAD and if I should re-take it. Here is a quick summary of my profile:-

GMAT- 730 (Q50, V38)
Educational Background- Engineering
- GPA: 3.1
- Placement head of the college
- Disciplinary committee only student volunteer
- Cultural festival convenor
- Interned at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad for 3 months

Professional experience - Management Consulting (Healthcare and Financial services industry, 4.5 years as of now)
- Have travelled to US for a month for a client project
- Have been traveling to South Africa for past 2 years consistently (1-3 month trips) for client management and firm business development
- Managing a team since last 2-3 years

Community service - Working with a global NGO (with the CEO directly) on Digital marketing and partnerships for approximately 8-9 months now

Post MBA plans - Consulting Industry with a focus on emerging markets such as Africa and Asia.

Would request your help for profile evaluation for INSEAD Jan'19 Intake. Thanks
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ravi, I really like your profile for INSEAD very much. The average GMAT for INSEAD is 700 and I would say that for Indians you would want to tack on 20 points minimum to be competitive. And so I think that 30 is enough however listen carefully, if you have a better test score in you without moving mountains to get it absolutely retake. The score is good but if this was your first attempt and you feel like you have the capability of doing better than I am standing on a table yelling you must do this. However - I do not want for you to become obsessed with getting a better score at the expense of working on your essays. Start those soon if not now. This is a very long application and one of the ways you could truly distinguish yourself is by doing a solid job on that: make you sure those recommendations are really on point getting a third letter just excelling in the area of introspective essays. Because no one is going to pound the table to insist upon admission for someone's GMAT score you have to first get them interested in you. I like that you really meet all there four criteria in terms of academics, leadership, contribution and international orientation. Your GPA is a little bit low, and I'm a little bit more concerned about that more than I am your GMAT. I wish that your verbal was past the 40 threshold however so if you have had some experience in public speaking and things of that nature bring that to light. Obviously the school is a great fit for you in terms of consulting and your desire to continue in consulting I think all around. I guess my main concern would be that you need to have a goal that necessitates an MBA. They consider these seats to be scarce resources and so it's important for you to articulate why you need this. Do you have any plans to go into PE after exiting consultant potentially? We need something along those lines.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach - Thanks for the quick response. Yes, my long term goal is to move to PE and that's why I want to work in emerging marketsgaining a better understanding of these markets. A MBA will help me in this transition.

I have had significant exposure in terms of public speaking, for instance - during my undergrads as a part of the Training and placement office head and also as a part of the college's cultural festival.

Professionally, at my current and previous employers, I have had multiple opportunities to organise and host training sessions for junior and senior colleagues. I also manage a team which has colleagues from India, China, Africa and US.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.5
Background:
31, Female
Commerce graduate from Delhi university
Gmat score
Two attempts:
650: Q49, V29
650: Q42, V35

Professional background
Ten years of business research experience in consulting firms such as McKinsey and Deloitte.
Post MBA goal:
Long term goal: To become a consultant in organisation behaviour with HR consulting firms.
Started my firm of personalised greeting cards for a year.
ECA:
Yoga teacher for kids
Lead a voter awareness campaign for a year
Have been consistently involved with social causes such as wellness programs and social campaigns

While I was hoping to get above 700, I’m pretty exhausted to give another attempt. Does it still make sense to apply with this score or wait out for a year till I can take another gmat attempt. In which case, I will use this year to become a yoga teacher for adults and to gain international experience in my firm (which I currently don’t have enough of).

Since I’m already 31, I’m not sure if missing a year would make sense.

It would be really helpful if you could get back to me with a solution.

Nancy

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nancy, your age is a bit of a hindrance if you're applying to US schools but pretty on track if you're applying to European schools. So it kind of depends on which route you're taking.

However if you apply to US schools you just have to increase your GMAT and there's just no question about it. 650 is not great, and especially for an Indian woman it's super not great.

That said, INSEAD is one of the few schools that will consider all your scores and kind of mix and match the Quant and verbal which is advantageous in your case.

It's an absolute gamble and you would have to just kick ass on that application. If you can't work on it with a consultant then I just don't think you should do it at all. And please for the love of God do not apply to round 3 that is going to be certain death. It's just not a great round for over-represented people so wait for round one in March, and in the meantime 1. work on your application materials, and 2. mix it up with the GMAT whatever it is you're doing isn't working right so involve yourself for the tutor group study find another approach. I would really love for you to figure out what the title is you're going for in those organizations and hop on LinkedIn and get in touch with the people that you would be wanting to sell your degree to.

make sure that your ideas are correct here and that INSEAD is going to get you to where you want to be. It could be that they might say they recruit at Vanderbilt and in which case you might be competitive there, check into your assumptions.

If you were to wait for a year I don't think that teaching yoga for adults is going to be the way to win the game here you need to get some experience with relationship to your goal, unpaid internship whatever it takes community leadership experience as an HR consultant, you need to be doing the thing so adcom sees this narrative makes sense or choose a different goal for the purpose of your applications.

One possibility is to try your luck this year with your current GMAT but if top schools, only go for European schools because the GMAT is just too high and US schools for you to have any traction. Focus on January term, INSEAD, HEC, IE, potentially Rotterdam.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  70   
Moderator:
3699 posts