Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
atulsunilanand wrote:
shriavi wrote:
Background
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian

Education Info
Degree : B.Tech-M.Tech.(Dual Degree), IIT Kanpur
Stream : Mechanical Engineering
GPA : 3.44 (UG), 3.72 (PG)

GRE : 332(170Q, 162V, 4AWA) (equivalent to 760 in GMAT)

Work Experience (total 2 years)
- Started working as a business analyst in a Fortune 500 company(Financial Analytics). – 1.5 years, Also received a few awards while working.
- Then I switched to securities analyst in world’s largest (or one of the biggest) investment bank.- 6 months : I’d try for an promotion this year but seems difficult.

Co-Curricular activities
* Basically not much going on (recently) However, during my undergraduate time, I was part of college society, teaching under-privileged school kids from nearby villages.
* I was part of NCC(National cadet Corps) group of college during first year, where we carried out many awareness rallies in villages and plantation/cleanliness drives.
* I also taught kids from villages during my school for 3 years at my home in my town.

Goal of MBA
* Motivation is to get a job at a PE/VC firm just after the graduation or in a hedge fund as a trader.
* Aspire to be a hedge fund manager or start my own fund in long term.

Is this the right time for an MBA ? Is this even a correct way to achieve what I aim for ?

I believe you will seen as too young and inexperienced for an MBA. People with only 2 years of experience do get in, but they are exceptional. There would be too many Indian, male consultants applying with equally high GMAT scores to you, so they will prefer those with more experience.

Have you considered a MiF degree?

I applied for MFE last year and got admit from Columbia, couldn't join because of personal reasons but I'm not sure if MFE is the right thing to do if you're planning for a PE/VC job, is it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Bookmarks
shriavi wrote:
atulsunilanand wrote:
shriavi wrote:
Background
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian

Education Info
Degree : B.Tech-M.Tech.(Dual Degree), IIT Kanpur
Stream : Mechanical Engineering
GPA : 3.44 (UG), 3.72 (PG)

GRE : 332(170Q, 162V, 4AWA) (equivalent to 760 in GMAT)

Work Experience (total 2 years)
- Started working as a business analyst in a Fortune 500 company(Financial Analytics). – 1.5 years, Also received a few awards while working.
- Then I switched to securities analyst in world’s largest (or one of the biggest) investment bank.- 6 months : I’d try for an promotion this year but seems difficult.

Co-Curricular activities
* Basically not much going on (recently) However, during my undergraduate time, I was part of college society, teaching under-privileged school kids from nearby villages.
* I was part of NCC(National cadet Corps) group of college during first year, where we carried out many awareness rallies in villages and plantation/cleanliness drives.
* I also taught kids from villages during my school for 3 years at my home in my town.

Goal of MBA
* Motivation is to get a job at a PE/VC firm just after the graduation or in a hedge fund as a trader.
* Aspire to be a hedge fund manager or start my own fund in long term.

Is this the right time for an MBA ? Is this even a correct way to achieve what I aim for ?

I believe you will seen as too young and inexperienced for an MBA. People with only 2 years of experience do get in, but they are exceptional. There would be too many Indian, male consultants applying with equally high GMAT scores to you, so they will prefer those with more experience.

Have you considered a MiF degree?

I applied for MFE last year and got admit from Columbia, couldn't join because of personal reasons but I'm not sure if MFE is the right thing to do if you're planning for a PE/VC job, is it?

To be perfectly blunt, it's highly unlikely that you'll secure a PE/VC/HF role post-MBA with only 6 months pre-MBA finance experience. An MFE might make more sense as it'll get you a pathway to a more junior finance role (analyst at an investment bank or junior trader), which you can leverage for a different role.

Although fair warning, the pathways into PE, VC, and HFs are all very different, so do your research before you start making moves.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi..I'd love to have some feedback on my profile. Thanks.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post-MBA Goals – I’d love to work in the Consulting Sector after my MBA (specifically Strategy Consulting)

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Hi all!

I'd like to kindly request you for your review of my profile for LBS.

Background:
Male from the Philippines
Age 25
GMAT 700
GPA: 3.19

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Management from a Top 3 School in the Philippines. Was in an honors course which comprises of the top 15% of all students in the university.

Work Experience: Worked 3.5 Years (4 by matriculation)

1st Job - Large International Bank based in London and Singapore
Started out as a graduate trainee in the bank for a 1.5 year program including a 3 month stint abroad doing projects. Left the bank as a project manager handling all project management and governance and control functions for a unit of the bank.

2nd Job - Top 15 Local Bank in the Philippines
Was recruited to help start the Investment Banking (focused on Capital Markets) business of said bank. Part of a 2 man team which grew the office from start-up to becoming a top-10 player in the industry also increasing revenues by 400% y-o-y. Currently Officer in Charge of the division since the retirement of previous boss handling all aspects of the unit from business (originating and executing Capital Markets transactions) to administrative work (Person in charge of the unit for compliance, risk, audit, and other non-business functions.

Extra curricular - Avid traveler. Play a lot of sports (Tennis, Muay Thai, Football etc.), and played some competitively. Consulted for a large local NGO as part of previous internship experience and some volunteering efforts.

Post MBA - Continue working in Investment Banking in M&A or Capital Markets in a large foreign institution. Plan B would be to go into Management Consulting (have previous experience in the field from internships). Long term goal would be to return to the Philippines and join a local bank to lend my skills to improve investment sophistication in the local market and financial literacy among investors.

Thanks all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello guys!

I am an Indian female, have done my engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in the country, my gpa is little on the lower side.

1. Have been working since December 2015 for my family business. I run a team of around 80 faculties at four educational institutions. I also work as the Management head of the institution which has around 1300 students.

2. I co-own and NGO which works for the welfare of the tribal people. Have been awarded for two consecutive years by MLA and district governing body. Also worked under the district governing bodies for country’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and mission Indradhanush.
Organised Blood donation camps.

3. State level player of chess as well swimming. Zonal level athlete.

4. Worked as student coordinator for technical and cultural feat in the college for two consecutive years in the marketing and public relations stream respectively led a team of 80 students.

Chief editor of college magazine.

President of two different clubs at college and led a team of 90 people.

Awarded best speaker in the Model United Nations debate.
Best orator in the South zone.

Kindly evaluate my profile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I am utterly confused about school selection and need help from experts regarding my admission with scholarship chances at b-schools.
Hope to receive your able guidance. My profile is as follows:

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40)
TOEFL: 115
Wrok-Ex: 74 months till date
Qualification: Bachelors in Electrical Engg. from Indian University
Industry: Manufacturing

About Employer: My current firm is one of the biggest heavy electricals manufacturing firm in India, semi-government. We are primarily manufacturers in the Power sector and Transportation industry.

My work Profile: Engineering (Locomotives design in the transportation sector. Have been part of many large-scale projects with many team-leading experiences)

Highlight: Currently leading a EUR-47 million project for India's latest locomotives of German design with Indian Railways as clients. Client-side negotiations in technical domain are very common in my profile.

Two work-related revenue-generating initiatives.

*** International Work-Ex: I do not have any experiences of work abroad. However, I am working with a Russian team on a revamping project that I am leading. In the pas, I have had worked on two Make-In-India projects (an initiative of Indian Government towards foreign investments in India) with Japanese teams.
Also, once I was selected for an inspection tour and visited a Japanese firm for a fortnight.
Besides this, I frequently liaise with foreign vendors for procurement of equipment. Most vendors are European.

But EVEN then, I have NOT travelled abroad.

Extra-curriculars are plenty. I have been associated with theatre. I write poems as a hobby. I have had many event-organisational experiences like being the School Head Boy, leading college festivals etc.

Please suggest my chances at following b-schools:

1) LBS
2) INSEAD
3) Cambridge - Judge

4) Harvard
5) Kellogg
6) Haas
7) Fuqua
8) Darden

I would be obliged to receive your help.

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I intend to apply for the MBA class of 2020 (2018 intake). Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

WE : Will complete 6 years by the time I start school ( September 2018)

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V39, IR 6)

International exposure: Have never had the opportunity to work abroad, but have worked in cross functional teams throughout.

Education: Post Graduate Diplioma in Banking (CGPA 8/10)
Bachelor of Technology: (CGPA 6.1/10)

Professional Experience:
> 3 years at ICICI Bank (India's leading Private sector bank) as a Corporate Credit Risk Analyst. Here I was involved in various processes over the 3 years. (Risk monitoring, Governance, QA, Regulatory, Reporting to Senior Management etc)
> 2 years at Barclays India. Areas of work include Compliance, Risk Assessment, and Project Management

Both the roles above involved liaising with cross functional teams in London, Singapore, Canada, U.S., Bahrain etc.

Extra- Curricular:
Have been involved in CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in educating underpriviliged kids (among other activities) at various company-empanelled NGOs. Have also been involved in local social work organised within the residential community.

Active participant in sports throughout my school years. University captain of the football team along with being chief sports coordinator.

My biggest fear is that my overall academic record is rather weak and I would like to know what I could do to overshadow this. Is the steady improvement after graduation enough? Does the 730 in GMAT help? I have also recently completed an Executive Education course from Judge Business School, Cambridge - sponsored by my company.

Would love to hear some views. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, Everybody,

I would be really glad to hear your feedback about my profile. I would like to apply for MBA at LBS starting in the autumn of 2018.

Current age: 30
Work experience:
- Various roles (Sales, Project management, Supply Chain, Mergers and Acquisitions) within leading aero-engine manufacturer. I have managed to deliver quantifiable deliverables in each of my roles - including a $2bn of benefits in my current role. Worked in Germany and UK
- Total approx. work experience at time of application ~6 years

Education:
B.A (Bulgaria/Germany, merit) Business Management and M.Sc (Singapore, top of the class) in Supply Chain Management

Other:
Started own business in UK, distributing an innovative supplement. Established supply chain for the product and launched with major retailers. Achieved break-even in 2 yrs
Partner in an infrastructure project for development of new airport in Bulgaria. Engaged and negotiated with investors form Asia, created the business plan for the project
Advisor at a start-up for chatbot technology
Contributing for charity organisation helping African businesses
Launched Leadership Programme for high school students in Bulgaria
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified, Project Management in Practice certificate

Race/nationality: White / Bulgarian
Sex: Male
GMAT Score: 650

Goal of MBA: Launch own business. In short-term, join a VC to get exposure to start-up culture and practices
Target Schools: INSEAD, Cambridge CJBS, Oxford, Kellogg, LBS (one year long programs)

Thank you in advance for your time and support!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Dear all,

I am briefly summarizing my profile, looking for your feedback regarding the LBS MBA

Background and nationality
Turkish national, 27 yo, love discussions and suck at sports, grew up in Turkey, 1Y high school exchange in US, living in Austria since 9 years

Undergrad Information
graduated from Bachelors in Technical University of Vienna in Business Informatics with GPA 3.53 (one of the best universities in Europe in Computer engineering). Prior to University I have spent 1 year in US as an AFS exchange student, during which time I was very active in extracurricular activities/ volunteering. I volunteered in AIESEC and AFS during my undergrad, served as team leader in AIESEC for a semester leading 5 volunteers. I was in Brazil for a social responsibility project where I had to teach in Portuguese and head to Brazil without knowing a word. In this project I was responsible for designing and facilitating workshops in 3 different NGO run schools. This so far was my greatest leadership demonstration to be honest with

GMAT:
710 Q49 V40

Work experience and leadership
Altogether excluding internships 3.5 years of work experience of which 1 year in IT Consulting 2.5 in corporate banking(front office large corporates) this 2.5 years were incorporating 1 year of traineeship and half year of long term internship(same responsibilities as my full time job). 4 different internships prior my work experience á 1 month.

I have graduated from the traineeship program of the bank. The program is offered with the academic partner Vienna University of Business and Economics, some of the courses from their executive MBA are incorporated in the traineeship program and graded by them. I have finished the program as top of the class with a 4.0 GPA.

Here is my problem, working as a junior for all these years (recently and informally promoted to an associate) I have hard time identifying leadership during my career. I can think of few occasions during my traineeship but that is basically it. I have to admit after trying to start some initiatives and make change in the organization, and always being cut by basically everyone around me, I gave up trying to demonstrate leadership or make a change and ceased to identify my self with the Organisation I am working during the last 12 months. One of my motivations to join an MBA program to boost my skills in leadership and get active again

Community and others
Additionally to what I have mentioned in my undergrad section, I have helped refugees settling in and orientating in Vienna for a very brief time recently.

Post MBA goals
Pursue an investment banking, PE or strategy consulting career with the purpose of achieving my lifetime goal of establishing an investment venture with few of my colleagues primarily investing in companies(soft infrastructure or essential goods) post-crisis situation contributing to reconstruction and redevelopment.

Anything else?
I love traveling, I go on a back packing mission every 2-3 years extending 4 weeks, mingling with the locals trying to stay out of the main touristic ares. During my travels I take my DSLR with me and spend a lot of time taking pictures.

My next goal is to travel Africa (in one of the post-crisis regions) and offer pro bono services most probably in micro finance operations.

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
Daboo: Sonu
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi
Could anyone one evaluate my profile
Indian Male 31 have 6+ year of experience in public sector unit in India
Engineer gpa 8.44 gmat 730
4+ year in operations and responsible for power plant operations.
Later promoted and given the leadership role to lead electronics section at our Bauxite Mining unit.
Here 2+ year in General Management role.
won 2 awards "Sarjan" for improving plant performance.
gave solutions to many longstanding problems.
But no International Experience
Am I competitive enough for LBS.
my post mba goal is to work as operations consultant in energy sector.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V50
Send PM
Hey all,

I'd first like to say thanks for the help. I'm in the midst of applying for Msc Management and similar programs now and am looking for any suggestions on how to improve my applications / what to emphasise on my profile.

My Profile -
Asian-Singaporean, ethnic Chinese
GMAT: 780 (Q51, V45), AWA 5.5
Undergrad Degree: LLB Law, Durham University, UK (currently in my final year)
Grades: Low 2.1, 62% average
Extra-curricular activities:
- Participated in a few Europe business games, placed in finals for a couple challenges
- Various student club leadership positions at university (pretty law-related)
- captain of college basketball team (more of a school club thing rather than university-level competition)
Work Experience:
- 1 internship at a small tech startup
- 3 internships at big law firms in Singapore (M&A, Intellectual Property, Commercial work)
- 2 years in the Singapore military as a sergeant (probably will not emphasize this)

My weaknesses I feel would be my poor undergraduate grades and not-too-exemplary extra-curricular activities. Most of my previous work experience has been law-related as I've only recently come to a decision to not pursue the law path.

My dream in the long haul would be to do an MBA in the US at a reputable business school and work in the US afterward. My short-term goal would be to do an MiM in Europe, preferably London, and to go into consulting after for a few years, hopefully MBB but also at other firms such as Strategy&, etc.

The schools I am applying to are:
US, MBAs - HBS 2+2, Yale SOM
UK, MiM - LBS, LSE, Imperial College London
Paris, MiM - HEC Paris

Would like advice on my profile for Masters applications and the viability of me getting into these schools. Also on which schools would give me the best chance of getting into the MBB consulting firms, or if there are any schools I may have overlooked. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
hello
i would be thankful if you could evaluate my profile with respect to LBS

undergraduate: bachlors in
mechanical
engineering
10th grade score :84%
12th grade score :74%
undergraduste score : 74% (scored top of the class consistently for last 3 semesters), anna university

accomoplishments:founder and team leader of the colligate SAE supra team ,which took part in the annual fsae ( FORMULA 3 TYPE RACING EVENT ) .this involved me convincing the college to grant us the provisions for the development of a formula 3 racing car, assembling a tem of 23 students .. virtually develop a car in accordance to the rules laid down , get qualified through a strict qualification process and finally race at the national level .we secure 2in the state level for our virtual design and came 92/200 in the racing event . the racing tradition continues in the college even now ,4 years later

job :
year 1: worked for 6 months in physical testing and validation of vehicles in Mahindra and mahindra (leading vehicle manufacturer) .

year 1- now : working as CAE engineer ( computer aided analysis)
in RENAULT AND NISSAN joint venture . this has given me much required exposure of working with people who come from very diverse culture and involve constant interaction with people from france ,japan and india on a daily basis .

Leadership roles :

in a short span of 2.5 years i am trusted with the responsibility of
Spoc( single point of contact) for my domain for vehicles developed for india market .

and trusted with managing a team of 2 other engineers to provide delivery on time .

successfully trained a fresher .

entrusted with presenting the status report of the team to the manager

sucessfully created a employee recoginition program and used it to improve the employee satisfaction .

target gmat score :710

current gmat score :650 above

i know its been a long read .. but it was crtical that i put forward all my leadrship and mulicultural experience to you , so youbmay evaluate my fit for the program ..

again i would be very thankfule for your evaluation .. pls do let me know what i could do better to emsure a better fit

Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello

mechanical
engineering
undergraduste score : 74% (scored top of the class consistently for last 3 semesters), anna university

accomoplishments:founder and team leader of the colligate SAE supra team ,which took part in the annual fsae ( FORMULA 3 TYPE RACING EVENT ) .this involved me convincing the college to grant us the provisions for the development of a formula 3 racing car, assembling a tem of 23 students .. virtually develop a car in accordance to the rules laid down , get qualified through a strict qualification process and finally race at the national level .we secure 2in the state level for our virtual design and came 92/200 in the racing event . the racing tradition continues in the college even now ,4 years later

job :
year 1: worked for 6 months in physical testing and validation of vehicles in Mahindra and mahindra (leading vehicle manufacturer) .

in RENAULT AND NISSAN joint venture . this has given me much required exposure of working with people who come from very diverse culture and involve constant interaction with people from france ,japan and india on a daily basis .

Leadership roles :

Spoc( single point of contact) for my domain for vehicles developed for india market .

and trusted with managing a team of 2 other engineers to provide delivery on time .

sucessfully created a employee recoginition program and used it to improve the employee satisfaction .

i know its been a long read .. but it was crtical that i put forward all my leadrship and mulicultural experience to you , so youbmay evaluate my fit for the program ..

again i would be very thankfule for your evaluation .. pls do let me know what i could do better to emsure a better fit

Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello

mechanical
engineering

job :

Leadership roles :

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Profile Evaluation
Nationality – Indian
Gender – Female
Age – 28 (current)
GMAT – 730
Undergrad – Bcom (NM one of the top 5 colleges in India)
Chartered Accountant and candidate for CFA Level 2
Work Experience
A) Currently working with the shared services of one of the top 5 VC firms (from number of investments being made), VC fund size approx. INR 600 crores (USD 90m).
- Tenure – Since April 2017
- Handling the entire deal execution process from deal negotiation, conducting due diligence, to closure of the deal, working with portfolio companies for implementation of internal processes, attending board meetings of portfolio companies on behalf of the fund, etc.
B) PwC:
- Tenure – Since Jan 2013- March 2017
- Handling tax structuring, advisory and compliances for globally mobile individuals.
- Streamlined the tax structuring for a technology conglomerate to enable yearly savings of approximately USD 1 million in taxes
- Independently handling execution of yearly compliances for clients with a team of 3 people
- Handling tax assessments and representations before government authorities for HNIs, and structuring of their taxes
- Awarded the PwC Experience Award for taking initiative and implementation of PAN India software to enable reduction in time, efficiency and standardization to the process.
C) Proprietary CA firm
- Tenure – Since 2008 – 2012 - internship; for like 6 months as an employee
- Handling audit and tax assignments

D) Have also done audit assignments on freelance basis of large Indian Public sector banks

Extra-curriculum
- Painting and sketching (don’t have any formal contests, or anything), and Astrology (I am quite keen on learning it and taking some formal online lessons)

Post MBA goals
To work in a VC as an Investment Analyst; and thereafter in some years start my own business

Primary reason for an MBA
To gain international exposure and make a shift to the VC / PE space

I have been offered a finance role in one of the portfolio companies (series B Company – funded by Seqouia) of the VC fund with a decent pay and some stocks.

I am inclined to take it – majorly because of the pay, as at the VC firm I don’t see any growth financially

I am looking to target Schools
- Kellog (one year MBA)
- INSEAD
- LBS

Please do let me know my chances and whether taking up the job at the start up would impact negatively my chances to a B School

Thanks ….
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q167 V161
Send PM
Please find below my profile for evaluation. Highly appreciate for this great help.
Nationality: Indian; Male 27 yr
Undergrad: Btech Civil, from 5th ranking National institute of Technology, with CGPA 9.15/10
Work experience: Employed in India's premium Oil &Gas Consultancy (a Public sector undertaking) since 2012 (work exp of 5 yrs)
The entire work exp can be broken down into 2 parts :
1. Construction site experience
a. Posted for 1 year at the site for Strategic storage of Crude oil (at Mangalore India) wherein facilities were being constructed to store crude in underground caverns. Job responsibilities included contract handling, site inspection (including inspection in underground rock caverns) , quality control, implementation of safety at site.
b. Posted for 1.5 years at a refinery expansion project ( Kochi, India) wherein entrusted with the civil structural works for the important Crude distillation unit of refinery. Job responsibilities included preparation of a green field site, handling of a contract amounting to 35 million USD which involved leading a team of 15 persons, site inspection, progress monitoring & expediting, material inspection within & outside site, billing ( completed billing of the value of 14 million USD) quality control.
2.Design office experience ( work exp 2.5 yrs , continued till date)
a. Leading a team of 6 persons ( for the civil portion) to provide EPCM services for the upcoming Refinery & Petrochemical project in Nigeria ( largest project in entire Africa) Job responsibilities include designing of underground facilities & utilities, preparation of drawings , imparting training to the Nigerian counterparts , progress monitoring, providing assistance to site construction engineers, constant interaction with client.
I don't have any on site International job experience.
GMAT: 740
Extracurricular: Not much to show. Have received professional training in Harmonium ( completed 4 professional exams), actively performed in various cultural activities during schooling, during college my team was one among the top 3 teams of west India in the INSDAG competition( an all India competition for steel design)
Post MBA goal : I want to shift from Oil & gas industry ( as all countries are moving from oil towards more environmental friendly options) and enter into strategy consulting and have an inclination to enter into M&A roles ( would explain more efficiently while writing my essays)
Once again thank you for your help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Profile Evaluation – 8.5 years work ex
Hi,

Thank you for your advice here. Here are my details:

GMAT – 730 Indian, Male, 33 Years
Education
Undergraduate – Comp Science Engineering – New Delhi, India – Non – IIT – 2007
Graduate – Master of Financial Engineering – Univ of California, Berkeley – Haas School of Business – 2013

Work Ex:
Total about 8.5 years for now. Pre Masters was as a trader in multiple banks in India – 4 years. Post Masters – 4.5 - Risk Management – including consulting.
Current Role: Major bank in NY – Risk management role
Steady career progression in terms of designations and titles.

Extra Curriculars –
- Dance – Performances and Shows
- Business(in NY) – Been associated with businesses that ran for a while- some profitably, some not so much – Lots of experience in what takes to buy a business, hire staff, manage bottomline etc etc.
Target Schools
- London – (R3-2018 or R1-2019) - MBA
- INSEAD (maybe)
Post MBA Plans
- Investment Management
- VC – Given that I bought, ran and sold businesses in past few years might give me a shot?

Q1. I am pretty high on work experience when compared to average. What are the biggest challenges for applying with high work ex?
Q2. Only looking for 1 year or about same duration programs. Are the target schools feasible?
Q3. Is it worth trying for R3/R4 for 2018 session?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30