Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Waitlisted
14 Dec, 2017
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 590 Q43 V28
GPA: 3.52
WE:Operations (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Congrats to everyone admitted so far. I think we should hook up on a https://gmatclub.com/chat or facebook group to discuss further actions such as funding, deposits etc.
Waitlisted
16 Oct, 2017
16 Dec 2017, 01:32
Private, GPA: 3.65; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Applied on 16 Oct '17 but have not received any response yet.

I submitted my application with all required unofficial reports.

Could anyone please let me know if the Official gmat reports/ transcripts are compulsory before the decisions are made.

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sk2205 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I applied to Rotman on 15th October (R1 Deadline). It has been almost 2 months since I submitted my application. Haven't heard back from them yet. Neither Reject nor Admit!
Does Rotman take that long to announce results?

Hi there!

I also applied on 15th Oct and I heard from them a couple of hours ago.

I would say wait and be positive. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
samriddhi03s wrote:
Applied on 16 Oct '17 but have not received any response yet.

I submitted my application with all required unofficial reports.

Could anyone please let me know if the Official gmat reports/ transcripts are compulsory before the decisions are made.

Thanks a lot.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hey! You don't need to submit the official docs until you get the admit. The unofficial docs will do.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
sk2205 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I applied to Rotman on 15th October (R1 Deadline). It has been almost 2 months since I submitted my application. Haven't heard back from them yet. Neither Reject nor Admit!
Does Rotman take that long to announce results?

Hi there!

I also applied on 15th Oct and I heard from them a couple of hours ago.

I would say wait and be positive. :)

yo what did they say ?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
mbsingh wrote:
yo what did they say ?

They said "Dude, well we are not sure about you yet. We think let's put you on waitlist so that we can think about you and let you know." ;)
Waitlisted
15 Oct, 2017
16 Dec 2017, 14:19
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 6 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I would like to say thank you to everyone here, your posts have been tremendous help during my application process.

I applied to Rotman in October before my scheduled GMAT test date, and I received the interview invite after my unofficial score came out on the 21st of November. Had my interview over Skype with Chris Jones on the 5th of December, and at the end of the interview he said I could expect a result before their campus closing for the holiday.

But he sent me a text message yesterday asking me if I would be available next Monday, and that he would like to "chat with me in person regarding my applications decision". I'm quite curious as I'd assumed they would simply send me an email whether they want me or not. Had this happened to any of you guys?

A little bit about my profile:
Chinese applicant
Bachelor Degree from the States, Finance/Accounting Major, 3.58 GPA
IELTS 8, although I don't need it
GMAT 660 48/33, lower than the class average :(
2 years work experience in sports industry as an project manager/event coordinator
5 years in a liquor trading/distribution company, started as a product manager for imported wine, now overseeing the marketing and sales too
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
torryxu wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I would like to say thank you to everyone here, your posts have been tremendous help during my application process.

I applied to Rotman in October before my scheduled GMAT test date, and I received the interview invite after my unofficial score came out on the 21st of November. Had my interview over Skype with Chris Jones on the 5th of December, and at the end of the interview he said I could expect a result before their campus closing for the holiday.

But he sent me a text message yesterday asking me if I would be available next Monday, and that he would like to "chat with me in person regarding my applications decision". I'm quite curious as I'd assumed they would simply send me an email whether they want me or not. Had this happened to any of you guys?

Chinese applicant
2 years work experience in sports industry as an project manager/event coordinator
5 years in a liquor trading/distribution company, started as a product manager for imported wine, now overseeing the marketing and sales too

Really interesting @torryxu. Keep us posted. And all the best :)
Admitted
12 Dec, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 11:13
Private, GMAT: 710, Q49, V37; WE: 60 months; United Arab Emirates; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.09
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Question to everyone who has got an acceptance. Did you use Rotman's resumé template? It puts education before work experience. I have been working for 7 years since my undergrad and I feel it doesn't make proper chronological sense to put that old an education before my recent work experiences. Please suggest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
rakibullah wrote:
Question to everyone who has got an acceptance. Did you use Rotman's resumé template? It puts education before work experience. I have been working for 7 years since my undergrad and I feel it doesn't make proper chronological sense to put that old an education before my recent work experiences. Please suggest.

I didn't even bother to check their template. I had one from Fuqua and used the same. Having said that, putting education first up is quite standard for MBA resumes. You can have things listed chronologically under the Work Experience section.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
torryxu wrote:
Hi everyone,

Chinese applicant

Hi there,
Before i received my offer, I got an email from my interviewer asking if I would be available for a phone call in the next couple of minutes.
Your situation is indeed rare and interesting but I would guess if it's bad news, they are less likely to talk to you in person. If they haven't made a decision and want to have a second interview, then take it as an opportunity.
All the best :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Kudos
Just received the call and got admitted, no scholarship though.
See you guys next August!
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 07:52
Private, GMAT: 660, Q48, V33; GPA: 3.58; WE: 87 months; China; via Phone [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
It's been a while since I posted something here: https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca

I decided to break it down into multiple articles or the post will be too long. Started with our Rotman Term 1 - Social Life. Keep checking within this break for more articles <3
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts