Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ASU is best rated out of these.
I would definitely pick the school with the full scholarship. I think you will do great in that field since few people from top-rated schools usually want to pursue SCM.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
sidceg wrote:
Hi,

I have got full rides with Smeal (PSU) and Carey (ASU) and little over 60% as fellowship in Broad. I want to get into SCM and weighing my options right now. Experts here, care to pitch in?

Thanks!

Congrats for your admit :-)

Are you international applicant or American? what is your short term goal? do you any preference for location or company?

You can search my replies over years for those schools.

Thanks @Mo2men!

Yes am an international student from India. I wanna get into SCM, preferably SCM consulting.

As for the location, I don't have very specific preferences. Personally, I'd wanna try a cold place as I come from a hot place.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I think If you want cold weather, then either Broad or Smeal is your destination. :lol:

My 2 cents. When it comes to SCM, there is other ranks that could support you and it is called Gartner. Hence, Broad tops all of them. This program has great reputation among industry. Also, in my view this program has more features that complement your study. The SC electives are more diverse so it will equip you with more knowledge and it has the largest SC staff in whole US schools. Those features somehow are less in Smeal ans Carey. I'm familiar with Smeal SCM as regular visitor to their executive education center. Carey has great reputation in South West with more service focus.

If you can afford or secure more scholarship from Broad, so It will be nice. If you can't, then Carey might be good choice for you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
ASU is best rated out of these.
I would definitely pick the school with the full scholarship. I think you will do great in that field since few people from top-rated schools usually want to pursue SCM.

Thank you bb!

From what I spoke to people from both Smeal and W P Carey, Smeal students seemed better contended with their choice than W P Carey's. And the way I perceive, Smeal and Broad looks consistent with its placement records in Supply Chain.

Correct me if am wrong.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal? [#permalink]
Mo2men wrote:
I think If you want cold weather, then either Broad or Smeal is your destination. :lol:

My 2 cents. When it comes to SCM, there is other ranks that could support you and it is called Gartner. Hence, Broad tops all of them. This program has great reputation among industry. Also, in my view this program has more features that complement your study. The SC electives are more diverse so it will equip you with more knowledge and it has the largest SC staff in whole US schools. Those features somehow are less in Smeal ans Carey. I'm familiar with Smeal SCM as regular visitor to their executive education center. Carey has great reputation in South West with more service focus.

If you can afford or secure more scholarship from Broad, so It will be nice. If you can't, then Carey might be good choice for you.

Thank you Mo2men! That was detailed. What do you think about Smeal? Though ASU has got better rankings, I couldn't feel that vibe from its students/alumni. I'm wondering why.

And yes, cold weather does interests me :)
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
Mo2men wrote:

Thank you Mo2men! That was detailed. What do you think about Smeal? Though ASU has got better rankings, I couldn't feel that vibe from its students/alumni. I'm wondering why.

And yes, cold weather does interests me :)

I attended Smeal MBA class one day. I did not like the program, although I like its supply chain executive program and center. I feel lack a lot of other programs like in Broad and Carey. Honestly, I do not have info about Carey nor contacts. It has reputation in Supply chain but when I look to full program, I find the electives are not interesting and do not complement the whole SCM courses. Again, it is only my perception about Carey.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts