Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Got a couple of questions about the cover letter- What address are you guys using (Mr. Rod Garcia's address)? Also, in a formal business letter, you actually sign the document. Are you guys actually signing the letter?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
chestud13 wrote:
Got a couple of questions about the cover letter- What address are you guys using (Mr. Rod Garcia's address)? Also, in a formal business letter, you actually sign the document. Are you guys actually signing the letter?

This should suffice. 30 Memorial Dr, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA, MIT sloan school of management.

I am not signing my letter, just writing off my name.

Do we write our own address as well?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
GmatBawse wrote:
chestud13 wrote:

This should suffice. 30 Memorial Dr, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA, MIT sloan school of management.

I am not signing my letter, just writing off my name.

Do we write our own address as well?

I'm writing my own address. Most standard business correspondence letters have the senders address.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What are some applications where we can record the video essay and whose format can be uploaded in the application form? I am recording on Mac with quicktime. For some reason- the quality is very grainy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 2.9
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Quick question about the 'Introduction to Microeconomics' course grade.

I've taken Introduction to Economics, which covered both micro and macro. I also took Microeconomics (but it wasn't an introduction, it was a second year class). I'm assuming I need to put the latter's grade? Or can I get away with the former?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
ownersinc wrote:

I've taken Introduction to Economics, which covered both micro and macro. I also took Microeconomics (but it wasn't an introduction, it was a second year class). I'm assuming I need to put the latter's grade? Or can I get away with the former?

I also had a course which called Economics Theory. I checked the curricular and it does mix of Micro and Macro, so decided to put it as "Yes". Anyway, it won't hear but later could be explained if there would be any concern.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GmatBawse wrote:
What are some applications where we can record the video essay and whose format can be uploaded in the application form? I am recording on Mac with quicktime. For some reason- the quality is very grainy.

I did record by Iphone and later upload it as a .mov and did good job. I think if that's grainy in your case, it's most likely something wrong with you camera. You better try some other means.
Waitlisted
19 Dec, 2017
16 Jan 2018, 11:02
klaukee GMAT: 700, Q47, V39; GPA: 3.71; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Is there a grace period for the recommendation letters to reach Sloan, post the application deadline?

TIA
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ValKilmer wrote:
Is there a grace period for the recommendation letters to reach Sloan, post the application deadline?

TIA

It depends on the school. You could shoot them an email, request them for a grace period- explain the need for the grace period. That would make it easier for them to make it an exception.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ownersinc wrote:

I am going ahead and explaining them this in my optional part. If i have taken a course say "engineering economics" that covered the introduction, I would clarify that in the optional. This is helpful especially for courses for which the content may not be clear from course title. Say Mathematics 1, 2 etc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Submitted last night! Good luck to everyone else submitting right at the deadline :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey

Did anyone face issues uploading the video?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
i have two drafts of my cover letter:

1) i open talking about my father dying and as a result dedicating my career to drug discovery and then transition into my achievements what an MBA can help me do

2) I ask a position in the 2020 class and tells them where i currently work.

I feel like the latter is more of a cover letter, but i also recognize that this is the only essay for Sloan and wanted to include more of my motivations.

Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
GmatBawse wrote:
Hey

Did anyone face issues uploading the video?

Yeap, Upload stopped at 92% with the message "Your file was successfully uploaded". But the file saved in portfolio gives an error... I guess this is what happens when everyone starts uploading large files the last minute :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello... Please can anyone confirm if traveling to an interview location is compulsory. I live in Africa and traveling over , if i get an interview invite would be near impossible. Aren’t skype interviews available to applicants of MIT Sloan?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: MIT Sloan
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
vivophoenix wrote:
i have two drafts of my cover letter:

1) i open talking about my father dying and as a result dedicating my career to drug discovery and then transition into my achievements what an MBA can help me do

2) I ask a position in the 2020 class and tells them where i currently work.

I feel like the latter is more of a cover letter, but i also recognize that this is the only essay for Sloan and wanted to include more of my motivations.

Any thoughts?

I would have put the story about your dad in the video. I kept my cover letter much more professional and was a little looser with the video (i.e. some self deprecating humor)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts