Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MIT SDM 2018 Applicants [#permalink]
I guess that would be for response to the query, and not the decision!!

joejoejoe wrote:
YuvasriG wrote:
GG55 wrote:
I would send an email to confirm or call admissions before you wait until EOD.

I did, i got an automated response suggesting me to wait for 3-5 business days:-)

The email I received after I submitted my application simply stated that I will need to wait for the typical 8 weeks waiting timeframe. What was the 3-5 business days for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Hello all

Fellow aspirant here as well. Submitted for R1 but the application tracker says my payment wasn't made so I will have to check up on that.

Hope you all are having a dope weekend. The next 2 months are already making me nervous! :]

-
BMilkjam
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Correct!
[quote="OmFall2018"]I guess that would be for response to the query, and not the decision!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, Any idea on how soon they usually start contacting? i.e. for interviews, i guess.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GG55 wrote:
Guys, Any idea on how soon they usually start contacting? i.e. for interviews, i guess.

Judging by last year's timeline i suppose interviews will be requested around 12-15/Feb and decisions sent out by first week of March... but this is just an estimation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Great to see you guys here! I submitted my application two weeks back!

I am a re-applicant. I applied way back in 2015, with 3 years of experience. I was surprisingly invited for an interview and was eventually placed on a waiting list. They eventually choose someone with a higher experience than me. It was heartbreaking, but that's life. Hoping for the best this year! Let's keep each other company and help out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DragonJK wrote:

I am a re-applicant. I applied way back in 2015, with 3 years of experience. I was surprisingly invited for an interview and was eventually placed on a waiting list. They eventually choose someone with a higher experience than me. It was heartbreaking, but that's life. Hoping for the best this year! Let's keep each other company and help out.

Godspeed! That is awesome man. Yes, I get the feeling they give more preference to grades over academics. Do you know around when they usually invite for interviews?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Interview notifications should be start rolling out from first week of February if the weather permits. Usually by 10th February people should/start receiving invites. They usually have delays if the adCom can't meet due to bad weather.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
It seems the team has started the process of reviewing the application checklist, I received an email today morning regarding missing recommendation. It looks as if they are prompt this time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ssprabhjot wrote:
It seems the team has started the process of reviewing the application checklist, I received an email today morning regarding missing recommendation. It looks as if they are prompt this time.

That is awesome. Did you see it is in the application tracker or was an actual email?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an email this morning. Plus on the checklist i could see all other stuff was completed except this one recommendation. So, this can be inferred "process has started". All the best to all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ssprabhjot wrote:
I got an email this morning. Plus on the checklist i could see all other stuff was completed except this one recommendation. So, this can be inferred "process has started". All the best to all.

Yep. The same thing happened to me. I had been checking the Application Tracker for an update on my payment/GRE/GMAT scores & received an email from Admissions notifying me of a missing element (payment & recommendation letter). An hour (or less?) later the Application Tracker was updated online for the scores (but not the payment).

The team over there is definitely working hard to comb through all of the applications.

Good luck everyone!
:fingers_crossed:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone here applying for any other school and dept.? Just curious to know what other MEM programs are similar to SDM and we must try applying for them !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DragonJK wrote:

Hey there DragonJK. How did you know SDM chose someone with greater experience than you? Was the AdCom that open & transparent with you or did you find out through other means? Just curious.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received this today from SDM team "
We have received hard copies of your application materials and your application is now complete. You will hear from SDM Master's Admissions regarding your admission status eight weeks from the deadline . Please be in touch if you have any questions.

Best regards,
SDM Admissions Team"

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am not sure does that mean there are no interviews this time because the mail directly talks about results.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ssprabhjot wrote:
I am not sure does that mean there are no interviews this time because the mail directly talks about results.

As I understand it the interviews will occur around 4 weeks after your application is complete but full results will happen about 8 weeks after youve completed your application.

I suspect they use this language for a mass email since not everyone will be interviewed at all.

Congrats on the full application.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts