Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [2]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Hello ,
GERMAN female there, u have excellent academic, Extra curricular activities, work experience. Surely u can get admission from HEC, ESCP, LSE.. . Please contact the admission representative directly. Or. Reach them on FB, Instagram. Im 100℅. Confident u ll get the school of your chioce. All the best

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Kudos
glatzekatze wrote:
Hi GyanOne,

Thank you so much for offering help. I am currently thinking about where to do my master in fall 2017. I am hoping to get some advice about what to do during the next year, where to apply, how my chances are etc.

I am a 24 year old German female

Academic Background:

I have the German Abitur
I have a 4-languages diploma (though in 5 languages), I did after my Abitur. In Business English, French, Spanish, Russian and Italian. I cannot speak all of the languages anymore, since I did this diploma in 2011/2012, but I suppose they’d come back if I started to study them again.
Since my mother is half Greek and I am in Greece each year, I can also speak some basic Greek.
During this diploma, I consistently traveled, e.g. to Thailand, to Myanmar, United States etc., never for a long time, but always enough time to get several impressions.
Studies: Media and Communication Management at the Macromedia University of Applied Sciences. (Bachelor grade 2.1; GPA: 3.57/4) My bachelor thesis had the topic: The Potential of Hemp in the Textile Industry - An Empirical Analysis of the Sustainable Trend in Germany and how Hemp fits in. (Grade 1.3)
I know my grades are not the best, but since during my last 3 semesters, I only had grades better than 1.3 (except for one essay), I hope that I can somehow explain myself in my motivation letters and make up for it.
Semester abroad at National University in San Diego
Practical Semester at ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG (One of the biggest German mass media companies) as a Special Ad Sales Intern.
GMAT: This is an issue, I have taken it twice; first: 700 (Q45/V41), second (I cancelled it, so that I still have time to think about whether to take it or not): 700 again (Q48/38); I plan on taking the GMAT again in the middle of August, since I consistently scored 760+ on the GMATPrep practice tests.
Letter of Recommendation: I have one letter of recommendation from my lecturer whom I had in 5 classes (e.g. Entrepreneurship, HR,..). I think this letter will be considered as very good.

Practical Experience:

ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG Intern for 5 months. I mainly worked with SalesForce. I did presentations for clients, sold ads myself (I even had my own clients), made market research, did translation work, etc.
Studies: during my studies, we consistently worked together with clients from large companies, for which we made corporate designs, new marketing strategies.
Internships: I am currently applying for internships for the next year, I want to do 2 – 3 internships in different fields. I try to get an internship in a finance department, one in a VC and one maybe in marketing
Start-up: I am currently founding my own start-up based on my bachelor thesis. With this start-up we enter a competitive field of only one other company world wide; It’s about a special kind of fashion made of hemp. I hope we’ll be done by this winter and can start selling in February/March 2017. It is all about the future and the importance of being sustainable.

Extracurricular:

Mentally ill people: Since my father has a social company, I have always been involved in it. I have grown up with mentally ill people and have learned early how to provide the best help for them. I will also become a board member in the association this year. In the association we mainly plan events with the mentally ill people, do trips, etc.
Refugees: As the refugee wave came to Germany, a few friends and I organized a group of people who drove to the boarders and provided food and water to the refugees. I also plan to hire refugees to sew the fashion for the start-up (of course with fair wages), but I am not sure yet, if I will find suitable candidates.
Buddy Program: During my studies, I accompanied foreign people who came to Munich to study. I helped them with documents concerning their Visas, helped them to find suitable accommodation, helped them to find friends and to settle in Munich. (the students were e.g. from South Korea, Sweden…)
Dog’s Fashion Show: I don’t know if I should include it, but it emphasizes my interest in fashion and to face challenges. When I was 18 I organized a dog’s fashion show (for which I have designed the clothes and also sew them) with real dogs in front of a audience of several hundred people.
Theater: I have started to be in our theater club in school in 5th class and have continued ‘til the 11th, I have also had acting lessons for over 5 years. I think this could be relevant for presentation skills, since I have learned how to properly present myself.
(M)ein Englischer Garten: A project during my studies in which we proposed a way to connect the two parts of the English Garden in Munich.
Humans of Munich: Together with a photographer, I did an own interpretation of the famous project Humans of New York. We wanted to offer a new way to look at the Germans, since we are perceived as stiff and maybe boring. I conducted interviews, managed our social media channels and did the translation work. In only a couple of months, we had several articles in highly valued newspapers, radio interviews, more than 20.000 followers and a reach of (at our high time) over 100.000 people.
MinD/Mensa: Member of MinD/Mensa, which is an organization for intellectually gifted people around the world. To be accepted, you need to have an IQ over 130. Through this, you have the opportunity to get a high value network anywhere in the world.
Sports: Tennis Team Captain

I think that’s it, I don’t know if my interests should be included in my CV, but they would be: Aerial Hoop, piano (started at age 5), electrical guitar (started at age 12), diving (started at age 13), horseback riding (started at age 5), tennis (started at age 4), skiing (started at age 2), high interest in arts and photography (I modeled myself for a couple of years, for fashion and for art), traveling (I have been in over 25 countries and try to experience new cultures at least once or twice a year)

At the moment I am trying to make my CV somewhat more special, I am thinking of taking classes for programming C++ or Java, maybe a math or finance course at a university, since I barely had math in university.

I don’t know yet what would be the best for me to study. Mainly I thought about doing a Master in Management or Master in Finance. Maybe also an MBA, but I think that I don’t have sufficient work experience for it. Do you think I have any chances of getting into one of the top 10 management or finance programs? I thought about HEC, Insead, LBS, LSE and so on.

I would be so happy if you could help me to evaluate my profile and suggest me suitable universities and studies. I want to start in fall 2017 and apply during the first rounds because I have heard that in this round the chances of being accepted are highest.

Thank you so much in advance

U get the business school choice of u want. Surely you will get LSE, HEC, ESCP, Manheim, SSE. Just contact the school admissions officers directly. They will tell what u exactly have to do. Contact me Instagram @ragulcj.
All the best.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Can final year graduates apply for the MIM programs ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi

I am currently pursuing a dual degree in BE manufacturing and MSc Biology at BITS Pilani, India. I plan to apply for MiM in Europe. I'm looking for low tuition courses mostly. So my target schools include Vlerick Business School (Belgium), Antwerp Management School (Belgium), Kozminski University(Poland) and Maastricht University (Netherlands). I'm not targeting any of the top schools as their fees is considerably higher. Do you think I'm making a mistake here? I plan to work in Europe for 3-4 years after the degree and eventually work in India. So is it a wise choice to target local top schools?

It'd really help if you could evaluate my profile. I am yet to take GMAT but I am confident about scoring my target.

So, here's my profile.

GMAT ~ 700-720
CGPA at the time of application ~ 6.1-6.2/10
Experience working at a startup for about 8 months.
A learning internship in Marketing Management.
A content writing internship for 2 months.
I'll be doing one more internship before applying.
Beginning German course with a Satisfactory Grade (Out of satisfactory and unsatisfactory)
Courses in Finance like Fundamentals of Financial Accounting; Derivatives and Risk Management; Securities and Portfolio Management.

If it matters -
10th Std- 10 CGPA
12th Std- 90%

What are my chances? I know my academics are lacking. Anything constructive towards a better profile? Also what are my chances if I apply to ESCP or Esade?

Also, do I need to take IELTS if my college gives me a transcript stating that all courses were conducted in English? The college admissions do accept the transcript and hence no need for IELTS. But I read in some forums that IELTS is still required for VISA. Any leads would be really helpful!

Thanks!

I'd really appreciate your help
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sharmasharad795 wrote:
Can final year graduates apply for the MIM programs ?

Yes of course. It is students in the final year who apply to MiM programs, usually. MiM programs do not require work-ex.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
yashj wrote:
Hi

I am currently pursuing a dual degree in BE manufacturing and MSc Biology at BITS Pilani, India. I plan to apply for MiM in Europe. I'm looking for low tuition courses mostly. So my target schools include Vlerick Business School (Belgium), Antwerp Management School (Belgium), Kozminski University(Poland) and Maastricht University (Netherlands). I'm not targeting any of the top schools as their fees is considerably higher. Do you think I'm making a mistake here? I plan to work in Europe for 3-4 years after the degree and eventually work in India. So is it a wise choice to target local top schools?

It'd really help if you could evaluate my profile. I am yet to take GMAT but I am confident about scoring my target.

So, here's my profile.

GMAT ~ 700-720
Beginning German course with a Satisfactory Grade (Out of satisfactory and unsatisfactory)
Courses in Finance like Fundamentals of Financial Accounting; Derivatives and Risk Management; Securities and Portfolio Management.

If it matters -
10th Std- 10 CGPA
12th Std- 90%

What are my chances? I know my academics are lacking. Anything constructive towards a better profile? Also what are my chances if I apply to ESCP or Esade?

Also, do I need to take IELTS if my college gives me a transcript stating that all courses were conducted in English? The college admissions do accept the transcript and hence no need for IELTS. But I read in some forums that IELTS is still required for VISA. Any leads would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Hi Yash

Thanks for posting. Here are our perspectives:
- In our opinion, not applying to or targeting the top programs is a mistake. What you spend in terms of higher tuition fees is more than made up for by higher salaries and faster career growth after graduating from a top school. What you may instead like to do is get a strong GMAT score so you could get scholarships at some of the top schools, lessening your cost of education.
- Your CGPA is not great, so target not just 700, but more (possibly 720) on the GMAT, in order to be competitive for scholarships.
- Your chances at ESCP and ESADE should be good, but these are not the best schools you could aim for, though they are better than the ones you list initially. You should be looking at ESSEC, ESADE, St Gallen, and LBS with a 700+ GMAT.
- You dont really need to take the IELTS or TOEFL. Once you get an admit from a top school, that itself suffices in terms of your ability to speak and communicate fluently in English.
- As of now, study for the GMAT and focus on getting a good score there. And of course, plan diligently to meet early deadlines for the top MiM programs. These are now around 2 months away.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Hi,

I would like to know my chance to get in a MiM program, i'm aiming for the best possible school.
I just graduated cum laude from a joint bachelor's degree in Economics and Law, at the Toulouse School of Economics and University Toulouse 1 Capitole. At the time of my application, I will be pursuing a dual master's degree (first year of Master's degree, "M1" ) in Economics and Business Law, at TSE and University Toulouse 1 Capitole.
In France grades are out of 20, and my CGPA during my bachelor's degree was 13.725/20, ranked 6 out of 42 in the double degree.
Member of the junior enterprise at TSE.
English C2, TOEIC 990/990 (I plan on taking the TOEFL/IELTS as there are not a lot of schools who accept TOEIC). French mother tongue
Relevant coursework : Mathematics, statistics, econometrics, markets organization, micro/macroeconomics, business law, private law.

I don't have any internship or relevant work experience, only summer jobs (the explanation for this is my personal situation, have to work every summer to get money and help my parents).
Did not take the GMAT yet. What school could I get if score 700+ ? same question for 670-700

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 261
Send PM
Hello,

I have already contacted some b-schools with my updated CV (such as IE, EADA, Cranfield and ESCP) and all of them told me to apply. For instance, I had two skype sessions with EADA and IE, which were very helpful at clearing some of my doubts.

However, some doubts still remain, since some other schools don't provide any type of insight about our eligibility, which is understandable.

Anyway, my profile is a bit of a mess, to be honest, though I have been through a couple of very rough situations.

First of all, I'm 25 year-old and about to finish his bachelor in Economics with a 13/20 GPA (average in my country. Not great, not bad, but it's a grade that enables you to go to interviews at PwC and all that).
I took a lot longer than I wanted to finish it, but I have good reasons.
For instance, due to a deep financial crisis in Portugal, my mother lost her job and my parents filled for bankruptcy, so we lost our house, our car and any other assets we had at the time. Some time after that, my parents split up, so it was a little rough at the beginning to cope with all that.

Since there was no money, I had to stop studying and start working full time. I was lucky enough to secure a job which enabled me to live by myself. After some years, that company closed and I started my own company (a nursing home). So, I managed it -> 4 years of experience in management, not only related with accountancy, but I had also to employ physicians, lawyers and a civil engineer in order to get my project approved. Why? Because not only did I need money to live, but also to finance my studies in another country.

It all went well and I came back to college, though part-time (had to, since I was working 40/hours a week). Ok, gross part of my text: had a pilonidal cyst this year, so it was a really rough semester.

Until today, coupled with my company, I also helped a friend of mine create his own company (I have a good knowledge of the fiscal system of Portugal, so I advised him - he's a dentist - to do that and helped for almost 6 months until he had a good grasp on the subject) and also helped the daughter of my mother's boyfriend create her own company and take care of the accountancy.

So... apart from this, in college I belonged to its journal, where I wrote economic and political articles and was also a guitarist of its musical band.
I was also a swimmer at 2 major portuguese teams and a professional footballer (that is, until I had a hernia and had to stop playing football lol).

I created a team to participate in the Global Management Challenge of Portugal in 2012 and my team was the second best of its group (we were only beaten by EDP, which was the winning portuguese team of that year).

Also a bit of some more extracurricular activities, such as volunteering at a stray dog NGO. Was also a videogame analyst for a website that later became known as Eurogamer Portugal.

Anyway, scored 8/9 in IELTS and 760/800 in GMAT (though it was, I think, 4/5 years ago, so I'll be retaking the test soon) and I'll also be doing the Delf/Dalf (yeah, as you can see, I'm planning on going to France/Switzerland, maybe Belgium, though I don't exclude Spain, as I have a soft side for warm countries) and a couple of electives in Python, C++, etc, in case I change my mind and end up applying to a Master in Business Analytics.

P.S.: don't know if this counts, but I'm a trader (though not a professional one, consider it my hobbie :p), particularly in crypto currencies.

So... I know my academics aren't great, though they're kind of justified. Are schools like ESCP or IE/ESADE achievable, or should I be aiming a little lower?

Thanks and sorry for the biblical text.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
yashj wrote:
Hi

So, here's my profile.

GMAT ~ 700-720

If it matters -
10th Std- 10 CGPA
12th Std- 90%

Thanks!

Hi Yash

Thanks for posting. Here are our perspectives:
- In our opinion, not applying to or targeting the top programs is a mistake. What you spend in terms of higher tuition fees is more than made up for by higher salaries and faster career growth after graduating from a top school. What you may instead like to do is get a strong GMAT score so you could get scholarships at some of the top schools, lessening your cost of education.
- Your CGPA is not great, so target not just 700, but more (possibly 720) on the GMAT, in order to be competitive for scholarships.
- Your chances at ESCP and ESADE should be good, but these are not the best schools you could aim for, though they are better than the ones you list initially. You should be looking at ESSEC, ESADE, St Gallen, and LBS with a 700+ GMAT.
- You dont really need to take the IELTS or TOEFL. Once you get an admit from a top school, that itself suffices in terms of your ability to speak and communicate fluently in English.
- As of now, study for the GMAT and focus on getting a good score there. And of course, plan diligently to meet early deadlines for the top MiM programs. These are now around 2 months away.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Thanks for replying.

I have been thinking about my target schools a lot. Financial aid is an important aspect for me. But I get your point of applying at top schools. So I think I'll now target IE, ESSEC, ESCP and LBS, with Vlerick as a safe option. But LBS doesn't give many scholarships. And also you didn't mention HEC. So do I not stand a chance for HEC? With a better GMAT score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
Hi, I am an Indian student and have finished my Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering in June 2017. I plan to apply for ESSEC, ESCP Europe, UCD Smurfit and ESADE Business School. I have taken my GMAT and TOEFL and would like to get my profile evaluated.

Here is my profile.

GMAT - 670
TOEFL - 109 (UCD Smurfit requires TOEFL score)
Academic score - 7.15/ 10 (CGPA)
Work Experience - 12 Months (Overall in terms of Internships)
6 Months of internship in a startup as a Business Analyst.
2 Months of internship with CSIR-IMTECH (Ministry of Science and Technology)
2 Months of international internship in Croatia
2 Months of international internship in Egypt
Working with AIESEC for a period of 2 years handling the marketing and incoming department as a team leader.

I wanted to know is the profile good enough for top B-schools like ESSEC, ESCP and ESADE. I did not get a call from Bocconi as they found my application not strong enough (with no Interview round). So I am a little worried about the calls from the above mentioned schools.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank You
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank gyanone for all the guidance which helped me reach my goal.
I recommend gyanone to all my fellow Mim aspirants. Their service is very honest, punctual and helpful.
It worked really well for me. I got admitted into ESSEC . Hope this works well for you guys as well.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: ESSEC '22
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
GyanOne - I need your advice. I am planning to apply for the Masters in Management program for 2019 fall. I am looking at schools in France (Essec, ESCP) and other similarly reputed schools in Europe. I graduated from college in 2017 with an Engineering degree, however, I have shifted streams and am working in a different industry. My undergrad GPA is 7.3 (Indian school) and my GMAT is 650. I have decent extra-curriculars.
I would like to know if my profile is good enough to get into a top mim program. Or should I re-take my GMAT to try and get a score of 700+?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Abhi.Kapoor wrote:
Hi, I am an Indian student and have finished my Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering in June 2017. I plan to apply for ESSEC, ESCP Europe, UCD Smurfit and ESADE Business School. I have taken my GMAT and TOEFL and would like to get my profile evaluated.

Here is my profile.

GMAT - 670
TOEFL - 109 (UCD Smurfit requires TOEFL score)
Academic score - 7.15/ 10 (CGPA)
Work Experience - 12 Months (Overall in terms of Internships)
6 Months of internship in a startup as a Business Analyst.
2 Months of internship with CSIR-IMTECH (Ministry of Science and Technology)
2 Months of international internship in Croatia
2 Months of international internship in Egypt
Working with AIESEC for a period of 2 years handling the marketing and incoming department as a team leader.

I wanted to know is the profile good enough for top B-schools like ESSEC, ESCP and ESADE. I did not get a call from Bocconi as they found my application not strong enough (with no Interview round). So I am a little worried about the calls from the above mentioned schools.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank You

Hi Abhi.Kapoor,

Your profile is certainly strong enough for ESSEC, ESCP, and ESADE. A bit surprised that you did not get through to Bocconi - with a decent application and your profile, you should have made it. Possibly, there are some gaps in the way you are approaching your application. Feel free to get in touch directly in case you have not already applied to the schools you mention.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
nithinjohn wrote:
GyanOne - I need your advice. I am planning to apply for the Masters in Management program for 2019 fall. I am looking at schools in France (Essec, ESCP) and other similarly reputed schools in Europe. I graduated from college in 2017 with an Engineering degree, however, I have shifted streams and am working in a different industry. My undergrad GPA is 7.3 (Indian school) and my GMAT is 650. I have decent extra-curriculars.
I would like to know if my profile is good enough to get into a top mim program. Or should I re-take my GMAT to try and get a score of 700+?

Hi Nithin

With a strong application, you should be in contention at both these schools.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ASTOUNDING ESSEC MiM SUCCESS STORIES | ESSEC MiM RANKING

ESSEC MIM is an exemplary program which is ranked 5th in the world and provides extensive international exposure to students, among other experiences, with its two campuses in Paris and Singapore. The cost of the program is in the vicinity of € 40,000 for Non-European citizens. The RoI is a good bet as an average salary for a decent ESSEC MIM graduate could range from € 65,000. As per Financial Times report, placement at ESSEC MIM is 93% which is a walloping figure.

Poojitha Bhardwaj is a computer science engineer with a work experience in the consulting domain. She provides business solutions to her clients and is adept at high-level programming languages. Her aim was to get into one of the top B schools overseas for a management program. ven though her work credentials weren’t an issue, the GMAT score of 620 was far too low to get into the top 20 bschools....ESSEC MiM Ranking

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 11 Sep 2018, 06:16.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello

I have decided to go for MIM

My info

BBA - 6.3/10
CMA and CFA - LEVEL 2 COMPLETED NEXT YEAR LEVEL 3

ROCK SCHOOL GRADE LEVEL 8 AND TRAINED IN MUAY THAI

DISTRICT LEVEL CHESS AND CRICKET

Ielts score - 8
GMAT - 680

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hi,some brief details about my profile would be as follows
Gmat 660 (q47, v35, ir 5 and awa5.0)
IELTS score 8.0
Bachelor's commerce in financial markets from Mumbai University (KJ somaiya college), class of '17.
Used to work part time in my fathers manufacturing unit during college and been working there full time since I graduated.
Been quite active outside School as well. Work as a camp in charge for a camping company. Have done over 50 treks, completed the bronze level of duke of Edinburgh award and was briefly a part of rotary and have done multiple short certificate courses related to the financial markets, both online and offline. I am also trained in technical analysis of stocks.
I'm more inclined towards going to the US but am also open to other places. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts