Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.45
WE:Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]
gauravs2 wrote:
Hi Neharika,
I wanted to know more about the clubs and activities run by IMD students. I have been reading the IMD blog for last several months, but is there a link where I can go and browse the student-run clubs?

IMD students run several industry based clusters around consulting, financial services, tech, FMCG, energy etc. However, the formation and activities of clusters each year are based on the interest and the profile of the incoming class. IMD students also manage social, sports, speaker and year book committees. We do not have any specific link on the website which can provide more details. However I’ll be happy to provide more information on any particular cluster if needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2019 Entry) class of Dec 2019! [#permalink]
ShrishT wrote:
bb10 wrote:
How do Indians do coming out of IMD? Do they get jobs in EU or have to come back to India?

Also, how many people do MBB pick up at the school?

I heard IMD is a industry focus school and not consulting. MBBS donot really come on the campus so much!

I will disagree with this notion. Typically in any MBA school, approximately 10% of the class goes to MBBs and IMD is no different here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neharika_p wrote:
gauravs2 wrote:
Hi Neharika,
I wanted to know more about the clubs and activities run by IMD students. I have been reading the IMD blog for last several months, but is there a link where I can go and browse the student-run clubs?

IMD students run several industry based clusters around consulting, financial services, tech, FMCG, energy etc. However, the formation and activities of clusters each year are based on the interest and the profile of the incoming class. IMD students also manage social, sports, speaker and year book committees. We do not have any specific link on the website which can provide more details. However I’ll be happy to provide more information on any particular cluster if needed.

Thanks! That definitely helps and should be sufficient for now. I wanted to know:
a) if I have a suggestion for a new club (say Fin-Tech), can I initiate the same?
b) what clubs would fit my prior work-ex and career goals? (this question came up while researching for essays)
I think you've answered both the questions. Thanks once again!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
neharika_p wrote:
ShrishT wrote:
bb10 wrote:
How do Indians do coming out of IMD? Do they get jobs in EU or have to come back to India?

Also, how many people do MBB pick up at the school?

I heard IMD is a industry focus school and not consulting. MBBS donot really come on the campus so much!

I will disagree with this notion. Typically in any MBA school, approximately 10% of the class goes to MBBs and IMD is no different here.

I heard this response from >3 IMD alums (class of 2016 and 2017) so I am not sure what stats at IMD prove anyhow!
They said 'INSEAD is consulting school with MBBs coming to the campus. But do not expect that to happen that often that IMD.. you will be disappointed!'
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Here are a few points I would like to share. These are totally based on my research on IMD over the last few months, and may not be true necessarily.
First of all, INSEAD is popular for post-MBA consulting roles; a large part of it is because the intake itself comes from consulting (junior level) and goes back to consulting.
Secondly, they have a much larger class size compared to IMD.
Whereas IMD places around 25-30% of the batch into consulting, with a class size of just 90. McKinsey and Bain are regular recruiters, I am not sure about BCG though.
Here is a link to the most recent employment reports:
https://www.imd.org/uupload/IMD.WebSite ... istics.pdf
https://www.imd.org/globalassets/_progr ... -stats.pdf
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Friends, I have submitted my application to IMD today. With a lot of hope and optimism, I look forward to hearing back from the school.
What's happening with everyone else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: INSEAD Jan'18
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
gauravs2 wrote:
Friends, I have submitted my application to IMD today. With a lot of hope and optimism, I look forward to hearing back from the school.

All the best!! Just out of curiosity, did you try out the Assess Your Chances facility provided by IMD ?

Sent from my SM-A910F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
napid wrote:
gauravs2 wrote:

All the best!! Just out of curiosity, did you try out the Assess Your Chances facility provided by IMD ?

Sent from my SM-A910F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I gave the GMAT exam in Sep-2017 and got in touch with IMD at that time.
Since it was the last round of 2018 intake, they advised me to apply for 2019 intake.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
gauravs2 wrote:

Superb!wish you all the luck.

I am working on my application.

Anybody else working on R1 deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ShrishT wrote:
gauravs2 wrote:

Superb!wish you all the luck.

I am working on my application.

Anybody else working on R1 deadline?

Same here ShrishT !!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
just a thought, should we start a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for IMD applicants?
it might help us get our queries answered faster, and stay updated with each other on app status, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Hi everyone ..

I have completed my MBA from MDI Gurgaon in 2012-14 and applying for IMD R1. Now, in the application form, in education section, Would our Indian MBAs be classified as MBA or PGD (mentioned in drop down) ?

Any suggestions on the same ? Should I select MBA in the drop down or PGD ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rakshitsharma1989 wrote:
Hi everyone ..

I have completed my MBA from MDI Gurgaon in 2012-14 and applying for IMD R1. Now, in the application form, in education section, Would our Indian MBAs be classified as MBA or PGD (mentioned in drop down) ?

Any suggestions on the same ? Should I select MBA in the drop down or PGD ?

I am in a similar boat as you. I am from TAPMI, 2004 batch :)
I selected PGD, and then wrote degree name as PG Diploma in Management
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hope everyone is done with their apps or are nearing completion.
Let me know if I can be of any help to you guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
After I was sick for GMAT I needed to push my application to R2.
Liked the idea of a https://gmatclub.com/chat group!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
blumblack wrote:
After I was sick for GMAT I needed to push my application to R2.
Liked the idea of a https://gmatclub.com/chat group!

good luck for R2
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
From what I have seen on the website, IMD takes about 4-6 weeks to give a final decision. Now, if I apply in R2 well before the deadline, say by 15th March. Does that mean that my application will evaluated from the day I submit the application or will it be considered after 1st April ony (i.e. R2 deadline)?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts