Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Invited to Interview
13 Feb, 2018
13 Feb 2018, 11:43
Private, GRE: 320, Q160, V156; GPA: 3.95; WE: 40 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
13 Feb, 2018
13 Feb 2018, 12:45
Private, GMAT: 690, Q46, V38; GPA: 3.3; WE: 48 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
13 Feb, 2018
13 Feb 2018, 20:13
Private, GMAT: 690, Q46, V38; GPA: 3.3; WE: 48 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Simon '21 (I)
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Gordon44 wrote:
For anyone who is interested, I did a bit of analysis to try to get an idea of how far through their invite process they might be. (And yes, this is slightly obsessive).

2016:
Total R2 interview invites reported on Clearadmit live wire: 25
Date of final reported R2 invite: March 17

Total R2 interview invites reported on Clearadmit live wire: 27
Date of final reported R2 invite: March 15

2018 to date
Total R2 interview invites reported on clearadmit livewire: 11
Date... February 9th

If this really is any kind of indication (I think it is given the consistency between 2016 and 2017), it would seem that McDonough has a lot of interview invites yet to send out and we have a few weeks to sit tight.

I got a mail from GU - Application Evaluation Check-in" - which says that they are in process of reviewing the application and also it mentions that"
We extend invitations to interview with a valued member of our community up to the decision notification date."

I hope people find this useful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
priyesh92 wrote:
Can someone who attended McDonough's "Happy Hour" event today in Mumbai please share his/her experience?

Hi,

I had received an interview invite which I scheduled for the 10th February. Almost at the same time I received an invite for the event on the 8th Feb.

Now to the event, students who had received admits in the 1st round and those students who had interview invites in the 2nd round were invited. Also I came to know that there were some alumni who were invited to share their experiences. The event was hosted at Intercontinental on Marine Drive which is a really nice place. It was really a networking event where we could interact with different people. Anne, who was hosting the event, was really sweet and really made everybody comfortable. There were approximately 15 people at the event. Overall was pretty good experience and definitely helpful in understanding more the Georgetown and the community.

P.S - There were 3 alumni who came to the event. They were not from the MBA school but it was still interesting to hear about their experiences and why they liked Georgetown.
Invited to Interview
21 Feb, 2018
21 Feb 2018, 13:45
Private, GMAT: 670, Q42, V40; GPA: 3.56; WE: 49 months; United States, MA; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
21 Feb, 2018
21 Feb 2018, 14:34
Private, GPA: 3.6; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Simon '21 (I)
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
I haven't heard anything from Georgetown yet except application evaluation check in mail. Is it over or can I still expect an interview? Any idea anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.39
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Yashaswi90 wrote:
I haven't heard anything from Georgetown yet except application evaluation check in mail. Is it over or can I still expect an interview? Any idea anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hi, Yashaswi90,

I am in the same boat, still sitting tight and keeping strong till the end.
I submitted the application around 5th.Jan. and was asked from the school on 15th.Feb. for a further clarification regarding my resume.
Since then, I haven't heard anything from the school.
I've had these various possibilities moving back and forth inside my head-from 'I should have sent a clearer explanation to them' to 'maybe it's the right time to move on.' to 'I won't lose my hope at all. Let's start preparing the interview.'.

The best answer should come out from the school admissions team and the only thing I could say is let's not lose hope. (Well, I found the analysis post of Gordon44 interesting.) Fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Any R1 waitlisted candidate here who received an update after waitlist??

I have submitted my waitlist essay and am anxiously waiting for some positive news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Hey! I received an interview invite 5 days ago, but I am unable to book any slot on their portal. Is anyone also facing the same?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
radhikabahl wrote:
Hey! I received an interview invite 5 days ago, but I am unable to book any slot on their portal. Is anyone also facing the same?

Hiiii! I think I got an invite around the same time as you and I'm not able to book a slot as well. Ended up dropping a mail to them but they got back to me saying they have opened up more slots. Haven't noticed any new slots though :/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PankhuriPandya wrote:
radhikabahl wrote:

Hiiii! I think I got an invite around the same time as you and I'm not able to book a slot as well. Ended up dropping a mail to them but they got back to me saying they have opened up more slots. Haven't noticed any new slots though :/

Hi, radhikabahl & PankhuriPandya.
I wonder how the booking thing has gone on. I haven't got an invitation (still staying strong and yet hoping), though, I just wanted to know the situation.
Hope you two addressed this event and any update will be appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I received an interview invite today. Slots were open upto 6-March many of which were already taken by the time I tried to book. Somehow managed to pick a comfortable one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KM2018AA wrote:
I received an interview invite today. Slots were open upto 6-March many of which were already taken by the time I tried to book. Somehow managed to pick a comfortable one.

Congrats. I wish best of luck to you.(Also to the applicants who embark on this important step in career.)

I, kind of, guessed that some invitations could be reached the applicants today, and that was why I sit tight, not losing hope.
Well, I haven't heard since I was asked the other day by the school about my resume, though.
I think it seems for me to move on and prepare another next step in my life~!! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
KM2018AA wrote:

Should I still keep my hopes up for an interview invite this late in the game if I haven't heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know if Georgetown expedites the decision. I have an admit from another university but really looking forward to GT.

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts