Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Tuck Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Has anyone received a mail other than the automated response for their wait-list status?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Tuck Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question for this group. I'm little confused based on the information I see on Tuck's website. While the blog that was referenced in the WL letter says someone from AdCom team would reach out and there will be updates in May, the FAQ section says every round WL pool is evaluated. Does that mean EA round pool will be evaluated with Nov round applicants? In that case, we may be hearing from Adcom in Feb whether we remain in the pool or are dropped out, right?

Looking forward for someone to put my anxiety at rest!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Received an email with the subject “An Update Has Been Made To Your Tuck Application” that said “Your admission decision is now available.“

It just said that I had confirmed interest in the waitlist. No decision. I confirmed it on Dec 15th, I guess they just updated heir systems today?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
clamzo wrote:
Received an email with the subject “An Update Has Been Made To Your Tuck Application” that said “Your admission decision is now available.“

It just said that I had confirmed interest in the waitlist. No decision. I confirmed it on Dec 15th, I guess they just updated heir systems today?

Same here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q170 V162
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
tx-guy13 wrote:
clamzo wrote:

Same here.

Received the same on Jan 24th. Can we make a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all tuck waitlisted candidates. If interested, share your contact details @ +91 8879791933
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Will there be any movement today and tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
lebj09 wrote:
Will there be any movement today and tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

In terms of waitlisted candidates - Not sure
Nov round applicants - Yes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aprataps wrote:
tx-guy13 wrote:
clamzo wrote:

Same here.

Received the same on Jan 24th. Can we make a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all tuck waitlisted candidates. If interested, share your contact details @ +91 8879791933

+919810006162

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
IMP Note for Tuck WLed applicants: Tuck adcom will be conducting a live chat on coming Thursday on our forum for waitlisted applicants. Don't forget to attend this chat and ask your questions/concerns about the process to adcom.

Waitlisted: Tips for Navigating the Process
Date & Time: Thursday, February 15, 2018; 9 am Pacific Time (12pm EDT, 10:30pm IST)
Presenter: Stephanie Butler, Assistant Director of Admissions
Join Link: GMATClub Chat Room
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, I am not a waitlisted candidate for tuck, but a candidate seriously preparing to get into tuck next year, Can you guys share your experience of applications and essays and interview at Tuck

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tuck adcom is in chat room to answer waitlist questions - If you are around, join the chat room.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
IMP Note for Tuck WLed applicants: Tuck adcom will be conducting a live chat on coming Thursday on our forum for waitlisted applicants. Don't forget to attend this chat and ask your questions/concerns about the process to adcom.

Date & Time: Thursday, February 15, 2018; 9 am Pacific Time (12pm EDT, 10:30pm IST)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Tuck adcom is in chat room to answer waitlist questions - If you are around, join the chat room.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:

Could not attend, unfortunately. Is there a recording somewhere? Or would it be possible for someone to summarize key points?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
MrAmerica wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Could not attend, unfortunately. Is there a recording somewhere? Or would it be possible for someone to summarize key points?

Yes, below is the transcript of this chat session.

Attachment:
Tuck Chat Feb 15 Transcript.pdf [96.16 KiB]
Downloaded 215 times
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
demonawaits wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question for this group. I'm little confused based on the information I see on Tuck's website. While the blog that was referenced in the WL letter says someone from AdCom team would reach out and there will be updates in May, the FAQ section says every round WL pool is evaluated. Does that mean EA round pool will be evaluated with Nov round applicants? In that case, we may be hearing from Adcom in Feb whether we remain in the pool or are dropped out, right?

Looking forward for someone to put my anxiety at rest!

Not sure if you've already gotten an answer to your question, but it's possible they might reach out to you prior to May - I was on the waitlist from EA and was accepted during the Nov. Round decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Thanks estein1989!

Did you do something additional after the WL results to show your interest? Even I was WLed in EA and have been wondering what all could I do to improve my chances.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Kudos
demonawaits wrote:
Thanks estein1989!

Did you do something additional after the WL results to show your interest? Even I was WLed in EA and have been wondering what all could I do to improve my chances.

Hi demonawaits - First of all, good luck! I know that being on the waitlist was not an easy experience and definitely requires patience. I was waitlisted at two schools and that led me to believe there was one or two things in particular that I must have missed in my application, so I went back into my applications and tried to figure out what was the weak link. For me, I think it was my quantitative section, which I didn't have any experience as undergrad/college classes in, so I enrolled in two online classes - Accounting and Statistics - in order to boost that section; then I sent an email a few weeks ago to each of the schools once I had completed the classes informing them of my desire to remain on the waitlist/interest in the school, as well as my grades in the courses. I also reached out to a mentor and asked for them to write a supplementary letter of recommendation for me. Other tips I've heard for waitlist applicants is to get more involved in the community or take on a leadership project at work, etc. I hope this helps! :-)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Did anyone get off the WL today? Or (hopefully not) got released?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts