Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
This is so quiet here !!!
Do we have a watsapp group or something for the admitted student ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
Hello people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi all,

Any https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admitted candidates to discuss? Not much discussions here
Current Student
Send PM
I think there isn't any ..better we make one ??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
mihir0710 wrote:
I think there isn't any ..better we make one ??

I think that would be a good idea. Facebook group of admitted students is also not much active.
Current Student
Send PM
Hey guys,

Just created an admitted student https://gmatclub.com/chat group.

Please join using the link:
https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/96FOYYmygpA4HSouhvXJCa

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Hello y'all

Did everyone here decide to accept the final offer? Are you keeping other options?

I will most probably be heading to Carlson. Hope to see most of you soon! :)

Btw, did anyone begin the Visa & Finance options?

-J
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Top Contributor
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just created an admitted student https://gmatclub.com/chat group.

Please join using the link:
https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/96FOYYmygpA4HSouhvXJCa

Posted from my mobile device

There is an admitted international students https://gmatclub.com/chat group. Admitted international students would receive the link to the group from Carlson. The https://gmatclub.com/chat group has some current international students to answer questions. I believe admitted students from that group have created a https://gmatclub.com/chat group without the current students too. If you are an admitted international student and if you have not been invited to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group, please email mbagrad@umn.edu.

Shortly a Group Me (an app like https://gmatclub.com/chat) group will be created for all admitted students, and the link will be posted in the Facebook group. In the meantime feel free to engage in the facebook group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi, is anybody planning to attend UpClose '18?

AdmitJA, can you let us know how the logistics work out for international students (specifically the travel stipend part ;-) ) and what we can expect from the experience? TIA!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
helloksin wrote:

AdmitJA, can you let us know how the logistics work out for international students (specifically the travel stipend part ;-) ) and what we can expect from the experience? TIA!

Hey helloksin,

Good question! I am not sure what is the stipend policy this year. I am traveling now, but have emailed the admissions team. I will add a second post once I know more.

Regarding the experience part, I think Up Close is a real fun experience that more often than not woos admitted students to matriculate at Carlson. :) I think visiting Up Close would help you to learn lot more about the school and to learn more about what the MBA experience is at Carlson (and in the US). I decided to come to Up Close because I was in split minds of deciding whether I should stay with the startup that was growing very well vs. matriculating at Carlson (and that year). I think the trip made me learn lot more about the pros and cons of my decision by meeting people in person (students, GBCC, administration) and by sitting in classes (much lesser additional influence though). I must admit that I did not fully learn the pros and cons of the decision like I now know, but it certainly helped me take a better informed decision! If you would like to take a more informed decision or just meet your prospective classmates or have fun or set up half of the kitchen (like one of my friend did), come to Up Close.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Top Contributor
2nd post on the travel stipend:

The travel stipend for international attendees is $500. They will have to book tickets through Carlson's travel agency, Direct Travel. They will receive additional details once they register. If anyone has any questions before then, feel free to contact Jenn at admissions (jslesins@umn.edu).

The hotel room is provided for two nights (5th and 6th.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
AdmitJA wrote:

The travel stipend for international attendees is $500. They will have to book tickets through Carlson's travel agency, Direct Travel. They will receive additional details once they register. If anyone has any questions before then, feel free to contact Jenn at admissions (jslesins@umn.edu).

I just got admitted. Where can I find out info on the event and these details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AdmitJA wrote:
helloksin wrote:

Hey helloksin,

Good question! I am not sure what is the stipend policy this year. I am traveling now, but have emailed the admissions team. I will add a second post once I know more.

Regarding the experience part, I think Up Close is a real fun experience that more often than not woos admitted students to matriculate at Carlson. :) I think visiting Up Close would help you to learn lot more about the school and to learn more about what the MBA experience is at Carlson (and in the US). I decided to come to Up Close because I was in split minds of deciding whether I should stay with the startup that was growing very well vs. matriculating at Carlson (and that year). I think the trip made me learn lot more about the pros and cons of my decision by meeting people in person (students, GBCC, administration) and by sitting in classes (much lesser additional influence though). I must admit that I did not fully learn the pros and cons of the decision like I now know, but it certainly helped me take a better informed decision! If you would like to take a more informed decision or just meet your prospective classmates or have fun or set up half of the kitchen (like one of my friend did), come to Up Close.

Thank you for the response, AdmitJA! I think, i may just attend. I don't want to regret later that i didn't!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AdmitJA wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to answer this AdmitJA! I was in touch with the UpClose team and got the same info as well. However, interacting with Direct Travel was tedious. I hope to make the most of this opportunity.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey, I am attending UpClose as well. Hope to see some of you there.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Carlson Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Carlson Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Carlson Forum for all fresh things related to the Carlson MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts